SpyPOINT trail cam

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

SpyPOINT trail cam

Postby Ricky Spanish » Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:36 am

I bought one and am sort of clueless.
Hoping members use this and know the ins and out of the subscription and app.
I had it set up.
My phone shit itself and I'm completely lost.
Plz. I don't wanna call these people.
Help set it up on my new phone and help pick a plan.
Was using the free one.
16666257479157619232018272969238.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Ricky Spanish

Re: SpyPOINT trail cam

Postby Ricky Spanish » Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:38 am

1. Open box.
The quick start guide is inside yuh big dummy!
(Face slap)
:thumbsup: :lol:
Ricky Spanish

Postby Duck Engr » Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:06 am

Yep they’re pretty handy. Have 4 that we use as security cams. Setup is pretty straightforward.
Duck Engr
WFF Administrator

Postby Ricky Spanish » Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:15 am

Duck Engr wrote:Yep they’re pretty handy. Have 4 that we use as security cams. Setup is pretty straightforward.

It is easy or was.
I'm lazy and want this thing to watch my tent.
Won't keep people away but I'll at least know if someone is snooping and when.
Where I set up signal.is iffy and weak.
Might or might not work.
I'll see.
Ricky Spanish

Postby Ricky Spanish » Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:14 pm

All I had to do was re-load the app and remember the password.
Screenshot_20221024-131320_SPYPOINT.jpg

Maybe later I'll post pics of agfc snoopin. .
I guess just get the unlimited pictures plan eh?
It'll burn up 100 in 3 days..
Ricky Spanish

Postby Ricky Spanish » Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:23 pm

Nice shot of ceiling :lol:
Screenshot_20221024-132230_SPYPOINT.jpg
Ricky Spanish

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:57 pm

I like my Moultrie cell game cam, but in my experience they use a lot of batteries.

I want mine sending it immediately and I think I have it at max battery use settings. I think there are a settings to adjust that can reduce battery use.

The reason I want it immediately. Where I shot that buck, this time of year I get random buck passing through and they often leave the same way the came. If I am working from home, I can be in my blind in less than 30 minutes. From work, less than an hour. If anything goes in that gets me excited, sometimes I can drop everything and leave. Hasn't worked out that way yet, but I've on many occasions had them come in, especially early afternoon around 2PM or so and then come back out 2 hours or so later.

On a funny note on that, last year a nice buck came in and I couldn't drop everything. Texted a couple buddies that hunt the area to give them a heads up. A couple minutes later, I get a text back, he's now in front of his cell game cam on the other side of the area. About 10 minutes after that, he passes by mine heading out of the property. So I text them back "never mind, he's gone." That dude was in a hurry and covering some territory to find the ladies.
SpinnerMan

Postby Ricky Spanish » Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:02 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:I like my Moultrie cell game cam, but in my experience they use a lot of batteries.

I want mine sending it immediately and I think I have it at max battery use settings. I think there are a settings to adjust that can reduce battery use.

The reason I want it immediately. Where I shot that buck, this time of year I get random buck passing through and they often leave the same way the came. If I am working from home, I can be in my blind in less than 30 minutes. From work, less than an hour. If anything goes in that gets me excited, sometimes I can drop everything and leave. Hasn't worked out that way yet, but I've on many occasions had them come in, especially early afternoon around 2PM or so and then come back out 2 hours or so later.

On a funny note on that, last year a nice buck came in and I couldn't drop everything. Texted a couple buddies that hunt the area to give them a heads up. A couple minutes later, I get a text back, he's now in front of his cell game cam on the other side of the area. About 10 minutes after that, he passes by mine heading out of the property. So I text them back "never mind, he's gone." That dude was in a hurry and covering some territory to find the ladies.

This is fast from my wifi equipped living room but put it where there's barely one bar of signal force and see.
It slows way down once the wifi is gone.

Mallard lake will give it a real world test.
It'd maybe work at 7mile. Maybe.
The thing that matters is the time stamp and date thing.
That way I at least know when someone dropped by or whatever.
I know pretty much all the local die-hards and we visit.

Setting up hunting with a guy I met years ago.
Our mutual friend got divorced, sold all his stuff, and don't hunt ducks anymore. It's hard to imagine but they come n go like that.
If you have a stable relationship and "she" let's you hunt that's a keeper and make sure she knows how you feel.
I've been doing it since before we got married.
Ricky Spanish

Postby Anotherone » Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:14 pm

Trying the game cam on the shed that the methmen got into?
Anotherone

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:28 pm

Ricky Spanish wrote:If you have a stable relationship and "she" let's you hunt that's a keeper and make sure she knows how you feel.
I've been doing it since before we got married.

My wife's great about my hunting. As you know, even tags along on occasion. But I don't abuse the privilege. By that I mean, "Oh Honey, it's fishing season now bye." I fish less than I would so I can hunt as much as I do with no hard feelings.

I've known guys that hunt a lot and then turn around and fish all the time. "You did choose to get married right?" :?:
SpinnerMan

Postby Ricky Spanish » Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:57 pm

Mine decided a cold butt wasn't worth it for a duck after a handful of adventures. First split in Arkansas there will be a few young ladies with their boy friends.
That's always nice to see.
Ricky Spanish

Return to The Blind