Grass/Brush/Vegetation Holders

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Grass/Brush/Vegetation Holders

Postby PorkChop » Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:37 pm

Last spring I purchased a Fat Boy and a Fat Boy DB. Leaning towards getting those black rubber cargo holding cords to use as vegetation holders. Thinking that I can just take the silver hooks off and then use a screw with a bigger washer on it to hold them on the boats. Not sure if a self tapping screw would be best and wondering if I should dip them into some kind of sealant before screwing them in.

Any other ideas out there? I am very open minded on this project! Looking for any thoughts as they pertain to the subject. I don’t care with uncle Billy boy did to his pet goat back in 1974 Ricky. :lol: :lol: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Feel free to add pictures as my little pea brain has trouble interpreting what people are trying to tell me in text.
PorkChop

Re: Grass/Brush/Vegetation Holders

Postby Ricky Spanish » Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:59 am

Sounds good but don't use steel on an aluminum boat.
Use Stainless steel.
I learned the hard way. When I first put auxiliary lights on my boat, (headlights) I just screwed them on with sheet metal screws. Seemed legit.

Within two weeks them steel screws rusted to where the holes in the boat were too big. It's simply what happens.
Lowes has a big selection of stainless steel hardware.
I bet you already know it but not everyone knows about dis-similar metals and the problems it can create.

Oh...try duck tape :lol:
Ricky Spanish

Postby Deltaman » Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:27 am

Cool little duck boats :thumbsup: Looks like it is made of fiberglass, and yes, I would use a sealant of some type on your screws.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby Ricky Spanish » Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:55 am

Deltaman wrote:Cool little duck boats :thumbsup: Looks like it is made of fiberglass, and yes, I would use a sealant of some type on your screws.

Thought those were blinds.
Sorry I thought porkchop had a metal jon boat.
Doh...there I go thinkin
Ricky Spanish

Postby PorkChop » Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:44 pm

Yup I also have a 18’ semi V. It’s a plain Jane right now. Always say I am going to paint her but never do.

The fat boys are fiberglass.

0821A22C-84A2-4102-89FA-696B4183AC85.jpeg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
PorkChop

Postby OGblackcloud » Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:34 am

I like them :thumbsup:
OGblackcloud

Return to The Blind