Gutters

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Gutters

Postby PorkChop » Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:08 am

Any of you ever install your own gutters on your house? I have not priced them in a couple years but just buying them seems to be fairly cheap. I’m sure the installation is where they get you. As luck would have it the melting snow turned to ice and is ripping some of my gutters off the house. This does not come as a surprise as like I mentioned I was looking at gutters a couple years ago. So it looks like this summer whether I do it or if I have to hire somebody it needs to be done. Just wondering if I should entertain the idea of doing it myself or hire somebody.
PorkChop

Re: Gutters

Postby Ricky Spanish » Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:13 am

PorkChop wrote:Any of you ever install your own gutters on your house? I have not priced them in a couple years but just buying them seems to be fairly cheap. I’m sure the installation is where they get you. As luck would have it the melting snow turned to ice and is ripping some of my gutters off the house. This does not come as a surprise as like I mentioned I was looking at gutters a couple years ago. So it looks like this summer whether I do it or if I have to hire somebody it needs to be done. Just wondering if I should entertain the idea of doing it myself or hire somebody.

Yeah I did gutters. We had a trailer and could make whatever length we needed.
Was a pita putting it up at times.
It's ladder work and you need to stay off them.
Your wife will probably agree. :scooter:

One of the tricks you need to know about are ladder brackets, stand-offs, that let you not touch the gutters.
I'd pay someone to do it.
Ricky Spanish

Postby PorkChop » Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:30 pm

See that’s why I asked the question I didn’t even take into consideration having to cutting them to size.
PorkChop

Postby Ricky Spanish » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:12 pm

PorkChop wrote:See that’s why I asked the question I didn’t even take into consideration having to cutting them to size.

The way it gets cut is a big sheer thing. It goes "chomp". The gutters come in a big coil. The machine shapes it and cuts it. The gutter trailer was so fucking heavy my truck would barely pull it and stopping was sketchy.
Want a video ?
Oh yeah ...no.
Ricky Spanish

Postby PorkChop » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:37 pm

Ricky Spanish wrote:Want a video ?
Oh yeah ...no.

Haha this actually made me laugh. :lol:

I was looking at pre formed gutters. What did you work for ABC seamless? That is how they do their siding and I believe they do the gutters the same way.
PorkChop

Postby Ricky Spanish » Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:15 pm

PorkChop wrote:
Ricky Spanish wrote:Want a video ?
Oh yeah ...no.

Haha this actually made me laugh. :lol:

I was looking at pre formed gutters. What did you work for ABC seamless? That is how they do their siding and I believe they do the gutters the same way.

Something like that only it was called modern construction in Gifford, Illinois. That ended weird. They couldn't pay me so I took their tools..
Dared em to come and get them.
:lol:
Later on i ended up at an even worse place doing siding cheap as hell. Shit went downhill when that black Irish guy got elected.
O'bama
Ricky Spanish

Postby OGblackcloud » Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:22 pm

Have them done . Go seamless 6 inch with the 4 inch down spouts you can even have them color match to your house
OGblackcloud

Postby PorkChop » Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:35 pm

Thanks guys!!
PorkChop

Return to The Blind