Yesterday At Work

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Yesterday At Work

Postby PorkChop » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:53 pm

Yesterday at work a roustabout and I got to talking about spring Snows. During the conversation he made the statement that he doesn’t understand why people call them sky carp. My reply was because people don’t know how to kill them. People get lucky every once in a while but for the most part people cannot kill them consistently so just like the hot chick at school being called a whore because she won’t give a guy the time a day, Snows get a bad rap. People seem to hate what they can’t get. Just like people hate successful people. Instead of trying to learn from them they despise them.

And people that say they don’t taste good have either never ate one or they just don’t know how to cook. I’m guessing they are use to eating burnt frozen pizza!
PorkChop

Re: Yesterday At Work

Postby plainsman » Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:24 pm

snows are great eating, just wish they were bigger
plainsman

Postby PorkChop » Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:51 pm

You just have to shoot more
PorkChop

Postby Rick » Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:14 am

Just posted Aesop's "Fox and Grapes" answer to that question on the fuge yesterday. Too old and far out of here league to remember the hottest gal in high school.
Rick

Postby Ricky Spanish » Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:30 am

Rick wrote:Just posted Aesop's "Fox and Grapes" answer to that question on the fuge yesterday. Too old and far out of here league to remember the hottest gal in high school.

Snow goose marinated and stewed in concord grapes sounds tasty. The chances of me shooting a snow goose is pretty low I'd have to settle for grape merganzer or grape grebe.
Ricky Spanish

Return to The Blind