How Much Gas Are They Saving

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

How Much Gas Are They Saving

Postby PorkChop » Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:52 pm

Not sure if anyone else ever picked up on it but at least up here even on the coldest winter days UPS delivery guys shut their delivery vehicle off at every stop. Always wondered how much gas they are saving doing this compare to wear and tear of restarting the engine so many times.

That’s all...
PorkChop

Re: How Much Gas Are They Saving

Postby Deltaman » Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:28 pm

Depends on how long it takes them to find the package in the back...........ha ha!
I'm thinking it's probably a liability or a theft deterrent?? Bet they replace starters more often than you and me!!!!
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby Ricky Spanish » Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:30 pm

I think what matters is the perception that they're making efforts to save fuel.
In reality they're burning as much as they can as fast as they can because the customers are paying for it.
Saving gas is easy
Just quit buying it.
:lol:
Ricky Spanish

Postby PorkChop » Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:01 pm

Didn’t even consider theft prevention. I will have to pay attention to see if they take the keys with them
PorkChop

Postby Ricky Spanish » Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:10 pm

PorkChop wrote:Didn’t even consider theft prevention. I will have to pay attention to see if they take the keys with them

These days it is not legal to start your car and let it warm up unless it has remote start and security where the car dies without the chipped key. Leaving a delivery van running is probably covered by same law BUT a police car is exempt because it's against the law to steal a police cruiser. Ask a cop n see.. :lol:
Ricky Spanish

Postby PorkChop » Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:34 pm

Ricky Spanish wrote:
PorkChop wrote:Didn’t even consider theft prevention. I will have to pay attention to see if they take the keys with them

These days it is not legal to start your car and let it warm up unless it has remote start and security where the car dies without the chipped key. Leaving a delivery van running is probably covered by same law BUT a police car is exempt because it's against the law to steal a police cruiser. Ask a cop n see.. :lol:

No such legality issues like that here. If I want to start my truck, leave the key in the ignition, and let it run all day I can and nobody can do a thing about it. Living in your Chinatown must suck!!

:beer:
PorkChop

Postby Ricky Spanish » Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:13 am

PorkChop wrote:
Ricky Spanish wrote:

No such legality issues like that here. If I want to start my truck, leave the key in the ignition, and let it run all day I can and nobody can do a thing about it. Living in your Chinatown must suck!!

:beer:

Because I follow all laws...this is a country of laws.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This shit drives the resident marsh popes batty.
Ricky Spanish

Return to The Blind