Dive Bomb FB Snows

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Dive Bomb FB Snows

Postby PorkChop » Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:01 pm

I do not own any dive bomb products. However our safety guy does and he has plastered all sorts of equipment out there with dive bomb stickers just to get my goat. My wife made a custom made decal that I will not share here because it might end up on one of y’all’s vehicles. I put a couple on his truck and he drove around for a few weeks without realizing they were there. Someday I’ll reveal it or take credit for it when it starts popping up on different forums. I’ve already seen it pop up on Facebook from some unsuspecting victims.

Anyways back to the subject I guess dive bomb has released their full body snow goose decoys but I cannot find any pictures. I believe they are on Facebook but no Facebook for me till Sunday. I am curious to see what they look like as in reality he Snowgoose is pretty basic. More interested in seeing what the blues look like
PorkChop

Re: Dive Bomb FB Snows

Postby Ricky Spanish » Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:07 pm

They have a yt video where they're high as fuck on snow goose. Yellow Dog wearing a white burka made of a bed sheet.
After Easter look at it.
Ricky Spanish

Postby plainsman » Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:12 pm

Heard a lot about dive bomb, much of it wasn't good....just saying
plainsman

Postby plainsman » Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:32 pm

Not even sure why you would want fb's... a pain in the butt
plainsman

Postby PorkChop » Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:02 am

plainsman wrote:Heard a lot about dive bomb, much of it wasn't good....just saying

Once again I am not a dive bomb person but all the sheep that are in the clique that I know have nothing bad to say about them.
PorkChop

Postby PorkChop » Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:04 am

plainsman wrote:Not even sure why you would want fb's... a pain in the butt

I’m not sure if you are referring to all full bodies in general or just Snowgeese but for the last three or four years that’s all I’ve used for ducks and that’s all I’ve used for honkers for 30 years. This fall was the first time I use them for snows. They are anything but a pain in the butt!
PorkChop

Postby plainsman » Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:01 am

PorkChop wrote:

I’m not sure if you are referring to all full bodies in general or just Snowgeese but for the last three or four years that’s all I’ve used for ducks and that’s all I’ve used for honkers for 30 years. This fall was the first time I use them for snows. They are anything but a pain in the butt!

you must be trailering in, not walking
plainsman

Postby PorkChop » Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:56 am

plainsman wrote:
PorkChop wrote:

Yes I have two enclosed trailers and I’m looking to maybe add a third one. If the fields are too muddy I have a Polaris 850 and several big sleds. It’s a pre-smooth operation. We don’t have time to walk in around these parts.
PorkChop

Postby plainsman » Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:10 am

PorkChop wrote:
plainsman wrote:
PorkChop wrote:

Yes I have two enclosed trailers and I’m looking to maybe add a third one. If the fields are too muddy I have a Polaris 850 and several big sleds. It’s a pre-smooth operation. We don’t have time to walk in around these parts.

land owners around here get really pissy if you drive in their fields, it's walk in only. get caught driving in and it's a trespassing charge
plainsman

Postby Ricky Spanish » Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:29 am

Thirty years.
Hunted way back in the 1900s...
:lol:
Ricky Spanish

Postby Ricky Spanish » Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:41 pm

This just got to me.
Screenshot_20230409_154010_Gmail.jpg

Like you need help spending money.
Avian X though?
What all I have from avian x is real nice
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Ricky Spanish

Postby PorkChop » Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:54 pm

I use SX Snows. Avian‘s are cheaper I believe. I have 10 dozen Avian full body mallards and I don’t know how many dozen floaters and so far they have served me well.
PorkChop

Postby PorkChop » Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:04 pm

In regards to driving in the fields I’m not sure why farmers make such a big deal about it. Their soil samplers drive all over the field and then when they spray the fields (unless they use crop dusters) drive all over the field. Those big sprayers leave pretty good ruts in the field. There are a few farmers around here that I will ask just to make sure they don’t mind me driving out in the field. 99% of them just say yes but to use good judgment meaning don’t go out there right after a rain storm.

It’s funny that they will bitch about a truck out in the field but when they are planting, fertilizing and harvesting and the fields are wet they leave all sorts of black dirt all over the roads. Not to mention the ruts. I realize it’s their field and if they want to tear it up that’s their right. But they do more damage than my truck ever could.

We were hunting spring snows one time and there was thousands upon thousands upon thousands in this field. Warm day and of course winter wheat was starting to sprout. Could not see it when we first got in the field. Farmer was yelling and screaming that we were destroying his crop. Those Snowgeese would’ve ate him clean. One of the guys that I was hunting with is pretty loaded and he told that farmer to figure out how many bushels he figures we destroyed and he would write him a check right then and there. The fact is we didn’t destroy anything but those Snowgeese sure were. The farmer calmed down after that and went on his merry way. That being said if we would’ve saw the winter wheat sprouting we would’ve never hunted the field without talking to him first.
PorkChop

Postby Ricky Spanish » Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:12 pm

It's possible to not do a lot of tearing up fields sort of crap but there is always this kid with a hopped up dodge 2500 4x4 with huge mud tires and that's the guy that's tears it all up. We had one on them guys and I was totally ashamed of the bullshit he did just fucking around.
I'd tippy toe thru in my pos light truck like nobody was there.
Ricky Spanish

Postby PorkChop » Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:31 pm

Idiots with their big mud trucks is a whole different animal. Same with the idiots on their ATVs doing stupid stuff.
PorkChop

Postby Ricky Spanish » Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:08 am

PorkChop wrote:Idiots with their big mud trucks is a whole different animal. Same with the idiots on their ATVs doing stupid stuff.

The one I remember was named Jarrod and you could tell.just by watching him that he was enjoying the hell out of tearing up a muddy lane.
His wife divorced him during duck season.
Bam.
Ricky Spanish

Return to The Blind