Two Days

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Two Days

Postby PorkChop » Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:55 am

There are just two days out of the year that all creatures from ants to skunks to triple banded neck collar specklebellies get a free pass. Easter and Christmas are days I will not kill anything. Wasn’t always this way but I’m getting soft in my old age! How about you killers?
PorkChop

Re: Two Days

Postby Ricky Spanish » Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:05 am

PorkChop wrote:There are just two days out of the year that all creatures from ants to skunks to triple banded neck collar specklebellies get a free pass. Easter and Christmas are days I will not kill anything. Wasn’t always this way but I’m getting soft in my old age! How about you killers?

Guilty as charged...
But Easter?
No. It has nothing to do with religion at all.
If they'd allow it I'd do it.
I bet it's been done.
By who?
US Congressmen and senators.

Dig a little and you might find that the federal reserve act was snuck thru on Christmas.
Ricky Spanish

Postby Rick » Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:26 am

Christmas is one of the very few days I can usually take family and/or friends, so I do. Or, an even rarer treat of late, go alone. Won't miss it. And several sacks of crawfish are about to give their all for family and friends in an hour or so...
Rick

Postby Anotherone » Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:27 am

Poor little crawfish. Enjoy!
Anotherone

Postby Ricky Spanish » Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:30 am

Rick wrote:Christmas is one of the very few days I can usually take family and/or friends, so I do. Or, an even rarer treat of late, go alone. Won't miss it. And several sacks of crawfish are about to give their all for family and friends in an hour or so...

For many years I'd sneak out to pond hop a certain spot every Christmas morning so I could experience" the big quiet ".
It's very rare to have that here but on Christmas and new years morning it's like dead silent other than natural sounds.
Peaceful.
My favorite memories.
Give it a try just cuz.

I would eat the hell out of some crawdads right now.
Mm
Ricky Spanish

Return to The Blind