Online ammo auctions

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Online ammo auctions

Postby OGblackcloud » Thu May 04, 2023 2:54 pm

Any of you buy from them ?
OGblackcloud

Re: Online ammo auctions

Postby Deltaman » Thu May 04, 2023 3:37 pm

Interesting OG, I have not, and can't say that I even knew they existed. Always leary with anything that involves online auctions, but let us know if you venture forth, or hear anything positive or negative.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby Ricky Spanish » Thu May 04, 2023 3:46 pm

Rumor online that Obiden will sign executive orders to appease the greenies up to and including restriction of hunting and fishing.
He has both a pen and a phone so just like that poof there could be no hunting season.
Brandon....
What do I need ammo for again?
Ricky Spanish

Postby OGblackcloud » Thu May 04, 2023 4:30 pm

Deltaman wrote:Interesting OG, I have not, and can't say that I even knew they existed. Always leary with anything that involves online auctions, but let us know if you venture forth, or hear anything positive or negative.

I have recently on Gunbroker but it was for some 44-40 ammo wouldn't think about it for shotshells I looked at them and there are no deals .
OGblackcloud

Postby 5 stand » Thu May 04, 2023 4:57 pm

I haven't bought any online, I've been shooting up old stock... I was out of my clay target loads this spring, and had a bunch of miscellaneous shotgun shell components so I added to them and reloaded all my target loads for this year.. I kicked the can down the road for one more year we'll see what happens...
I have enough hunting loads for a couple more years, maybe more?
Maybe this year we can get everyone's closets full and the supply and demand will work itself out?
5 stand

Postby Ricky Spanish » Thu May 04, 2023 5:00 pm

5 stand wrote:I haven't bought any online, I've been shooting up old stock... I was out of my clay target loads this spring, and had a bunch of miscellaneous shotgun shell components so I added to them and reloaded all my target loads for this year.. I kicked the can down the road for one more year we'll see what happens...
I have enough hunting loads for a couple more years, maybe more?
Maybe this year we can get everyone's closets full and the supply and demand will work itself out?

Am set up for years.
40+ boxes and I've only been shooting maybe 3 or 4 a year. If I'm hunting ducks in 2032 it'll be a freaking miracle.
Ricky Spanish

Postby 5 stand » Thu May 04, 2023 5:12 pm

40++++ BOXES.... I know who's been hoarding them all... :lol: :lol: :lol:
5 stand

Postby 5 stand » Thu May 04, 2023 5:20 pm

OG after you asked that question, I got to searching and ended up on a outdoor life article... Pretty much buyer beware like we all know, it referred to GunBroker as a good one... I have bought and sold guns on that site and it does seem to be a good one... Ended up reading their insurance policy and doesn't sound very good for ammo purchases?
They cover up to $500 which doesn't cover tax or shipping, and has $100 deductible... So if I understand it right if you bought $100 worth you're out in the cold, but I also may have misunderstood something?
5 stand

Postby Ricky Spanish » Thu May 04, 2023 5:27 pm

5 stand wrote:40++++ BOXES.... I know who's been hoarding them all... :lol: :lol: :lol:

In 2019 I panicked and bought everything I saw for about a month. Where? Rural King, Farm and Fleet, and Dicks. Got a ten box flat at rural.king for under $200.. them blue Peter's shells and they're good.

It's all my fault.
:lol:

My wife says if they outlaw hunting fuck it no more limits and shooting hours...seasons. wheeee
Ricky Spanish

Postby OGblackcloud » Thu May 04, 2023 6:41 pm

5 stand wrote:OG after you asked that question, I got to searching and ended up on a outdoor life article... Pretty much buyer beware like we all know, it referred to GunBroker as a good one... I have bought and sold guns on that site and it does seem to be a good one... Ended up reading their insurance policy and doesn't sound very good for ammo purchases?
They cover up to $500 which doesn't cover tax or shipping, and has $100 deductible... So if I understand it right if you bought $100 worth you're out in the cold, but I also may have misunderstood something?

I spent more than a hundred :lol: Had to if I wanted the bullets . 50 rounds is running 199.00 for what looks like new . Can find some guys auctioning at 50 or 60 but in the next 4 or 5 days those prices will be up there for sure. I didn't buy new and still paid up there . As far as 12 and 20 I've got enough steel for the rest of my life I think , but will buy more trap loads and some steal 7s when I see them .
OGblackcloud

Postby Ricky Spanish » Thu May 04, 2023 6:48 pm

OGblackcloud wrote:
5 stand wrote:OG after you asked that question, I got to searching and ended up on a outdoor life article... Pretty much buyer beware like we all know, it referred to GunBroker as a good one... I have bought and sold guns on that site and it does seem to be a good one... Ended up reading their insurance policy and doesn't sound very good for ammo purchases?

I spent more than a hundred :lol: Had to if I wanted the bullets . 50 rounds is running 199.00 for what looks like new . Can find some guys auctioning at 50 or 60 but in the next 4 or 5 days those prices will be up there for sure. I didn't buy new and still paid up there . As far as 12 and 20 I've got enough steel for the rest of my life I think , but will buy more trap loads and some steal 7s when I see them .

Thats easy or was. The store was flooded with Russian target loads.
Ricky Spanish

Postby 5 stand » Thu May 04, 2023 6:56 pm

OGblackcloud wrote:

:lol: if it's not a shotgun shell I don't have a clue what it should cost...
I have several rifles and a few pistols but I haven't shot them in years... :o
5 stand

Return to The Blind