Scammed @ Wal-Mart

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Scammed @ Wal-Mart

Postby Deltaman » Tue May 23, 2023 8:37 am

Stopped by Wally World to grab a couple of things, and went through the self checkout. By the time I got home, my bank was calling me about a possible fraud. Sure as hell, my $19.00 ring up was there, but a $418.35 charge was right behind it, showing Bentonville, AR (Wally World Corp).......the bastages :( Pretty awesome that my bank picked up on it and alerted me, but a pia to cancel the card and get a new one. Since I get a few points back on purchases, I pay most of my bills with it and pay it off each month, hoping I remember to make that card change on the next billing cycle.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Re: Scammed @ Wal-Mart

Postby Ricky Spanish » Tue May 23, 2023 8:56 am

Deltaman wrote:Stopped by Wally World to grab a couple of things, and went through the self checkout. By the time I got home, my bank was calling me about a possible fraud. Sure as hell, my $19.00 ring up was there, but a $418.35 charge was right behind it, showing Bentonville, AR (Wally World Corp).......the bastages :( Pretty awesome that my bank picked up on it and alerted me, but a pia to cancel the card and get a new one. Since I get a few points back on purchases, I pay most of my bills with it and pay it off each month, hoping I remember to make that card change on the next billing cycle.

Sorry.
It happened to us at a Schnuck's grocery store.
The Chicago-based company had been hacked by Russians....allegedly. charges showed up at a Massachusetts toll booth and a department store in Ireland. Someone wanted furniture. ...denied
I was preparing to take them to court but my dog ate my homework. :lol:

You know we are talking about some dark web shit now.
Ricky Spanish

Postby Ricky Spanish » Tue May 23, 2023 9:06 am

Another time I went to the Phillips 66 gas station in Blytheville Arkansas. Card reader at pump went thu all the actions of asking for pin # then said "see clerk inside". By the time I got inside my wife was calling asking "did you just charge exactly $100 in gas?".
So the clerk got an ear full, then threatened to call the police.
Me..."hurry up and say it's an emergency please".
"I just got robbed".
The look I got. :lol:
Almost worth the c note.
Ricky Spanish

Postby Jimmy » Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:52 am

Deltaman wrote:Stopped by Wally World to grab a couple of things, and went through the self checkout. By the time I got home, my bank was calling me about a possible fraud. Sure as hell, my $19.00 ring up was there, but a $418.35 charge was right behind it, showing Bentonville, AR (Wally World Corp).......the bastages :( Pretty awesome that my bank picked up on it and alerted me, but a pia to cancel the card and get a new one. Since I get a few points back on purchases, I pay most of my bills with it and pay it off each month, hoping I remember to make that card change on the next billing cycle.

What kind of monthly bills are you paying via CC? Seems like most utilities surcharge paying online with a CC, don't think banks take them for mortgage payments. I agree having to update accounts with new CC info sucks. Especially since a lot of online businesses seem to store everything but the CVV number whether you want them to or not!
Jimmy

Postby Deltaman » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:59 am

I pay my AT&T phone/internet/TV, and my gas bill with it. The rest of them I pay directly from my bank account. Also, anything I buy in stores, be it groceries, clothes, restaurants, etc...
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Return to The Blind