Dove

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Dove

Postby OGblackcloud » Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:06 am

How many of you chase them and what are you seeing leading up to Sept. 1st ? In my range of travels I'm only seeing a few here and there , may need to enlarge my range of driving here in Minnesota . Was even considering going across into the Dakotas
OGblackcloud

Re: Dove

Postby Ricky Spanish » Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:39 am

OGblackcloud wrote:How many of you chase them and what are you seeing leading up to Sept. 1st ? In my range of travels I'm only seeing a few here and there , may need to enlarge my range of driving here in Minnesota . Was even considering going across into the Dakotas

Hell yeah I shoot em but it's usually more of sitting by gravel piles and shoot them off the abandoned railroad wires. Not sporting in any way its plain bird murder.
Trains a dog to have a soft mouth.
:lol:

Reminds me of Darren (dickweed) Evens.
He tried hunting with guns he's an archer.
He'd miss a dove 3 times and I'd shoot it every time.
Loved doing it too.
He finally gave up.
He asked me a hundred times where to put the bead.
I'd say file it off its fucking you up.
Ricky Spanish

Postby Duck Engr » Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:56 am

I chase them occasionally, more so for dog training like Betty mentioned, but also scratches an itchy trigger finger and we grill them for football-watching food. Not seeing much for numbers yet here in south Alabama. Numbers don’t typically pick up around our place till sometime in august.
Duck Engr
WFF Administrator

Postby Rick » Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:35 am

I'm not enough of a shooter to have bothered with them in quite a while, but saw enough doves go down dogs' hatches to have quit taking young dogs along well before I quit shooting them. Even saw a fellow off to the emergency room after he tried to recover one before it got all the way down.
Rick

Postby Ricky Spanish » Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:38 am

Rick wrote:I'm not enough of a shooter to have bothered with them in quite a while, but saw enough doves go down dogs' hatches to have quit taking young dogs along well before I quit shooting them. Even saw a fellow off to the emergency room after he tried to recover one before it got all the way down.

You need to feed your dog more. :lol:
That's what they said when milo gulped a teal.
Gone it was just gone and I wasn't sticking my hand in there for a duck no way
Ricky Spanish

Return to The Blind