Fall is in the air

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Fall is in the air

Postby don novicki » Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:53 am

Starting to cool down up here in NW Pa., although it never gets really hot like some places. We have had lots of rain in the past few weeks and it seems to come in buckets when it comes. Temps are starting to go down and over the next few weeks the highs are only going to be in the 70's with nights in the low 60's. I am sure this sounds appealing to some of you guys depending on where you live. Before you know it we will be into another season and I hope we do not have a constant SW wind like we had last year. Personally I like a nice stiff NW wind, which almost guarantees snow in heaps. I'm hoping to get out a lot this year and I hope you guys are too. Even now, I still get excited about the possibilities.....
don novicki

Re: Fall is in the air

Postby Rick » Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:57 am

August is on the way.
Rick

Postby Duck Engr » Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:12 am

I am certainly jealous Don. We’re forecast a week straight of 96-99 degrees for highs with lows in the mid 70s. Least favorite time of the year, by far.
Duck Engr
WFF Administrator

Postby don novicki » Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:39 pm

I like hot weather but 96-99 for a week is pretty rough.Hang in DE it will cool down some day.
don novicki

Postby Darren » Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:29 am

Record highs this week in S. La, pretty odd for sure.

That said, I dont dread August how some do in these parts, because we can, in fact, get the fizzling ends of some "fronts" during August. Arguably have had such conditions in the last week that had humidity tempered to "tolerable" instead of "horrendous". In the shade with a breeze yesterday morning out with the dog and kids, darn near felt like late Sept or into Oct. But the high's for the day are no joke and our A/C's are working harder than I recall in the past.

As far as Don's latitude in PA, I recall sitting by a Des Moines area buddy's backyard patio fireplace the third week of August 2022, so know full well what August can offer for those further north than us.
Darren

Postby Deltaman » Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:18 pm

Hoping to beat the heat, I put a bimini top on my boat, and even took a 20v Dewalt fan this past Saturday, crabbing and fishing. It was still so dang hot, I couldn't even wear glasses for the sweat going in my eyes. Fishing was slow, released a fat 28" Redfish, and other than that, trash fish, but the crabbing was pretty good. Using 4 old school handlines tied to the sides of the boat, and armed with chicken qtrs, we boxed 39 big male crabs in an hour and a half. Boiled and picked 3 lbs of meat, and almost a lb of claws to fry!
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby Duck Engr » Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:35 pm

Check this out Deltaman:

https://www.icybreeze.com/compare-versions/

If I wasn’t in an office for most of the summer I’d have one!
Duck Engr
WFF Administrator

Postby don novicki » Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:21 pm

Nice Deltaman. Sounds delicious. It was 54 when I woke up this morning. :thumbsup:
don novicki

Postby Darren » Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:56 am

Hints of fall indeed, Monday temp anomalies, good bit of the country lower than avg. It fizzles before making it down to many of us in deep south. Eric MAY get a taste of it Tuesday up in North La, looks like some cooler highs than prior days and those after.

Capture.JPG
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Darren

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:40 am

Definitely a little cooler weather heading our way. The highs are coming down into the 70's on some days, but the lows are staying in the 60's. Looks like a good run of nice weather for being outdoors. The only down side is the front ushering this in might hit us with a strong thunderstorms.
SpinnerMan

Postby Rick » Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:45 am

Yeppers, little northerly breeze and the high should be down to 98.
Rick

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:55 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If the long-range forecast is accurate and they never are, we've seen our last 90's for the year.
SpinnerMan

Postby Deltaman » Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:02 pm

Duck Engr wrote:Check this out Deltaman:

Neat concept Dave!!!!!!!
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby Deltaman » Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:04 pm

Deltaman wrote:
Duck Engr wrote:Check this out Deltaman:

Neat concept Dave!!!!!!!

Sorry, meant to type Duck Engr!!!!!!
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby Duck Engr » Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:41 pm

My first name is David (go by my middle), so you were covered!
Duck Engr
WFF Administrator

Return to The Blind