what ever happened to

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

what ever happened to

Postby don novicki » Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:12 pm

Olly ? He had over 15,000 posts and then just vanished into thin air. Anyone ever hear from him?
don novicki

Re: what ever happened to

Postby Deltaman » Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:24 pm

It's been a while Don, and I am surprised he hasn't made a surprise visit since handing over the reins to Duck Eng, who has done a great job running this site. He moved to a place with plenty of ducks, Oregon, and hasn't looked back. May he will surprise us in the future with a visit/report, he's a great guy!
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby Duck Engr » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:41 pm

As Deltaman alluded to, Olly is living on the west coast and has moved on to some other pursuits in life. He and I typically only talk occasionally when things go too sideways here for my limited expertise. I don’t know how much duck hunting he does anymore, but last time we caught up he had gotten into sailing and photography. Very adventurous guy and I enjoyed our time we hung out together when we both lived near Deltaman.
Duck Engr
WFF Administrator

Postby don novicki » Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:35 pm

Nice. Times and people change. Glad he is happy doing what he likes.
don novicki

Postby Olly » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:40 pm

don novicki wrote:Olly ? He had over 15,000 posts and then just vanished into thin air. Anyone ever hear from him?

Hey don, and everyone else!

I'm still alive but my life just generally drifted away from hunting after I started to get a few promotions at work and served overseas for a little and then on a few cutters. That coupled with finding new hobbies and interest hasn't left me with a lot of time to spend on the forums all these past years.

I still check in on the forum every once in a little while and make sure things under the "hood" are working. I just fixed email registration so Duck Engr won't have to manually approve people anymore :lol:

I hope everyone that still checks in on WFF is happy and well living your best lives!

-Olly
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Rick » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:41 am

Life is good, Olly, and even better for having heard you're doing well. Much thanks for keeping the site up, even after your attention's moved on.
Rick

Return to The Blind