ticked off

Anything related to home improvement, home repair, homesteading, farm and garden.

ticked off

Postby don novicki » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:26 am

So I come home last night and the screen door on the back of the house is almost ripped off the hinges. Both door closers are bent and falling off as well as the handle is off. I asked my wife about it and of course she knows nothing about it. This is the 5th screen door we have had in 20 years which IMO is one heck of a number of times to replace the thing. Now I guess I'm buying another door. Anyone recommend a brand? It seems like I have tried just about all of them. I'm ready to board the door up and vinyl side over the S.O.B.............. :evil:
don novicki

Re: ticked off

Postby aunt betty » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:27 am

No mention of the safety chain getting ripped loose from the door jam and destroying the jam.
Who has been installing these doors?
Maybe you better call Jim.
Bear proof it and install a camera while you're at it.
Is it possible the wife had a squabble with her other hunting buddy and locked him out?
Did you check under the bed and in the closet?
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Re: ticked off

Postby aunt betty » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:05 am

Have installed a lot of Larson doors. They seem to hold up ok here in the midwest. Use really long screws to attach the chain holder to the jam. Long enough where you hit the 2 x 4 frame. It's something I do extra after seeing a couple jams destroyed.
Couldn't resist making light of the situation.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Return to Home Improvement and Farm & Garden