Miter saw

Anything related to home improvement, home repair, homesteading, farm and garden.

Re: Miter saw

Postby jehler » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:55 pm

Seriously, grizzly is low end, if you want a cabinet saw look at a powermatic. They are reasonable price and a great value
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby jehler » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:55 pm

We don't have one, don't have shop space anymore
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Eric Haynes » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:07 pm

jehler wrote:Seriously, grizzly is low end, if you want a cabinet saw look at a powermatic. They are reasonable price and a great value

I know some insanely good cabinet makers and they all own Grizzly and have never recommended anything else. I know there are higher end tools, but neither you nor me....or anyone I know, is in the position to need them.

Sent from my H866C using Tapatalk 2
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby jehler » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:19 pm

Honestly man, I would take my rigid over any grizzly made in Taiwan pos. cabinet guys should be using Laguna's or something big
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Eric Haynes » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:37 pm

jehler wrote:Honestly man, I would take my rigid over any grizzly made in Taiwan pos. cabinet guys should be using Laguna's or something big

Do you really think where something is made, is completely relevant of the quality? Powermatic is also made in China/Taiwan, as is Rigid. Neither of them are bad. I am starting to wonder if I even own a tool made in the US, besides my POS Estwing :lol: :lol: :lol:
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby assateague » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:33 pm

Porter Cable. At least up until a while ago.
assateague

Postby Eric Haynes » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:58 pm

assateague wrote:Porter Cable. At least up until a while ago.

I have a Porter Cable Brad nailer. It's my favorite one, but I was unaware of it's origin :lol:
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby huntntech » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:42 pm

This will make Jehler cringe. Actually most of you guys probably will, but I picked it up for $175. Couldn't pass it up when you compare to the Dewalt or others at $600. Like I said before, I'm far from a contractor, and will not being using it a lot so it should hold up fine for me....hopefully.
12" sliding, single bevel.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365993655.770275.jpg

I will be picking up a stand for it as well.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
huntntech

Postby assateague » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:15 pm

Truthfully, for using occasionally around the house, it'd be stupid to spend money on a high dollar saw. 90% of the saw is the blade, anyway.
assateague

Postby BrewGUN » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:14 am

The old man has that saw, for general use it works great. Would it stand up to 365 contractor use, prob not, but for projects it works fine. It cuts the wood, what else do you need, beats using a handsaw!
BrewGUN

Postby jehler » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:01 am

huntntech wrote:This will make Jehler cringe. Actually most of you guys probably will, but I picked it up for $175. Couldn't pass it up when you compare to the Dewalt or others at $600. Like I said before, I'm far from a contractor, and will not being using it a lot so it should hold up fine for me....hopefully.
12" sliding, single bevel.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365993655.770275.jpg

I will be picking up a stand for it as well.
id take that over a 12" dewalt any day of the week!
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby huntntech » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:16 am

I used it for most of the day yesterday, and it seemed to work great. I am happy with it.
huntntech

Previous

Return to Home Improvement and Farm & Garden