Tripod question:

Anything related to home improvement, home repair, homesteading, farm and garden.

Tripod question:

Postby Bootlipkiller » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:13 pm

My wife wants to know if the nest thermostat is worth the money?
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Re: Tripod question:

Postby assateague » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:20 pm

Get that one that lies to women. That's the one I want, but I'm cheap.
assateague

Postby Bootlipkiller » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:26 pm

assateague wrote:Get that one that lies to women. That's the one I want, but I'm cheap.

I'm thinking the last thing I need is her being able to control the thermostat from her phone.
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Postby Redbeard » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:27 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:My wife wants to know if the nest thermostat is worth the money?
just give TP your address and work schedule. He'll swing by and discuss it with momma directly. No need for you to play middle man
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Bootlipkiller » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:30 pm

Redbeard wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:My wife wants to know if the nest thermostat is worth the money?
just give TP your address and work schedule. He'll swing by and discuss it with momma directly. No need for you to play middle man

True :lol:
Bootlipkiller

Postby 3legged_lab » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:24 pm

Redbeard wrote:

Laffing out loud right now!
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby 3legged_lab » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:33 pm

I honestly had never heard of the Nest til john mentioned it. I checked out their website and they sound good, but I couldn't find a price so I couldn't say if they are worth it.
We always go with Honeywell because its a well known name and the 5 year warranty is comforting to people. What exactly is she wanting the thermostat to be able to do? The one I have installed at the shop can be controlled by Wi-Fi, has a sensor to display the ouside temp, can offset the display temp (your wife will think the heat is set to 72 but its actually say 69), filter change reminder, and "learns" how long it takes to heat or cool to target temp so that it only starts as early as it needs to.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Bootlipkiller » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:55 pm

3legged_lab wrote:I honestly had never heard of the Nest til john mentioned it. I checked out their website and they sound good, but I couldn't find a price so I couldn't say if they are worth it.
We always go with Honeywell because its a well known name and the 5 year warranty is comforting to people. What exactly is she wanting the thermostat to be able to do? The one I have installed at the shop can be controlled by Wi-Fi, has a sensor to display the ouside temp, can offset the display temp (your wife will think the heat is set to 72 but its actually say 69), filter change reminder, and "learns" how long it takes to heat or cool to target temp so that it only starts as early as it needs to.

That sounds bitchen. She likes the wi-Fi feature. I suspect so when I crank the AC when she's at work she can ruin my life and turn it down. She said its around $230.00.
Bootlipkiller

Postby 3legged_lab » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:43 am

Tell her there is another one on the market that has a color touch screen that will take an sd card, you can set the screen to display your family pictures off of the card. Like one of those digital picture frames.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Bootlipkiller » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:53 am

3legged_lab wrote:Tell her there is another one on the market that has a color touch screen that will take an sd card, you can set the screen to display your family pictures off of the card. Like one of those digital picture frames.

Christ! That's the last thing she needs.
Bootlipkiller

Postby jehler » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:19 am

3legged_lab wrote:I honestly had never heard of the Nest til john mentioned it. I checked out their website and they sound good, but I couldn't find a price so I couldn't say if they are worth it.
bayweb is the one we use, I don't know what a nest is
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby assateague » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:57 am

"non-emitting standard thermostat". It's an industry term, not a brand.
assateague

Postby 3legged_lab » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:15 am

jehler wrote:
bayweb is the one we use, I don't know what a nest is

Maybe it was jgun then. Somebody pointed it out one day
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Bootlipkiller » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:24 pm

assateague wrote:"non-emitting standard thermostat". It's an industry term, not a brand.

You just made that up didn't you?:)
Bootlipkiller

Postby assateague » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:14 pm

Yep.
assateague

Postby 3legged_lab » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:18 pm

Natural Energy Saving Thermostat

Every body knows that.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby assateague » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:19 pm

New England Strap-on Thunderdick?
assateague

Postby 3legged_lab » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:40 pm

assateague wrote:New England Strap-on Thunderdick?

Those only come in a "small"?
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby 3legged_lab » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:43 pm

Nail Every Slut Twice
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby jehler » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:02 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:
assateague wrote:"non-emitting standard thermostat". It's an industry term, not a brand.

You just made that up didn't you?:)
he had me for about 35 seconds, non emmiting, what the hell does a thermostat emit....
Asshole
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby rebelp74 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:03 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby aunt betty » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:52 am

Two hundred and thirty dollars to make it so someone can hack your hvac and roast you.
Brilliant!
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby Bootlipkiller » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:49 am

aunt betty wrote:Two hundred and thirty dollars to make it so someone can hack your hvac and roast you.
Brilliant!

Your to paranoid. I wish I thought I was important enough to be that worried.
Bootlipkiller

Postby 3legged_lab » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:29 am

Bootlipkiller wrote:
aunt betty wrote:Two hundred and thirty dollars to make it so someone can hack your hvac and roast you.
Brilliant!

Your to paranoid. I wish I thought I was important enough to be that worried.

But you can be, in your own head, if you choose to.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Return to Home Improvement and Farm & Garden