Roma tomato yields per plant

Anything related to home improvement, home repair, homesteading, farm and garden.

Roma tomato yields per plant

Postby aunt betty » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:54 am

Am estimating by the time am done I got approximately 4-5 pounds per plant.
Have been weighing as I go. The old rule of thumb, a pint is a pound...is pretty much spot on when it comes to canning maters.
From 19 plants I have already gotten 80 pounds. Still lots left. Should get 20 more easily. Tomatoes ripening all over da place.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Re: Roma tomato yields per plant

Postby assateague » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:51 am

Potato beetles have killed my plants, and have started eating the green ones. I'm afraid that what I have on the table waiting to ripen will be the last.
assateague

Re: Roma tomato yields per plant

Postby aunt betty » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:25 am

assateague wrote:Potato beetles have killed my plants, and have started eating the green ones. I'm afraid that what I have on the table waiting to ripen will be the last.

I been picking em green. They dont seem to be growing anymore. It was so wet and cool. Still is.
Been a very mild n wet summer so far. I got more tomatoes from less plants oast year. It was sunny and hot last year. If I hadnt watered so much it would have sucked. My pumpkin plants are dying too. Its pretty much over. Will plant fall spinach etc. Soon. Sposeto wait til September but it acts like it already. Cool and dry now.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Return to Home Improvement and Farm & Garden