Remodeling my Lawn

Anything related to home improvement, home repair, homesteading, farm and garden.

Re: Remodeling my Lawn

Postby Tiler_J » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:32 pm

This might be my new favorite forum!!
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby Redbeard » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:46 pm

Mowed my lawn today...like a fucking terminator
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405046784.068698.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby AKPirate » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:16 pm

I pissed on the weeds, trees, and moss off my deck like a boss
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby Eric Haynes » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:17 pm

RonE wrote:First of all, you ain't secure enough in your manhood to hunt with a shotgun dipped in Muddy Girl camo.

Second, the only reason you didn't go to the agricultural extension agent was because you fear that someone around where you live will know how stupid you are when it comes to growing grass.

Third, you ask Flint who makes his living tending and caring for grass and then kiss his advice off because you have more faith in someone that used to work at Lowes.

I sincerely hope that your lawn turns out better than TK's boat blind.

Please post pictures in October, November, December and April of you lawn in all it's shit brown glory. In those same time periods, my shotgun will still look pink and you will get tired of seeing pictures of the awesome shotgun and the ducks killed with it. I'll even take some in the front and back yard so that you can see what a proper lawn looks like during the winter.

My lawn is under snow 6 months out of the year. I don't give a shit what color it is.

Enjoy killing your 2 redheads per day and I will continue to fill a limit of shit brown birds every day just for you Ronnie.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby AKPirate » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:33 pm

:lol:
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby assateague » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:07 pm

Hank Hill would be proud.
assateague

Postby RonE » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:40 am

Eric Haynes wrote:
RonE wrote:First of all, you ain't secure enough in your manhood to hunt with a shotgun dipped in Muddy Girl camo.

Second, the only reason you didn't go to the agricultural extension agent was because you fear that someone around where you live will know how stupid you are when it comes to growing grass.

Third, you ask Flint who makes his living tending and caring for grass and then kiss his advice off because you have more faith in someone that used to work at Lowes.

Please post pictures in October, November, December and April of you lawn in all it's shit brown glory. In those same time periods, my shotgun will still look pink and you will get tired of seeing pictures of the awesome shotgun and the ducks killed with it. I'll even take some in the front and back yard so that you can see what a proper lawn looks like during the winter.

My lawn is under snow 6 months out of the year. I don't give a shit what color it is.

Enjoy killing your 2 redheads per day and I will continue to fill a limit of shit brown birds every day just for you Ronnie.

I enjoy killing red heads as much as killing any other duck and I might just kill more red heads than you kill all ducks combined. I really don't mind stopping shooting red heads after I've killed two drakes and I don't mind stopping shooting pintails after I killed two drakes.

As for your lawn being under snow for six months, I don't think that is the case, perhaps two months, maybe three in the shady areas but certainly not six. Try not to get your ass too high in the air because someone gives you some sound advice. Flint has forgotten more about lawn growth, care and maintenance than any 10 guys that used to pick up shopping carts from the Lowes parking lot. I wouldn't recommend Flint as someone that knows how to drive on a highway or freeway but when it comes to lawn care and turf grass in general if you can show me someone that knows more than him, I will kiss your ass at high noon in Macy's window and give you two weeks to gather up both your friends as witnesses.

I just don't understand why some crybabies beg for advice and then ignore it. Your best bet is to eat the money you spent on stupid seed and see if you can apologize to Flint and then beg him to help you. I don't know a lot about lawns other than how to mow and trim them but my lawns look great, they don't have lumps or bumps and when you walk on them it is like stepping on a cloud. Too bad you have a shitty lawn. I tried to lead you in the right direction because it seems you can't think for yourself and you seem to be unable to utilize the free resources available to you.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby AKPirate » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:47 am

GOD-SO-MUCH-WIN.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby Redbeard » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:49 am

Burn Eric
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby BrewGUN » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:56 am

RonE wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

I enjoy killing red heads as much as killing any other duck and I might just kill more red heads than you kill all ducks combined. I really don't mind stopping shooting red heads after I've killed two drakes and I don't mind stopping shooting pintails after I killed two drakes.

As for your lawn being under snow for six months, I don't think that is the case, perhaps two months, maybe three in the shady areas but certainly not six. Try not to get your ass too high in the air because someone gives you some sound advice. Flint has forgotten more about lawn growth, care and maintenance than any 10 guys that used to pick up shopping carts from the Lowes parking lot. I wouldn't recommend Flint as someone that knows how to drive on a highway or freeway but when it comes to lawn care and turf grass in general if you can show me someone that knows more than him, I will kiss your ass at high noon in Macy's window and give you two weeks to gather up both your friends as witnesses.

I just don't understand why some crybabies beg for advice and then ignore it. Your best bet is to eat the money you spent on stupid seed and see if you can apologize to Flint and then beg him to help you. I don't know a lot about lawns other than how to mow and trim them but my lawns look great, they don't have lumps or bumps and when you walk on them it is like stepping on a cloud. Too bad you have a shitty lawn. I tried to lead you in the right direction because it seems you can't think for yourself and you seem to be unable to utilize the free resources available to you.

just an fyi, here in northern MI, we had snow from November to May this year, my counting aint not no so good, but thats at least 6 months ;)
BrewGUN

Postby BrewGUN » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:01 am

back on topic, my giant ditch is now all filled in, and rototilled it last night. Just gotta finish up a little with the little tiller and fertilize, rake it flat, and add of water. Grass will be probably be planted next week and watered like never before.
BrewGUN

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:45 am

BrewGUN wrote:back on topic, my giant ditch is now all filled in, and rototilled it last night. Just gotta finish up a little with the little tiller and fertilize, rake it flat, and add of water. Grass will be probably be planted next week and watered like never before.

Planting zoysia?
FlintRiverFowler

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:47 am

RonE wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

He'll I don't care if he listens to me or not. I was just tryin to help a nigga out. I still feel like he might be trolling me though.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:56 am

RonE wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

I've seen your pictures and heard your stories. Most of them go along the lines of "we got our redhead limit and couldn't get anything else because I'm a shitty fucking guide"

As for lawn care advice, I was certainly not about to listen to someone from Texas on how to take care of a lawn. I've lived in Texas and can assure you that my current lawn is already better than that disaster you call your yard. Instead of worrying about me you might want to think about getting everything in line for when dementia starts kicking in and the more frequent changing of your diapers. It is right down the road after all.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby BrewGUN » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:38 am

FlintRiverFowler wrote:
BrewGUN wrote:back on topic, my giant ditch is now all filled in, and rototilled it last night. Just gotta finish up a little with the little tiller and fertilize, rake it flat, and add of water. Grass will be probably be planted next week and watered like never before.

Planting zoysia?

Prob gonna go with a blend, but most likely not zoysia. I know it's not the best time, but I'll reseed again again anyways.
BrewGUN

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:36 am

BrewGUN wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:

Planting zoysia?

Prob gonna go with a blend, but most likely not zoysia. I know it's not the best time, but I'll reseed again again anyways.

If I was up north I would have a bluegrass or fescue lawn. I wish it was easier to grow those grasses down here.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby BrewGUN » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:41 am

FlintRiverFowler wrote:
BrewGUN wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:

Planting zoysia?

If I was up north I would have a bluegrass or fescue lawn. I wish it was easier to grow those grasses down here.

The blend I was looking at wS bluegrass, fescue and I believe rye, then also some faster starting seed also. Considering it was 50 % grass vs weeds before, anything is an improvement.
BrewGUN

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:50 am

Eric Haynes wrote:
RonE wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

I've seen your pictures and heard your stories. Most of them go along the lines of "we got our redhead limit and couldn't get anything else because I'm a shitty fucking guide"

As for lawn care advice, I was certainly not about to listen to someone from Texas on how to take care of a lawn. I've lived in Texas and can assure you that my current lawn is already better than that disaster you call your yard. Instead of worrying about me you might want to think about getting everything in line for when dementia starts kicking in and the more frequent changing of your diapers. It is right down the road after all.

Hank Hill's lawn is beautiful.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Goldfish » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:02 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:
RonE wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

You do realize that's a cartoon, right?
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:15 pm

Goldfish wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:
RonE wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:[quote="RonE"]First of all, you ain't secure enough in your manhood to hunt with a shotgun dipped in Muddy Girl camo.

You do realize that's a cartoon, right?[/quote]

Oh, so now goldfish is a lawn expert too. Guess I'm just a fucking idiot when it comes to this.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby AKPirate » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:26 pm

I still chuckle when Ron says you haven't used any free resources to see what is best in your area.
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby Bootlipkiller » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:26 pm

I think he's a cartoon expert
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby AKPirate » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:29 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:I think he's a cartoon expert

along with foreign policy and skinny jeans
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby RonE » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:01 pm

Eric wrote: "Oh, so now goldfish is a lawn expert too. Guess I'm just a fucking idiot when it comes to this."

Finally, you've hit the nail on the head!
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:25 pm

RonE wrote:Eric wrote: "Oh, so now goldfish is a lawn expert too. Guess I'm just a fucking idiot when it comes to this."

And to think if I was from Texas I could have caught on next year
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:28 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
RonE wrote:Eric wrote: "Oh, so now goldfish is a lawn expert too. Guess I'm just a fucking idiot when it comes to this."

And to think if I was from Texas I could have caught on next year

You should take a page out of brewguns book.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby 3legged_lab » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:59 pm

You guys are way over thinking this, its grass.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:04 pm

3legged_lab wrote:You guys are way over thinking this, its grass.

You don't know anything.
Nothing.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Tiler_J » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:08 pm

If its green and you mow it- grass. Done.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby 3legged_lab » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:59 pm

FlintRiverFowler wrote:

You don't know anything.
Nothing.

I know its just grass.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Home Improvement and Farm & Garden