Remodeling my Lawn

Anything related to home improvement, home repair, homesteading, farm and garden.

Re: Remodeling my Lawn

Postby BrewGUN » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:40 am

This thread...
BrewGUN

Postby Eric Haynes » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:59 am

BrewGUN wrote:This thread...

No kidding Brew. This isn't posted in the blind. Stay on topic or get the fuck out.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby assateague » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:43 am

I will say that putting fertilizer stakes in a lawn is one of the dumbest fucking things I've ever heard :lol: But seriously, if you haven't planted the zoysia yet, don't. You won't be happy with it. Seriously.
assateague

Postby Eric Haynes » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:26 am

assateague wrote:I will say that putting fertilizer stakes in a lawn is one of the dumbest fucking things I've ever heard :lol: But seriously, if you haven't planted the zoysia yet, don't. You won't be happy with it. Seriously.

Curt from my AG store is assuring me that it is the best option for my area. What's funny is that I told him I knew a golf course manager that told me it was no good and he told me, I shit you not "grass is grass.". I laughed my ass off.

Lawn work is so simple yet I am getting stuck selecting seed. The guy who tilled it for me also does golf courses and wants to do bent grass. Probably too much upkeep for me though.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:32 am

Eric Haynes wrote:
assateague wrote:I will say that putting fertilizer stakes in a lawn is one of the dumbest fucking things I've ever heard :lol: But seriously, if you haven't planted the zoysia yet, don't. You won't be happy with it. Seriously.

Curt from my AG store is assuring me that it is the best option for my area. What's funny is that I told him I knew a golf course manager that told me it was no good and he told me, I shit you not "grass is grass.". I laughed my ass off.

Lawn work is so simple yet I am getting stuck selecting seed. The guy who tilled it for me also does golf courses and wants to do bent grass. Probably too much upkeep for me though.

When Curt at the ag store told you to put plant food stakes in the ground.
I laughed my ass off.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:39 am

Ammonium Sulfate. Do it.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Eric Haynes » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:36 am

FlintRiverFowler wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

I laughed my ass off.

I may just scatter them all over once the grass starts growing and mulch them up with the lawn mower
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:54 am

Eric Haynes wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

I laughed my ass off.

I may just scatter them all over once the grass starts growing and mulch them up with the lawn mower

Oh For fucks sake.
I'll be waiting for the "curt from ace hardware totally fucked me" thread.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:54 am

You're trolling right Eric?
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Eric Haynes » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:16 am

FlintRiverFowler wrote:You're trolling right Eric?

I'll admit the mulcher post was, I'm not staking my yard but I did buy the liquifeed for my house. It is 10-10-10 like you recommended.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Eric Haynes » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:16 am

For my hose*
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:42 am

Eric Haynes wrote:For my hose*

Take care of that hose... You're gonna have to keep zoysia seed really wet to get it to germinate.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Eric Haynes » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:39 am

FlintRiverFowler wrote:

Take care of that hose... You're gonna have to keep zoysia seed really wet to get it to germinate.

I have unlimited water. Last year my sprinkler ran 24/7 for about 3 months.

Another question. I was thinking about getting the black hose with the holes in it and burying it 4" under for irrigation. Yay or nay?
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:59 am

Eric Haynes wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:

Another question. I was thinking about getting the black hose with the holes in it and burying it 4" under for irrigation. Yay or nay?

If you're gonna trench and bury water line you're better off putting sprinklers in.
A water line like that will only water where it's at so you'd have a cool zigzag pattern of lush grass on your lawn. Everything for turf grass is better when applications are uniform.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:00 pm

Are you fucking with me?
FlintRiverFowler

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:41 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:

Sounds like a good plan but put it out where it says Eric's Lawn.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Redbeard » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:48 pm

Eric you are by far the worst lawnmower man ever
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Eric Haynes » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:02 pm

FlintRiverFowler wrote:Are you fucking with me?

Holy fuck I won't ask for help ever again.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Redbeard » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:05 pm

No idea why you came here in the first place when ya got Curt's vast knowledge and public speaking skills to draw from
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:33 pm

Yeah, drip tape in a lawn is a bad idea.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:41 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:

Wtf
FlintRiverFowler

Postby RonE » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:09 pm

FlintRiverFowler wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

I laughed my ass off.

Oh For fucks sake.
I'll be waiting for the "curt from ace hardware totally fucked me" thread.

AMEN
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby RonE » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:12 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:

Really? Thanks!
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby Eric Haynes » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:17 pm

RonE wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

Really? Thanks!

If I ever need guidance painting my shotgun to look more like a vagina, I will be sure to hit you up. This thread was aimed at the grass experts, so pipe the fuck down you old bitch.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby AKPirate » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:21 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:42 pm

AKPirate wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

X2
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:47 pm

Har Har har
FlintRiverFowler

Postby RonE » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:22 pm

First of all, you ain't secure enough in your manhood to hunt with a shotgun dipped in Muddy Girl camo.

Second, the only reason you didn't go to the agricultural extension agent was because you fear that someone around where you live will know how stupid you are when it comes to growing grass.

Third, you ask Flint who makes his living tending and caring for grass and then kiss his advice off because you have more faith in someone that used to work at Lowes.

I sincerely hope that your lawn turns out better than TK's boat blind.

Please post pictures in October, November, December and April of you lawn in all it's shit brown glory. In those same time periods, my shotgun will still look pink and you will get tired of seeing pictures of the awesome shotgun and the ducks killed with it. I'll even take some in the front and back yard so that you can see what a proper lawn looks like during the winter.
Last edited by RonE on Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RonE

Postby AKPirate » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:25 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Just keeps getting better
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby Redbeard » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:30 pm

I love a good lawn care thread
Redbeard

PreviousNext

Return to Home Improvement and Farm & Garden