Battery vs gas powered equipment performance

Anything related to home improvement, home repair, homesteading, farm and garden.

Battery vs gas powered equipment performance

Postby Syamakia » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:27 am

I'm in the market for some lawn equipment - string trimmer, edger, and leaf blower. I'm looking at either Echo's PAS line or EGO's battery-powered stuff. The significantly lower maintenance of the battery-powered equipment appeals to me.

Aside from mowers (which aren't yet competitive cut- and power-wise with gas), how do battery-powered tools compare to gas in terms of performance? I'm looking to hear from people who have used both. The reviews across the internet on battery-powered equipment are stellar, but it seems many of them are from people who are buying their first set of equipment and don't have much to compare it to.

I'm also wondering about long term use. Gas engines are tried and true - it's generally known how long they last, what to expect from them, and how to maintain them. But what about batteries? How often am I going to replace them? Sure they're easier to maintain day to day (in that there is none), but what will these tools look like in 10 years?
Syamakia

Return to Home Improvement and Farm & Garden