Good Goose recipe

Post up all your game recipes!

Good Goose recipe

Postby huntfishnv » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:43 pm

I have a few goose breasts that have been sitting in my freezer for a weeks now, do any of you guys have a decent recipe that you're willing to share?
huntfishnv

Re: Good Goose recipe

Postby J.e.hagen » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:19 pm

Get your grill warmed up, put the breast on foil cover with butter, onions, bell pepper, jalapeño, wrap it with the foil and let it cook SLOW and LOW for a good 45 minutes and I put that over rice or what ever you want.
J.e.hagen

Postby Olly » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:32 pm

I like to make jerky out of most of my goose but when I don't I like to grill them and stuff the inside with different things.

Marinade in Italian dressing. I like to vac pack mine it really helps marinade it and leave in the fridge over night.
Grill on a medium heat until the inside is a little pink in the center and continue to brush on dressing so it doesn't dry out.
Slice open and stuff with cream cheese and bacon chunks.

Eat.

I've even stuffed it with cheesy mashed potatoes and bacon chucks and substituted a BBQ marinade.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby jarbo03 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:02 am

I normally grill, sometimes wrapped in bacon, take off grill when 140-145°. I also like to slice thin, saute with seasoning of choice, put on good bread of choice( i use kaiser or rye), good cheese of choice(i like muenster, gouda and swiss also), add some kraut and a dash of horseradish. Enjoy!

Sent from an undisclosed location.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby huntfishnv » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:36 pm

Thanks guys I'm going to try one of these this week, I'll let you know how it turns out. :thumbsup:
huntfishnv

Postby J.e.hagen » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:41 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357774858.801871.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
J.e.hagen

Postby BrewGUN » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:32 pm

as per requested in another thread, goose chorizo. *Disclaimer-I think my original recipe got destroyed by the dog, but i found the recipe i based is off of so I should be able to get it close.

-6 lb. goose breast
-2 lb. fatty bacon(I would up this to 4 lbs if not 5lbs for juicier sausage)
-4 guajillo pepper* or ancho chiles(any smoky pepper will do)
-1/2 medium onion, diced
-6 cloves garlic, minced
-1 tsp. cinnamon
-2 tsp. chili powder
-3 tsp. cumin
-8 tsp. paprika
-4 tsp. dried oregano
-2 tsp. cayenne(I would up this for spicier, but this way it was edible by most)
-4 tsp. salt
-3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
-1/4 cup favorite beer(i used a dark porter)

I cubed up the goose, and rough chopped the onion and peppers, mix in all the other ingredients.
Put goose, bacon, and others into grinder hopper and grind with medium plate. Chill for a few hours, then stuff into casings. The sausage is very crumbly, i use the casing more as a delivery device. When i want to use it, i just take the casing off and brown like ground beef. As stated in recipe, i would up the bacon for a little more juiciness.
BrewGUN

Return to Kitchen & Game Recipes Forum