Mud Bugs

Post up all your game recipes!

Re: Mud Bugs

Postby Flightstopper » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:45 am

rebelp74 wrote:
jehler wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:Old bay sucks.
blasphemy
I'm from La, we don't eat that bland shit.

What do you use to get those mud bugs up to a perfect 10?
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby assateague » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:50 am

Chopsticks.
assateague

Postby rebelp74 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:30 pm

Flightstopper wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:
jehler wrote:
blasphemy

I use zatarans boil(liquid and powder), a couple garlic heads cut in half, a few onions, a head of celery, a few bay leaves, a big jar of jalepenos, mushrooms, tators, corn, sausage, other stuff.
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby aunt betty » Mon May 06, 2013 7:03 pm

rebelp74 wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:
jehler wrote:
blasphemy
I'm from La, we don't eat that bland ****.

I use zatarans boil(liquid and powder), a couple garlic heads cut in half, a few onions, a head of celery, a few bay leaves, a big jar of jalepenos, mushrooms, tators, corn, sausage, other stuff.
THAT is what I expected to hear. You don't just cook the crawdads alone, but a bunch of other stuff with 'em. Reb, can you get crawdads in November?
I know a guy from Mississipi that brought a bunch of shrimp one year but forgot the crawdads.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby rebelp74 » Mon May 06, 2013 8:52 pm

No crawdads in November, what little you find tend to be small. The best time is Jan-end of May, can get them pretty good until Sept. but size runs small.
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby aunt betty » Tue May 07, 2013 8:46 am

rebelp74 wrote:No crawdads in November, what little you find tend to be small. The best time is Jan-end of May, can get them pretty good until Sept. but size runs small.
My parents have a farm south of Effingham, Illinois. There are tons of crawdads there but...they all burrow way down underground. Never see em in the water? We have a man-made pond there that should have them but don't. The yard is FULL of crawdad mounds. They burrow down in the dirt til they find water. Very weird.
I'm betting there is a lot less now. My parents well was the only one in the township that didn't go dry last summer. Many, many people were hauling water from that well. I think theirs stayed going because of the pond they built and the creek runs right through their farm. GREAT deer hunting but I let my dad do his thing. I go hunt ducks and we trade ducks for deer.
He's gettin pretty old (and crippled) so the deer thing will be mine soon.
He manages to kill deer with a crossbow out of a ground-blind. The biggest problem he has is trespassers chasing the deer off his ground onto theirs.
aunt betty

Postby flight control » Wed May 08, 2013 7:10 am

aunt betty wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:No crawdads in November, what little you find tend to be small. The best time is Jan-end of May, can get them pretty good until Sept. but size runs small.
My parents have a farm south of Effingham, Illinois. There are tons of crawdads there but...they all burrow way down underground. Never see em in the water? We have a man-made pond there that should have them but don't. The yard is FULL of crawdad mounds. They burrow down in the dirt til they find water. Very weird.
I'm betting there is a lot less now. My parents well was the only one in the township that didn't go dry last summer. Many, many people were hauling water from that well. I think theirs stayed going because of the pond they built and the creek runs right through their farm. GREAT deer hunting but I let my dad do his thing. I go hunt ducks and we trade ducks for deer.
He's gettin pretty old (and crippled) so the deer thing will be mine soon.
He manages to kill deer with a crossbow out of a ground-blind. The biggest problem he has is trespassers chasing the deer off his ground onto theirs.

I've heard you can fish them out by lowering a bait on a string into the burrow and pulling them out. Might take you a while to get enough for a feed though :duck:
Tell your mom I said hi.
flight control

Postby aunt betty » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:07 pm

Damnit fuck.
Got all wrapped up in boat title drama and missed the frog opener.
God damnit jim.
aunt betty

Postby hudson » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:12 pm

rebelp74 wrote:
jehler wrote:
blasphemy
lmao
hudson

Postby aunt betty » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:36 pm

AM I correct in assuming a battle tween Hudson and Rebelp would be touted as coonass vs. cajun?
aunt betty

Postby Eric Haynes » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:00 pm

aunt betty wrote:AM I correct in assuming a battle tween Hudson and Rebelp would be touted as coonass vs. cajun?

This thread supports my opinion that Cajun food is just shitty food with so many spices on it that it tastes only like the spices.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:05 pm

aunt betty wrote:AM I correct in assuming a battle tween Hudson and Rebelp would be touted as coonass vs. cajun?

I know that most Chinese buffet restaurants have crawfish, but I'm not sure about Japanese...
FlintRiverFowler

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:08 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:

This thread supports my opinion that Cajun food is just shitty food with so many spices on it that it tastes only like the spices.

Pretty much. There's a place here that supposed to be Cajun. It's called the French market, and it's "upscale". And it really has a great atmosphere and good booze but the food... Christ on a cracker you can't eat half the shit for the spiciness, and if you do get it swallowed you better get you some come on ice cream to go behind it.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby aunt betty » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:20 pm

FlintRiverFowler wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

Pretty much. There's a place here that supposed to be Cajun. It's called the French market, and it's "upscale". And it really has a great atmosphere and good booze but the food... Christ on a cracker you can't eat half the shit for the spiciness, and if you do get it swallowed you better get you some come on ice cream to go behind it.

Was reading reviews of Jonesboro, Arkansas restaurants and learned that their cracker barrel is run by some people who put "slap yo mama" in everything on the menu. Nobody likes it and it got very poor reviews. Must be a cajun thing. (in Arkansas?)
aunt betty

Previous

Return to Kitchen & Game Recipes Forum