Cheese

Post up all your game recipes!

Re: Cheese

Postby Eric Haynes » Tue May 27, 2014 2:05 pm

aunt betty wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:Is mozzerella supposed to be the easiest to make? Or is it just the kind you wanted for pizza?
Easiest to make and I wanted to make it too.

A couple years ago I watched a show about a guy who brought a pizza oven over from Italy and designed his whole restaurant around that oven. Watching that show inspired me to grow my own tomatoes and make authentic artisian pizzas with ingredients I make myself as much as possible. Have pretty well got the sauce down and the dough too.

This particular video made me want to do it even more badly...
He makes it look fun and easy but don't tell you shit about how to make the cheese. Never says the word rennet or citric acid...

Do you can your sauce complete or do you make it from canned tomatoes each time?
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby aunt betty » Tue May 27, 2014 3:00 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
aunt betty wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:Is mozzerella supposed to be the easiest to make? Or is it just the kind you wanted for pizza?
Easiest to make and I wanted to make it too.

A couple years ago I watched a show about a guy who brought a pizza oven over from Italy and designed his whole restaurant around that oven. Watching that show inspired me to grow my own tomatoes and make authentic artisian pizzas with ingredients I make myself as much as possible. Have pretty well got the sauce down and the dough too.

This particular video made me want to do it even more badly...
He makes it look fun and easy but don't tell you shit about how to make the cheese. Never says the word rennet or citric acid...

Do you can your sauce complete or do you make it from canned tomatoes each time?

I make sauce in the summer but my recipe is a bit thin so when I pull out a quart I add a large can of tomato paste. (cheating)
It makes the sauce end up like store bought but you can tell its better. No corn syrup or sweeteners yet its sweet and good.
WHY cant prego do that?
I add a can of mushrooms and some basil.

Weŕe empty nesters so a quart of sauce goes for 4 or maybe 5 meals. Takes about a halfpint for a pizza.
We use the same sauce in lasagna, spaghetti, and pizza. AT makes sauce too and I suspect we do it very similarly. Him and I are on the same wavelength. (poor guy)
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby aunt betty » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:00 pm

Cheese was kind of a failure due to not being able to buy raw milk.
The goat people near here won't get off any raw milk either.
Gave up on making cheese.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Previous

Return to Kitchen & Game Recipes Forum