Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Re: Cheese

Postby Redbeard » Mon May 26, 2014 8:45 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:
assateague wrote:Did you use vegetable or animal rennet? I've heard that getting the curds to set with vegetable rennet is a lot more unreliable than animal.

For the record: if you get a fetal pig, remove the stomach and salt it heavily to preserve it. Then cut a quarter-sized piece for each gallon and a half of milk, and it'll separate. The enzymes are only present in a fetal pig stomach, not once it's been born.

How somebody discovered this is how you get rennet, I have no idea, but I have it on good authority that this works.

Or you could just get it from the store :lol:
dead
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby 3legged_lab » Mon May 26, 2014 8:55 pm

Redbeard wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:
assateague wrote:Did you use vegetable or animal rennet? I've heard that getting the curds to set with vegetable rennet is a lot more unreliable than animal.

For the record: if you get a fetal pig, remove the stomach and salt it heavily to preserve it. Then cut a quarter-sized piece for each gallon and a half of milk, and it'll separate. The enzymes are only present in a fetal pig stomach, not once it's been born.

How somebody discovered this is how you get rennet, I have no idea, but I have it on good authority that this works.

dead

Wouldn't want to live in a world without cheese anyways.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Bootlipkiller » Mon May 26, 2014 8:56 pm

3legged_lab wrote:
Redbeard wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:

dead

Wouldn't want to live in a world without cheese anyways.

X2
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby AKPirate » Mon May 26, 2014 9:22 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: store, store, store :lol:
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby Bootlipkiller » Mon May 26, 2014 9:32 pm

:lol:
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Postby Bootlipkiller » Tue May 27, 2014 2:34 am

AKPirate wrote:

Missed this earlier :lol:
Bootlipkiller

Postby aunt betty » Tue May 27, 2014 6:21 am

I'm glad you brought that up...how did someone invent cheese? I don't know but I have a theory.

Goats... for centuries man used goat stomachs and bladders to store liquids like water. Somebody must have had the bright idea of storing milk in a goat stomach. The rennet in the goat stomach turned the milk into curds and the rest is history.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby aunt betty » Tue May 27, 2014 6:25 am

When you drink milk the same stuff is in your belly and makes curds inside you. (I think)
aunt betty

Postby aunt betty » Tue May 27, 2014 7:54 am

Some of y'all may have noticed that I share both my successes and failures.

Its disturbing how some of my critics never have failed at anything.
That means...they never attempt anything new, exciting, or different and if they do they sure as hell ain't telling anyone.

Its natural for a young man to fear failure and especially in public. I will admit I was just like that only 25-30 years ago.

I understand but having punk tweeners criticizing and ball busting every single move gets old at my age.

I made something kind of sort of like cheese and I WILL IMPROVE.

Fuck you if you don't like it.

(Just busting your tiny little balls) :)
aunt betty

Postby Eric Haynes » Tue May 27, 2014 8:04 am

aunt betty wrote:Some of y'all may have noticed that I share both my successes and failures.

Its disturbing how some of my critics never have failed at anything.
That means...they never attempt anything new, exciting, or different and if they do they sure as hell ain't telling anyone.

Its natural for a young man to fear failure and especially in public. I will admit I was just like that only 25-30 years ago.

I understand but having punk tweeners criticizing and ball busting every single move gets old at my age.

I made something kind of sort of like cheese and I WILL IMPROVE.

Fuck you if you don't like it.

(Just busting your tiny little balls) :)

Typical "older is more betterer" statement.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Cheese

Postby aunt betty » Tue May 27, 2014 8:42 am

Shut your ****** ass up and try to stay on topic.
aunt betty

Cheese

Postby Eric Haynes » Tue May 27, 2014 8:45 am

aunt betty wrote:Shut your ****** ass up and try to stay on topic.

Not that I care, but I probably wouldn't be throwing that word around as a derogatory statement as you have.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby aunt betty » Tue May 27, 2014 9:10 am

Eric Haynes wrote:

Not that I care, but I probably wouldn't be throwing that word around as a derogatory statement as you have.

You guys are playing fucking games...trying to bait me into a really good meltdown and it's not working but is making you look foolish.

You have no interest in making cheese or cooking yet here you are dogging me.

There's an entire forum for pissing contests, busting balls, and fucking around in general but you insist on trolling me in the cooking forum.

Eric, next time you do this bullshit I'm reporting you just to see if anything happens or if admin gives a fuck.

You have been warned.
aunt betty

Postby Eric Haynes » Tue May 27, 2014 9:15 am

aunt betty wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

You guys are playing fucking games...trying to bait me into a really good meltdown and it's not working but is making you look foolish.

You have no interest in making cheese or cooking yet here you are dogging me.

There's an entire forum for pissing contests, busting balls, and fucking around in general but you insist on trolling me in the cooking forum.

Eric, next time you do this bullshit I'm reporting you just to see if anything happens or if admin gives a fuck.

You have been warned.

This thread contains not one troll post from me. You definitely made a "older=better" statement. Report me if you wish, don't give a shit either way. Calling someone a nigger because you are angry will only get you in shit. If your medication has run out, maybe I can mail you some? Did you rub any of the GV on your butthurt to prevent any further infection?
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Eric Haynes » Tue May 27, 2014 9:44 am

And if you truly feel I ruined your thread, I apologize. Your pizza did look good.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby aunt betty » Tue May 27, 2014 10:38 am

I don't feel like you're here to discuss cheese.
Medication, language, anger, butthurt, etc.

Dude you are everywhere but cheese.
((But not trolling for a reaction)
I just don't get it.
How is this constructive or fun?

You seem to like to disillusion everyone with your black thing.
The illusion is complete my n_gger.

Quit acting like one. :)
aunt betty

Postby assateague » Tue May 27, 2014 11:56 am

Dammit, did you use animal or vegetable rennet?
assateague

Postby aunt betty » Tue May 27, 2014 11:59 am

assateague wrote:Dammit, did you use animal or vegetable rennet?

Vegetable. The pills. I chose to go that way because getting animal involves internet transaction. After the third time I cut up the debit card I decided to not ever order online as it's obviously not secure.
aunt betty

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Tue May 27, 2014 12:22 pm

My grandparents said when they were in Italy last fall they went to a place where the mozzarella is made from the milk of water buffalo.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Tue May 27, 2014 12:23 pm

My grandparents said when they were in Italy last fall they went to a place where the mozzarella is made from the milk of water buffalo.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Eric Haynes » Tue May 27, 2014 12:42 pm

FlintRiverFowler wrote:My grandparents said when they were in Italy last fall they went to a place where the mozzarella is made from the milk of water buffalo.

Nothing will ever touch the quality of fresh Italian mozz...ever. Eating the "fresh" stuff in the states is a lot pike calling American cheese "a fine sharp cheddar"
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby aunt betty » Tue May 27, 2014 12:45 pm

Rats. No raw milk sold at the university. Fuck, they sell apples, berries, meat, chicken, pork, eggs , and everything but milk.
aunt betty

Postby aunt betty » Tue May 27, 2014 12:47 pm

It's called the meat science laboratory. Like a store they sell all sorts of goodies. Best kept secret in Champaign. :)
aunt betty

Postby Eric Haynes » Tue May 27, 2014 12:50 pm

aunt betty wrote:Rats. No raw milk sold at the university. Fuck, they sell apples, berries, meat, chicken, pork, eggs , and everything but milk.

Just go to the Amish. They will sell it by the lb. usually.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby aunt betty » Tue May 27, 2014 1:14 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
aunt betty wrote:Rats. No raw milk sold at the university. Fuck, they sell apples, berries, meat, chicken, pork, eggs , and everything but milk.

Rockome Gardens in Arcola is as Amish as it gets. Arcola is the heart of Illinois Amish country. Not far but I hate driving to Arcola and NOT go duck hunting at Shelbyville. I think maybe huntal6 was there this weekend. It looked like Lake Shelbyville in his pictures. Steep banks ain't Clinton.
aunt betty

Postby Eric Haynes » Tue May 27, 2014 1:16 pm

aunt betty wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

Rockome Gardens in Arcola is as Amish as it gets. Arcola is the heart of Illinois Amish country. Not far but I hate driving to Arcola and NOT go duck hunting at Shelbyville. I think maybe huntal6 was there this weekend. It looked like Lake Shelbyville in his pictures. Steep banks ain't Clinton.

I've never bought it, but I know it goes for around $24 per 100lbs here from the Amish. Not sure how you would store it or if you could freeze it for later use.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby aunt betty » Tue May 27, 2014 1:50 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
aunt betty wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

I've never bought it, but I know it goes for around $24 per 100lbs here from the Amish. Not sure how you would store it or if you could freeze it for later use.

Gallon jugs.
I'm not going to store raw milk but will store the cheese.

You know...about the time I get all this cheese stuff figured out I will discover that there is a goat farm on Lincoln Avenue in Urbana that sells goat cheese...(already found it). I wonder if I could get raw goat's milk from that farm.

Kind of figured it be tough to get the wife to go along with this cheese making idea but shes all ready to go get the milk because the cheese I made yesterday tastes great but don't quite have the texture we wanted because of the milk being pasteurized and possibly other factors like water and type of rennet etc.

Eventually I'll be trying different rennets to see whats best etc. Give it some thyme.
aunt betty

Postby Eric Haynes » Tue May 27, 2014 1:52 pm

Is mozzerella supposed to be the easiest to make? Or is it just the kind you wanted for pizza?
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby aunt betty » Tue May 27, 2014 2:01 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:Is mozzerella supposed to be the easiest to make? Or is it just the kind you wanted for pizza?
Easiest to make and I wanted to make it too.

A couple years ago I watched a show about a guy who brought a pizza oven over from Italy and designed his whole restaurant around that oven. Watching that show inspired me to grow my own tomatoes and make authentic artisian pizzas with ingredients I make myself as much as possible. Have pretty well got the sauce down and the dough too.

This particular video made me want to do it even more badly...
He makes it look fun and easy but don't tell you shit about how to make the cheese. Never says the word rennet or citric acid...

aunt betty

PreviousNext

Return to Kitchen & Game Recipes Forum