Gonna buy a Bow!

Re: Gonna buy a Bow!

Postby assateague » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:42 am

As far as I'm concerned, Mathews "peaked" with the Switchback. Outback is a good one, too. But then they fell into that "faster is better" crap that sucked everyone else in. I have a Drenalin now, and while it's a good bow, I often find myself wishing I had my old SQ2 back.
assateague

Postby huntntech » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:49 am

I still have the Switchback. I don't plan an getting a new one anytime soon either.
huntntech

Postby bill herian » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:15 pm

I know a few guys who have all the time and money in the world to throw at tinkering with hunting stuff and they haven't moved from the switchback. Same as the outback, its like pulling the trigger on a rifle.
bill herian

Postby rebelp74 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:27 pm

I still shoot the original solo cam, I have no reason to switch, it's been a good bow.
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby NuffDaddy » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:48 pm

rebelp74 wrote:I still shoot the original solo cam, I have no reason to switch, it's been a good bow.

I shoot an older Matthews too. I think it called the conquest or something like that. It's pre parallel limbs, shoots almost as smooth and quiet as my dads switchback...just bulkier and slower.

Sent from my badazz phone using a badazz app
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby obxbufflehead » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:12 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:I still shoot the original solo cam, I have no reason to switch, it's been a good bow.

I shoot an older Matthews too. I think it called the conquest or something like that. It's pre parallel limbs, shoots almost as smooth and quiet as my dads switchback...just bulkier and slower.

Do you know which conquest it is?
MOhuntingGuy wrote:I bet they were home schooled and lack the necessary social skills in life to take a joke.
obxbufflehead

Postby NuffDaddy » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:17 pm

All it says on it is conquest. Don't know if it's a version of it or the original.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362619027.827500.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362619035.374418.jpg

YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby obxbufflehead » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:22 pm

Ok. I know what you're talking about now. Wasn't sure if it was one of the old target bows.

Do you like those feather fletchings? I've heard they get real heavy if they get wet/rained on.
MOhuntingGuy wrote:I bet they were home schooled and lack the necessary social skills in life to take a joke.
obxbufflehead

Postby Fowlplay » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:26 pm

used to shoot a pse but switched to hoyt a few years ago and never looked back. you can get last years model or the year before that for probably around 500 bucks. elite is also starting to make a competitive bow, but idk how they compare in price to the others
Fowlplay

Postby obxbufflehead » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:31 pm

Fowlplay wrote:used to shoot a pse but switched to hoyt a few years ago and never looked back. you can get last years model or the year before that for probably around 500 bucks. elite is also starting to make a competitive bow, but idk how they compare in price to the others

Haven't looked at the price of the elites but they are a good bow from what people have told me. Hoyt on the other hand.....well you can keep that. I've shot them, didn't like the way they shoot. Mathews all the way for me.
obxbufflehead

Postby NuffDaddy » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:41 pm

obxbufflehead wrote:Ok. I know what you're talking about now. Wasn't sure if it was one of the old target bows.

Do you like those feather fletchings? I've heard they get real heavy if they get wet/rained on.

they aren't the best when it's raining but if it's raining I just go duck hunting. Sitting in a tree in the rain sucks and makes tracking hard.
I'd never shoot anything but feathers though. They can get real fucked up and fly straight as a perfect fletching. The veins get a little nick in em and fly like shit.

NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby obxbufflehead » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:47 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
obxbufflehead wrote:Ok. I know what you're talking about now. Wasn't sure if it was one of the old target bows.

they aren't the best when it's raining but if it's raining I just go duck hunting. Sitting in a tree in the rain sucks and makes tracking hard.
I'd never shoot anything but feathers though. They can get real fucked up and fly straight as a perfect fletching. The veins get a little nick in em and fly like shit.

That's why you fletch your own arrows. If I mess up a fletching I can fix it. And I can tune them to shoot best out of my bow.
obxbufflehead

Postby NuffDaddy » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:52 pm

obxbufflehead wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:

That's why you fletch your own arrows. If I mess up a fletching I can fix it. And I can tune them to shoot best out of my bow.

I tried the veins once and couldn't get them to last more than a week before I wrecked em. My feathers are going on 3 years and never replaced a fletching yet.

NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby assateague » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:52 pm

I use feathers. There is a dust (can't remember what it's called right now) you put just a little in a bag, put the feather side of arrow in, and shake. Instant waterproof, lasts for a couple years, too.
assateague

Postby obxbufflehead » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:01 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
obxbufflehead wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:

I tried the veins once and couldn't get them to last more than a week before I wrecked em. My feathers are going on 3 years and never replaced a fletching yet.

What do you mean by "wrecked them"?
obxbufflehead

Postby Fowlplay » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:08 pm

obxbufflehead wrote:
Fowlplay wrote:used to shoot a pse but switched to hoyt a few years ago and never looked back. you can get last years model or the year before that for probably around 500 bucks. elite is also starting to make a competitive bow, but idk how they compare in price to the others

Haven't looked at the price of the elites but they are a good bow from what people have told me. Hoyt on the other hand.....well you can keep that. I've shot them, didn't like the way they shoot. Mathews all the way for me.

i shoot a katera and wouldnt trade it, but im not too sure about there new stuff for this year. looks kind of gimmicky and lame
Fowlplay

Postby NuffDaddy » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:23 pm

obxbufflehead wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
obxbufflehead wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:

What do you mean by "wrecked them"?

hit them with another arrow target shooting, accidentally bent them in the quiver, get hooked on something and put a tear in it. As soon as they got a deformation in them they were toast. They would always wobble bad. The feathers self correct if they get damaged...or just cut the bad part out. Never seemed to effect flight.

NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Archery Forum