Broad heads shooting left of field points?

Re: Broad heads shooting left of field points?

Postby Goldfish » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:47 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:I think the obvious answer here is Bowmag.

A hit within 6 feet is lethal

The answer was right in front of me the whole time *face palm*

Muddy, I'll have to shoot just the broad heads at the same target and see how they go. I was shooting at different dots last time. Tomorrow I can get it out and give it a try.

sent from a phancy fone
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby MuddyWaterWarlock » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:27 pm

Goldfish wrote:
DeadEye_Dan wrote:I think the obvious answer here is Bowmag.

A hit within 6 feet is lethal

The answer was right in front of me the whole time *face palm*

Muddy, I'll have to shoot just the broad heads at the same target and see how they go. I was shooting at different dots last time. Tomorrow I can get it out and give it a try.

sent from a phancy fone

Be absolutely positive you are not torquing the bow in any way. I practice with a 3inch piece of arrow in the fingers of my bow hand, make sure the bow is perfectly aligned in the crotch of your thumb and first finger, open when drawing and releasing. Todays bows are not near as forgiving as the bows of the past, like I started with. I had to learn all over again when I moved up to a modern bow. :thumbsup: Tie down your target as well like mentioned.
Spoken to MuddyWaterWarlock
aunt betty wrote:This is personal. You are a douchebag.
Hey douche, when a seeds sprouts roots...what is it called?

Spoken to 3Leg
aunt betty wrote:You are one of them dipshits who wants to tell me how to build a clock cuz I asked for the correct time.
Fuck you dipshit.
MuddyWaterWarlock

Postby triplecurl » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:02 pm

MuddyWaterWarlock wrote:Mechanicals are for guys that can't tune a bow or shoot properly. Mechanicals are devastating if they choose to open. They don't always choose to open. :thumbsup:

Yea your right, that's the only reason I shoot them. :wink:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21375322175.304728.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21375322192.219717.jpg

Norhing wrong with fixed blade broadheads. I shot Muzzy's and Thunderheads before switching to Spitfires. They've never failed to open nor have I had a deflection since I started shooting them 6 or 8 years ago.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
triplecurl

Postby NuffDaddy » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:07 pm

My dad has been using mechanical broadheads since the spitfire first came out. Only ever had 1 issue on a strong quartering deer...the rest worked flawlessly. The last 4 or 5 years we have been using Rage without a problem yet.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Goldfish » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:02 pm

I barely hold the bow with my let hand. Usually hold my fingers out and do a "spirit fingers" thing before I shoot. I know when I do torque it though

sent from a phancy fone
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Goldfish » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:08 pm

Alright, video time. I took some inspiration from a different video I've seen, although I don't own cowboy boots

sent from a phancy fone
Goldfish

Postby Goldfish » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:45 pm

Oh, and it's good to use terminator lite arrows, it was floating on the pond so I busted out the kayak and got it

sent from a phancy fone
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Goldfish

Postby MuddyWaterWarlock » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:49 am

OK, one thing I saw, that I feel needs corrected that others will scoff at is the way you draw. Now from this angle and not being there it is hard to see a couple of things. When you draw you push away and to the right. with your bow hand as viewed from the camera or to your left from your view. This in itself may or may not be making you torque your bow. Extend your bow straight towards the target and then draw the string straight back to anchor. Why? it does two things, it eliminates the bow hanndle from being twisted when drawing and eliminates the possibility of different wrist angle from drawing to sighting. Also, I hunt mainly from the ground. I like to creep around in corn fields. A lot of times the deer are very close and looking right at me. When I draw like I said, there is very little visible movement from straight on. I have killed turkeys the same way. I don't use a blind, I just sit down next to a tree and sit still. When it is time to shoot, all I do is draw my bow string straight back and release, very little movement. Keep practicing, let me know if this helps :thumbsup:

Spoken to 3Leg
aunt betty wrote:You are one of them dipshits who wants to tell me how to build a clock cuz I asked for the correct time.
Fuck you dipshit.
MuddyWaterWarlock

Postby Goldfish » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:56 am

It's been a long time since I've shot a bow, gotta build the muscles back up to do that.

Also, the new sight has one of those leveling bubbles on it so I know the bow is straight verticle I guess.

But, I'm open to any and all suggestions so please, keep then coming

sent from a phancy fone
Goldfish

Postby MuddyWaterWarlock » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:23 am

Goldfish wrote:It's been a long time since I've shot a bow, gotta build the muscles back up to do that.

Also, the new sight has one of those leveling bubbles on it so I know the bow is straight verticle I guess.

But, I'm open to any and all suggestions so please, keep then coming

sent from a phancy fone

Like I said, I hunt on the ground in the open and sometimes I have to draw way early and hold it to not get busted. To build muscle, I will draw and hold until I don't think I can hold it any longer, then take a deep breathe, re-anchor and release. It really helps build muscle and improve shooting. However, at first, your accuracy will decrease so shoot the big side of the target. Some nights I will only shoot 6 arrows, but I might hold each one 2-3 minutes before shooting. I practice the same way I hunt, sitting under a tree on the ground. Shoot often and pay attention to detail, make it automatic so you don't have to worry about that crap when it comes time to hunt :thumbsup:

Spoken to 3Leg
Fuck you dipshit.
MuddyWaterWarlock

Postby Goldfish » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:42 am

Adrenaline usually kicks in to help pull it back without having to go overhead too, lol

sent from a phancy fone
Goldfish

Postby one2many » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:28 am

Goldfish wrote:Alright, video time. I took some inspiration from a different video I've seen, although I don't own cowboy boots

sent from a phancy fone

is the video of you shooting? no fucking way would i be shooting there and would more then likely put my cross hairs on a knee for someone shooting there
sticking a kid or a neighbors window and old granny would suck balls Goldie. you being up there in leningrad stalingrad i cant believe the law hasnt shown up
No helicopter looking for a murder
Two in the mornin got the Fatburger
Even saw the lights of the Goodyear Blimp
And it read, "Jeffys a pimp"
one2many

Postby jehler » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:00 am

What's the problem shootin there?
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby obxbufflehead » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:39 am

You could try going to 4 fetching instead of 3. If you do that match the fletchings to the broadheads e.i. line them up. It could work. Or just try shooting a mechanical of some kind. I personally like the G5 t3s. They fly just like a field point.
MOhuntingGuy wrote:I bet they were home schooled and lack the necessary social skills in life to take a joke.
obxbufflehead

Postby one2many » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:05 pm

jehler wrote:What's the problem shootin there?

between two rows of condos, seen more then one time where shit happens. i would never take that chance, and wouldnt like to see someone else doing it, and the damn metal boat anchor sitting on top when he is having trouble hitting where he is trying to. hell he missed the whole target on one....
just dont seem safe, sorry Goldie
one2many

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:24 pm

I bet you don't risk hunting fat labs in the heat either. Why don't ya grow a pair, and live a little? :grin:
rebelp74 wrote:Yeah I have a yacht, suck it bitches!

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Postby assateague » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:31 pm

:lol:
assateague

Postby one2many » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:33 pm

Feelin' Fowl wrote:I bet you don't risk hunting fat labs in the heat either. Why don't ya grow a pair, and live a little? :grin:

hahahaha im living on borrowed time.
my pretty brown labs just got offended you called him fat :lol:
one2many

Postby Goldfish » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:46 pm

O2m, did you watch the video? I'm standing between the rows, shooting towards a pond. The only thing on the other side is the back side of Walmart, which would be tough for me to hit if I arched the arrow.

Edit: Nm, see where you commented about the anchor.

I put thought into where and which direction I was shooting. No kids were getting stuck on my watch

sent from a phancy fone
Goldfish

Postby one2many » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:47 pm

Goldfish wrote:O2m, did you watch the video? I'm standing between the rows, shooting towards a pond. The only thing on the other side is the back side of Walmart, which would be tough for me to hit if I arched the arrow.

Edit: Nm, see where you commented about the anchor.

I put thought into where and which direction I was shooting. No kids were getting stuck on my watch

sent from a phancy fone

i wasnt trying to be a jerk. i have seen arrows make a hard right or left hand turn due to mechanical errors. maybe im getting too careful and im starting to turn into my old man.
i know you are being careful and its hard to get in some practice time with work and old ladies and shit. range time cost money unless you are friends with the shop owner.im sure the traffic up there sucks ass to try and go do something quick
one2many

Postby Goldfish » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:01 pm

Actually, there are two outdoor ranges within 20 minute of me, I just threw that together quick to test/show.

And for the record, I got some rage mechanical heads for it. The muzzy's went to a home that can use them better than I could.

sent from a phancy fone
Goldfish

Postby one2many » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:39 am

did you get a chance to shoot the new broad heads tonight?
for the record im average at best with a bow
one2many

Postby 3legged_lab » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:47 am

one2many wrote:did you get a chance to shoot the new broad heads tonight?
for the record im average at best with a bow

They will shoot EXACTLY like field points.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby bill herian » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:39 am

I want to know exactly how it feels when that rage bounces right off of the deer of your lifetime.
bill herian

Postby assateague » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:41 am

Yup. While not any deer of a lifetime, even on this forum I probably can't say what I said when they bounced off a couple does.
assateague

Postby 3legged_lab » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:29 pm

Goldie, did you get the ones with the new style tips or the old style?
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:38 pm

I will never trust a mechanical broadhead.

Sent from my Vox Mortem
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby 3legged_lab » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:02 pm

If mechanicals were legal here I'd never touch another fixed blade
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Goldfish » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:22 am

Uh, newish style, but not the brand new ones. The "legacy" 2 blade or something like that. I did shoot the practice point that comes in the pack and it's shooting right with my field points. I just need to get out to the range more now to build up my muscles. I've talked with a couple bow hunters who use them and they've never had an issue with it bouncing off because these mechanicals don't fold back on itself like others do, they push thru to open up.

sent from a phancy fone
Goldfish

Postby one2many » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:24 am

Goldfish wrote:Uh, newish style, but not the brand new ones. The "legacy" 2 blade or something like that. I did shoot the practice point that comes in the pack and it's shooting right with my field points. I just need to get out to the range more now to build up my muscles. I've talked with a couple bow hunters who use them and they've never had an issue with it bouncing off because these mechanicals don't fold back on itself like others do, they push thru to open up.

sent from a phancy fone

my old man used them before and never had trouble with them
glad that it seemed to have got you back on track so far
one2many

PreviousNext

Return to Archery Forum