Browning Wasp Recurve

Browning Wasp Recurve

Postby banknote » Thu May 22, 2014 6:14 pm

Anyone know anything about these? One's for sale locally, 55lb, $50. I'm looking to upgrade form my 40lb BP Hunter 709. Good deal?
banknote

Re: Browning Wasp Recurve

Postby QH's Paw » Thu May 22, 2014 11:34 pm

banknote wrote:Anyone know anything about these? One's for sale locally, 55lb, $50. I'm looking to upgrade form my 40lb BP Hunter 709. Good deal?

I know nothing about them but, my advice is check the limbs for cracks and twist real good. I mean for $50 you can't be expecting a $1000 bow.
I looked over on Tradtalk and there are a few old posts about them. They don't sound bad as long as you take the time to tune it for you.
The ones I saw for sale were all over $100. Since I only saw used for sale, I'm guessing it is a discontinued model. I did see a few comments about it being a shorter bow. I prefer shorter bows for coastal hunting but, that comes at a price. Shorter bows are less forgiving. You will want to set your brace height fairly high to smooth it out some.
Are you buying just to shoot or are you planning on hunting with it?
QH's Paw

Postby banknote » Fri May 23, 2014 12:30 am

QH's Paw wrote:
banknote wrote:Anyone know anything about these? One's for sale locally, 55lb, $50. I'm looking to upgrade form my 40lb BP Hunter 709. Good deal?

I know nothing about them but, my advice is check the limbs for cracks and twist real good. I mean for $50 you can't be expecting a $1000 bow.
I looked over on Tradtalk and there are a few old posts about them. They don't sound bad as long as you take the time to tune it for you.
The ones I saw for sale were all over $100. Since I only saw used for sale, I'm guessing it is a discontinued model. I did see a few comments about it being a shorter bow. I prefer shorter bows for coastal hunting but, that comes at a price. Shorter bows are less forgiving. You will want to set your brace height fairly high to smooth it out some.

Thanks for the tips, Mike. I'd like to hunt with it. I'm currently just shooting an old 40# recurve but would like something faster to set up for hunting.
banknote

Postby QH's Paw » Fri May 30, 2014 4:53 am

banknote wrote:
QH's Paw wrote:

Thanks for the tips, Mike. I'd like to hunt with it. I'm currently just shooting an old 40# recurve but would like something faster to set up for hunting.

So, did you get it? Was it the one on Ifish classifieds?
QH's Paw

Postby banknote » Fri May 30, 2014 11:34 am

QH's Paw wrote:
banknote wrote:
QH's Paw wrote:

So, did you get it? Was it the one on Ifish classifieds?

That was the one, and no I didn't get it. Thought I might, then I got a speeding ticket so my slush fund went kinda dry. Fucking cops.
banknote

Return to Archery Forum