Arrow backstop

Re: Arrow backstop

Postby 3legged_lab » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:56 pm

AKPirate wrote:

Sweet! The new bowmags are out.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:24 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:Well, I don't have to worry about it now. My dad put my bow in his truck today, so I asked him what he was doing and he said "Taking it to work so I can sight it in." That is solved.

Sweet, now your bow will be sighted in to your dad's eye. Maybe he can go ahead and shoot your deer for you too.

It'll be sighted in enough to land on my 2x2 target, and I can fuck with it from there.

Is he gonna hang your stand too?

He took it, I had no choice in the matter. he said he didn't want me to fuck it up. He got back from work today, and it shoots fine for me.
assateague wrote:Put that in your huff-n-puffer and smoke it, shootin' boy.
ducks~n~bucks

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:27 pm

3legged_lab wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:Well, I don't have to worry about it now. My dad put my bow in his truck today, so I asked him what he was doing and he said "Taking it to work so I can sight it in." That is solved.

Sweet, now your bow will be sighted in to your dad's eye. Maybe he can go ahead and shoot your deer for you too.

It'll be sighted in enough to land on my 2x2 target, and I can fuck with it from there.

His mom wants him in a ground blind, safer that way. :D

That really is funny because, it's true. My cousin sold me his old tree stand, and I was shooting from it and my mom really did yell at me to get down, because it was dangerous. I'm also not allowed to operate a chainsaw when my mom is home, or tell her that my dad lets me use a chainsaw when she is gone, or ride dirt bikes when my mom knows.
assateague wrote:Put that in your huff-n-puffer and smoke it, shootin' boy.
ducks~n~bucks

Postby 3legged_lab » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:33 pm

Fight the oppression
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby capt1972 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:35 pm

cut the umbilical cord already!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby NuffDaddy » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:47 am

ducks~n~bucks wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:[quote="ducks~n~bucks"]Well, I don't have to worry about it now. My dad put my bow in his truck today, so I asked him what he was doing and he said "Taking it to work so I can sight it in." That is solved.

His mom wants him in a ground blind, safer that way. :D

That really is funny because, it's true. My cousin sold me his old tree stand, and I was shooting from it and my mom really did yell at me to get down, because it was dangerous. I'm also not allowed to operate a chainsaw when my mom is home, or tell her that my dad lets me use a chainsaw when she is gone, or ride dirt bikes when my mom knows.[/quote]
Haha. Sounds like my mom only twice as bad. She just constantly tells me to be carful whenever are do something and always giving great advice like "don't cut your finger" or "don't fall out of that tree".
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby one2many » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:13 pm

Goldfish wrote:I use a pond that butts up to a Walmart, but some guys on here didn't like that

lets be truthful here. i was the only one that didnt like it. shooting between two rows of townhouses at a small target being held down by a big chunk of metal, while you were shooting all over the place was less then safe. should have just turned your pitbull loose on the neighborhood. would have been less bloddy :lol: :lol:
No helicopter looking for a murder
Two in the mornin got the Fatburger
Even saw the lights of the Goodyear Blimp
And it read, "Jeffys a pimp"
one2many

Postby Spencer Crabtree » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:30 am

Square bales of hay behind your target. I lay a sheet of carpet over it because if the bow is strong enough the arrow can go in and screw up the fletchings.
Spencer Crabtree

Postby Goldfish » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:02 am

one2many wrote:
Goldfish wrote:I use a pond that butts up to a Walmart, but some guys on here didn't like that

lets be truthful here. i was the only one that didnt like it. shooting between two rows of townhouses at a small target being held down by a big chunk of metal, while you were shooting all over the place was less then safe. should have just turned your pitbull loose on the neighborhood. would have been less bloddy :lol: :lol:

Haha. I'll give the bow to the pitbull. He'll be unstoppable!
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Goldfish » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:06 am

I've since gotten a new target that I don't have to shoot sideways at to not have the arrows go all the way thru, so it's less likely to sling off the edge like that one did. I also picked up mechanical broad heads and my grouping is back to normal. Even still, I haven't shot my bow at home since then. I go over to the school yard now
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby 3legged_lab » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:08 am

Haha
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby NuffDaddy » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:16 pm

Goldfish wrote:I've since gotten a new target that I don't have to shoot sideways at to not have the arrows go all the way thru, so it's less likely to sling off the edge like that one did. I also picked up mechanical broad heads and my grouping is back to normal. Even still, I haven't shot my bow at home since then. I go over to the school yard now

Thats a much better spot
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby one2many » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:45 pm

Goldfish wrote:
one2many wrote:

Haha. I'll give the bow to the pitbull. He'll be unstoppable!

i havent seen the photos of that sharp looking pit in a long time...i only brought it up because i seen on the other site you got sucked into the latest kill all pitbull thread.
if we didnt live 4 hours away you would be welcome to shoot anytime you wanted on any farm you wished of mine :beer: :beer:
one2many

Postby Goldfish » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:10 pm

I'll upload his attempt at swimming in the lake and link it here. Give it a minute, lol

He just sinks. I honestly don't know if he could swim without a life jacket
Goldfish

Postby RonE » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:44 pm

[quote="Goldfish"]I'll upload his attempt at swimming in the lake and link it here. Give it a minute, lol

[/quote

Why does a pit bull need to swim? How do you like the gentle-leader collar?
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby Goldfish » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:00 am

That gentle leader is a God send with him. He's 70lbs of block headed muscle, but with that on to turn his head it's a breeze to walk him. He's the girls dog, and she didn't want any negative training/discipline with him so he pulls like a Mack truck on a regular leash. It was actually hard for her to find one big enough for his big dome tho.
Goldfish

Postby RonE » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:06 am

Goldfish wrote:That gentle leader is a God send with him. He's 70lbs of block headed muscle, but with that on to turn his head it's a breeze to walk him. He's the girls dog, and she didn't want any negative training/discipline with him so he pulls like a Mack truck on a regular leash. It was actually hard for her to find one big enough for his big dome tho.

My wife used one on our last Labrador, an 85-90 lb blockheaded bitch. It was the only way my wife could walk her without being pulled over. We got one for our neighbor for their schizoid Wimer and it was something that finally allowed the neighbors wife to walk their dog.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby Goldfish » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:09 am

Yup. You do need to be careful because it can wrench their neck something awful so you shouldn't use it with an extendable leash, but they are like magic with suburb pullers
Goldfish

Postby RonE » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:43 am

Goldfish wrote:Yup. You do need to be careful because it can wrench their neck something awful so you shouldn't use it with an extendable leash, but they are like magic with suburb pullers

Yo-Yo leashes are for idiots and little ole ladies with 7 pound ankle biters.
RonE

Postby Goldfish » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:31 pm

Sure
Goldfish

Postby one2many » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:26 pm

Goldfish wrote:I'll upload his attempt at swimming in the lake and link it here. Give it a minute, lol

he sure has grown,and is a handsome fellow.(no homo)
one2many

Postby Goldfish » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:52 am

He just hangs out. He's getting to be not so bad now that I'm home 4 days a week and keeping him in line most of the time
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Goldfish

Previous

Return to Archery Forum