Everyone

New to duck hunting? Ask anything you want here, there are no stupid questions in here!

Everyone

Postby DC727 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:31 pm

Welcome Firedog12, he graduated fire school with me. He just wants to get into duck hunting so help him, I suck at this shit. Oh yeah, Red abd the rest of you cop fuckers. The fire department is taking over.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
NuffDaddy wrote:Nigga ran that back like he had my VCR
DC727

Re: Everyone

Postby firedog12 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:35 pm

haha thanks for this bud would appreciate any tips for beginners, im going to be hunting in the Mississippi and Louisiana area. im
firedog12

Postby firedog12 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:36 pm

ohh by the way Fuck You Red lol.
firedog12

Postby jehler » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:36 pm

So have you met dales mom?
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby DC727 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:37 pm

:lol: epic.

DC727

Postby DC727 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:40 pm

Seriously, guys he is doing the right things. Google earth and scouting on his on. He bought a Remington, I'm let down by that. I gave him a few tips, but y'all know how to mash em.

DC727

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:59 pm

You should take Dale out drinking and get him shitfaced and then he'll tell you where all his spots are
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby jehler » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:01 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:You should take Dale out drinking and get him shitfaced and then he'll tell you where all his spots are
i.e. buy him a wine cooler
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby assateague » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:01 pm

Nigga ain't got no spots.
assateague

Postby DC727 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:03 pm

jehler wrote:
DeadEye_Dan wrote:You should take Dale out drinking and get him **** and then he'll tell you where all his spots are

Says the guy who dips skoal peach
DC727

Postby firedog12 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:05 pm

jehler wrote:
DeadEye_Dan wrote:You should take Dale out drinking and get him **** and then he'll tell you where all his spots are

or he will try to propose to every girl in the place lol.
firedog12

Postby DC727 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:11 pm

Don't start that shit. Lol

DC727

Postby Redbeard » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:04 pm

DC727 wrote:Welcome Firedog12, he graduated fire school with me. He just wants to get into duck hunting so help him, I suck at this shit. Oh yeah, Red abd the rest of you cop fuckers. The fire department is taking over.

another easy target
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby realunlucky » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:06 pm

Welcome

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
realunlucky

Postby Redbeard » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:06 pm

firedog12 wrote:ohh by the way Fuck You Red lol.
you and dale fight over the lazy chair?
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby DC727 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:08 pm

He's stationed in Mississippi. Lol seriously, what's good decoy anchors. I always used cheap shit, abd he was asking about that.

DC727

Postby rebelp74 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:12 pm

firedog12 wrote:
jehler wrote:

Please indulge us
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby Redbeard » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:12 pm

DC727 wrote:He's stationed in Mississippi. Lol seriously, what's good decoy anchors. I always used cheap shit, abd he was asking about that.

the lead ones
Redbeard

Postby DC727 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:13 pm

rebelp74 wrote:
firedog12 wrote:
jehler wrote:

Please indulge us

Redbeard wrote:
DC727 wrote:He's stationed in Mississippi. Lol seriously, what's good decoy anchors. I always used cheap ****, abd he was asking about that.

the lead ones

Ass holes, both of ya.

DC727

Postby RonE » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:18 pm

DC727 wrote:He's stationed in Mississippi. Lol seriously, what's good decoy anchors. I always used cheap shit, abd he was asking about that.

6 or 8 ounce mushroom weights seem to me to be the best. Either cast your own or buy them from ebay. I just got 36 6oz delivered today for $34 including shipping. I usually pay thirty five cents for a one ounce fishing weight.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:21 pm

RonE wrote:

6 or 8 ounce mushroom weights seem to me to be the best. Either cast your own or buy them from ebay. I just got 36 6oz delivered today for $34 including shipping. I usually pay thirty five cents for a one ounce fishing weight.

That was a damn good deal right there.

Sent from my Vox Mortem
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby firedog12 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:25 pm

RonE wrote:
DC727 wrote:He's stationed in Mississippi. Lol seriously, what's good decoy anchors. I always used cheap ****, abd he was asking about that.

appreciate it! Ive been seeing different things about patterns for decoys what determines the pattern you should use?
firedog12

Postby Redbeard » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:28 pm

RonE wrote:

hey Ron, dales already very familiar with the mushroom tip shaped ones
Redbeard

Postby Redbeard » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:30 pm

firedog12 wrote:
RonE wrote:

appreciate it! Ive been seeing different things about patterns for decoys what determines the pattern you should use?
Pattern only matters for how you rig or wrap your decoys. The weight may or may not be more important depend on where you hunt
Redbeard

Postby rebelp74 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:35 pm

firedog12 wrote:
RonE wrote:

By pattern do you mean how to set them out? If so, the wind direction is the biggest factor.
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby firedog12 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:39 pm

rebelp74 wrote:
firedog12 wrote:
RonE wrote:

By pattern do you mean how to set them out? If so, the wind direction is the biggest factor.

yeah that's what I meant, should I have them more towards the direction the wind is blowing?
firedog12

Postby rebelp74 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:47 pm

firedog12 wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:
firedog12 wrote:
RonE wrote:

yeah that's what I meant, should I have them more towards the direction the wind is blowing?

Set them with a "landing zone" opened up on the windward side of the decoy spread. Such shapes as a J, U, C, W or whatever work. Ducks land flying into the wind so having a decoy free space gives them somewhere to come into.
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby RonE » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:14 pm

firedog12 wrote:
RonE wrote:

Ducks, like airplanes usually take off and land into the wind. I don't think a "pattern" is as important as having a somewhat open place for the ducks to land. Create that open spot in a place (relative to the blind) where it is easy to shoot (usually in front of the blind) If your blind is on a rice levee or a sand spit or open water, the down wind side of the blind would normally be sheltered from the wind and I prefer to place a few decoys (resting) in the lee of the blind. Other than that, throw the decoys out, get in the blind, be quiet, stay low and shoot the sombiches in the face when they have their wings cupped and their feet down. Try not to shoot too many decoys.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby IndianaMallard64 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:16 am

DC727 wrote:
jehler wrote:

Says the guy who dips skoal peach

please tell me this is a joke.......
IndianaMallard64

Postby Juice Box » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:11 am

Redbeard wrote:
DC727 wrote:Welcome Firedog12, he graduated fire school with me. He just wants to get into duck hunting so help him, I suck at this shit. Oh yeah, Red abd the rest of you cop fuckers. The fire department is taking over.

another easy target

Jeez red whys this guy hating you so soon. He must have drank DC's kookaid?
"Olly cop hater? No

Olly American? Yes"
Juice Box

Next

Return to Greenhorn Forum