Guided Hunt

New to duck hunting? Ask anything you want here, there are no stupid questions in here!

Guided Hunt

Postby theilkjam » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:02 pm

Hello everyone! I'm new to waterfowl hunting and I'm looking to book a guided trip and squeeze in a hunt before the end of the year. I'll be hunting in the central zone of Illinois but the only weekend I can book is the 24th of January. Is that too late for a hunt? I understand it's impossible to know for sure but in the past are the birds still flying that late in the season? Thanks
theilkjam

Re: Guided Hunt

Postby Flightstopper » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:07 pm

I can't say from being in Texas myself but I just wanted to swing in to say welcome! I'd imagine you'd be just fine if you do your research to find an honest guide and not one just looking to fill spots and take money.
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Woody » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:36 am

theilkjam wrote:Hello everyone! I'm new to waterfowl hunting and I'm looking to book a guided trip and squeeze in a hunt before the end of the year. I'll be hunting in the central zone of Illinois but the only weekend I can book is the 24th of January. Is that too late for a hunt? I understand it's impossible to know for sure but in the past are the birds still flying that late in the season? Thanks

Depends if you are willing to drive a ways to find a state still holding birds.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:15 pm

Where in central Illinois? If you'll be near Braidwood, there will be birds (ducks will be closed, but there will be geese)

There are a few good guides in the area, but if you're serious, I'd book it now. They might already be full.
rebelp74 wrote:Yeah I have a yacht, suck it bitches!

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Postby team216 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:03 pm

I would say it's worth it, we usually still have a lot of birds up here through the end of season ( I hunt between braidwood and the starve rock wide waters) ( so I'm not just pulling this out of my butt) hopefully it won't be as cold as it was last year. Good luck
team216

Return to Greenhorn Forum