Duck Blinds in Texas Bays

New to duck hunting? Ask anything you want here, there are no stupid questions in here!

Duck Blinds in Texas Bays

Postby lurejunkee » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:00 pm

Are the duck blinds out in the middle of the bay's open to use by anyone?

There are a few that have structure but need some TLC.

Thanks
lurejunkee

Re: Duck Blinds in Texas Bays

Postby Ajverret » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:56 am

lurejunkee wrote:Are the duck blinds out in the middle of the bay's open to use by anyone?

There are a few that have structure but need some TLC.

Thanks

if texas public land is anything like here in la, sure they are open game for anyone but dont be surprised if someone whips your ass for messing with their blind. not if its an old run down thing no one has been in for years you can give it a shot. some places things can get hairy between hunters over thing like that
" Quack Stackin "
16' Lake sport w/ 35GTR Stage 1
Ajverret

Postby lurejunkee » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:09 am

Yea I was thinking about the old ones that need fixin. I'll keep my eyes open. No asses will be whipped. Thanks bud
lurejunkee

Postby Ajverret » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:09 am

if they look like they are fixing to wash away i would rip it out and start over that way if you are confronted u can say there was nothing here not sure how the public land laws are over there but here u cant claim a spot. if you get out there and someone is in your spot then ur shit out of luck. thats why i hunt from a boat blind
" Quack Stackin "
Ajverret

Postby lurejunkee » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:53 am

Ajverret wrote:if they look like they are fixing to wash away i would rip it out and start over that way if you are confronted u can say there was nothing here not sure how the public land laws are over there but here u cant claim a spot. if you get out there and someone is in your spot then ur **** out of luck. thats why i hunt from a boat blind

My understanding is its the same way here. I was asking because I've waded near some blinds that have been vacant for years. No floor or walls. These are a little closer to the mainland and since I have a kayak and no boat I thought about the possibility of using one. It's still up in the air, there are some small islands with vegetation near by that could be an option as well.
lurejunkee

Postby Ajverret » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:57 am

Those should be safe to revamp
" Quack Stackin "
Ajverret

Return to Greenhorn Forum