Newbie questions and advice requested.

New to duck hunting? Ask anything you want here, there are no stupid questions in here!

Newbie questions and advice requested.

Postby Datsun240z » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:58 pm

Thanks for taking the time to read my post first and foremost.

I am in the process of bundling a duck package for my online store. There is so much information on this forum as well as others and I am trying to put together a bundled package that covers the bare necessities for duck hunters, primarily newbies such as myself. I encourage any feedback including criticism because I want to do this sport justice.

Here are the contents of what what I’m trying to do:

1. Camo 12 slot bag
2. Rigging for 12
3.Duck whistle
4. Mallards

Now here’s where I’m looking for possible input. Is there a specific ratio of male to females I should have?
Does size of ducks decoys make a huge difference? 10” vs 14.5” or combination? Maybe add 2 other varieties than just mallards?
I also thought of adding 1-2 bottoms up only in the pack of 12?

I know this is a basic starter package and the hardcore hunters might have their own secrets but looking for feedback from true purists.

Thank you
J
Datsun240z

Re: Newbie questions and advice requested.

Postby Duck Engr » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:06 pm

Where are you located? What kind of ducks are most common where your customers hunt?
Duck Engr
WFF Administrator

Re: Newbie questions and advice requested.

Postby Datsun240z » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:21 pm

Duck Engr wrote:Where are you located? What kind of ducks are most common where your customers hunt?

California

I’d like but I’d like to expand elsewhere. We love to travel even if it’s a few states away. I just figured the mallard :duck: was probably most common.
Datsun240z

Return to Greenhorn Forum