Gun Shop person

What scatter guns are you using?

Moderator: MOhuntingGuy

Gun Shop person

Postby aunt betty » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:41 pm

Have a rather obscure question.
I bought a shotgun and kept the serial numbers etc.
Later I gifted that gun to a friend who no longer has it and won't say what happened. Naturally we aren't friends anymore since he don't trust me enough to say what happened but...I just gotta know.

Some say he was drunk n stupid and the cops took it while others say he probably pawned it.
Where do I start? Private detective?
This all happened about 6 years ago.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Re: Gun Shop person

Postby assateague » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:57 pm

I would highly suggest you juts forget about it. I'm sure Illinois is different, but most places you don't need to do squat for a face to face transfer, especially of a long gun.
assateague

Postby Eric Haynes » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:58 pm

assateague wrote:I would highly suggest you juts forget about it. I'm sure Illinois is different, but most places you don't need to do squat for a face to face transfer, especially of a long gun.

Yep. Cut your losses.

Sent from my H866C using Tapatalk 2
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby rebelp74 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:48 pm

Don't let it get to you, move past it.
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby Goldfish » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:50 pm

If you want peace of mind, write up a bill of sale between the two of you with that serial number and date it for when you sold it and have him sign it. Now that might be difficult not being friends and all, but it would be some sort of proof that you are no longer in possesion of it.
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Redbeard » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:26 pm

assateague wrote:I would highly suggest you juts forget about it. I'm sure Illinois is different, but most places you don't need to do squat for a face to face transfer, especially of a long gun.

exactly. Chances are if the cops ended up with it, it was destroyed years ago
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Olly » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:55 pm

They're coming for you as we speak.

Sent from my phone.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Return to The Shotgun Forum