Mag extensions - how many shots?

What scatter guns are you using?

Moderator: MOhuntingGuy

Re: Mag extensions - how many shots?

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:57 pm

Imagine the snows you could drop with that.

Sent from my badazz phone using a badazz app
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby assateague » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:07 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:I'm seriously gonna ask at a couple golf courses this fall to see if I can hunt there first thing in the morning before the golfers show up.

They are going to blame duck dynasty! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think they will say yes. They gotta get sick of cleaning up all that shit after a while.

I worked at a golf course for 5 years. We weren't allowed to kill them or "harass" them, so the head grew sleeper used to make us go ride around in the dark at 4am, run them off the best (no easy feat), and shake the hell out of their eggs in the springtime. Supposedly, they wouldn't hatch, and the geese would think it was "cursed" or some shit and they'd move on. Never seemed to work. And it got real old running a big piece of garden hose across the greens every morning to get the goose shit off them. They were a pain, but I got some good overtime because of them.
assateague

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:11 pm

A lot of the courses around here got dogs that run around all day. Seems to work a little. But I thing a few shotgun blasts bright and early would have em gone in a few days.

NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby BrewGUN » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:24 pm

assateague wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:I'm seriously gonna ask at a couple golf courses this fall to see if I can hunt there first thing in the morning before the golfers show up.

They are going to blame duck dynasty! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think they will say yes. They gotta get sick of cleaning up all that shit after a while.

I worked at a golf course for 5 years. We weren't allowed to kill them or "harass" them, so the head grew sleeper used to make us go ride around in the dark at 4am, run them off the best (no easy feat), and shake the hell out of their eggs in the springtime. Supposedly, they wouldn't hatch, and the geese would think it was "cursed" or some shit and they'd move on. Never seemed to work. And it got real old running a big piece of garden hose across the greens every morning to get the goose shit off them. They were a pain, but I got some good overtime because of them.

What's a "head grew sleeper"? ;)
BrewGUN

Postby assateague » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:10 pm

I should proofread more often.
assateague

Postby MOhuntingGuy » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:54 pm

Back on topic, I bought one for my 870 back in January. Didn't end up getting it till mid February though. I decided to get one for a couple reasons. 1- I had always wanted one. Just looked fun as hell. And 2- SNOWS. I haven't been snow goose hunting yet, don't know if I'll even get the chance, but hey I'm ready.

I ordered the Choate brand off midway. After shipping and whatnot, I think it was right around 50 bucks. I ordered their "5 round" which totals mine out to a 9+1. Installation was easy. I can't remember what size drill bit (it said on the package) but just had to drill out the dimples on the end of the tube and take a small file and file down the burs on the inside. I think it came out pretty sweet.

I'm not too whoop on the spray paint job I did but whatever. 26 inch barrel and without my extended choke tube, it would have stuck out about half an inch.
"There's something about sitting in a duck blind by the lake, staring zen like at the sky hour after after, then blasting one of Gods creatures out of the air. Man that is a great time." - Anthony Bourdain
MOhuntingGuy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Goldfish » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:19 pm

MOhuntingGuy wrote: Installation was easy. I can't remember what size drill bit (it said on the package) but just had to drill out the dimples on the end of the tube and take a small file and file down the burs on the inside.

can you still take it off and your gun function like it used to? How old is your 870?

sent from a phancy fone
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Fowlplay » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:20 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:8? 11? That's bush league boys...

http://youtu.be/wY1ItO1SSHE

dammit
Fowlplay

Postby MOhuntingGuy » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:23 pm

Goldfish wrote:
MOhuntingGuy wrote: Installation was easy. I can't remember what size drill bit (it said on the package) but just had to drill out the dimples on the end of the tube and take a small file and file down the burs on the inside.

can you still take it off and your gun function like it used to? How old is your 870?

sent from a phancy fone

You sure can. Just got to be careful taking the magazine cap off when removing the barrel because when you drill out the dimples, you are removing the spring stopper. And I think my 870 is probably 10 years old.
"There's something about sitting in a duck blind by the lake, staring zen like at the sky hour after after, then blasting one of Gods creatures out of the air. Man that is a great time." - Anthony Bourdain
MOhuntingGuy
WFF Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to The Shotgun Forum