choke tubes for sx3

What scatter guns are you using?

Moderator: MOhuntingGuy

choke tubes for sx3

Postby divebomber » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:37 pm

I've been shooting the stock mod tube in my sx3 since I've had and I have done alright with it but an looking into getting s extended choke tube this year that will work for both ducks and geese, I've been looking at the kicks high flyer mod tube but haven't heard much on them for the sx3 for ducks I shoot Kent's 3 inch #3 s and usually Winchester 3 1/2 in bb for geese any info on the kicks tubes would be great or any other tubes too thanks
divebomber

Re: choke tubes for sx3

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:45 pm

I shot Kicks Mod in my SBE for several years and it did fine.

Personally, I like Briley X2 series chokes and you can probably buy 2 Briley tubes of different constriction for the price of one Kicks or Patternmaster etc.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby hudson » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:51 pm

i shoot kent 3inch 3s at 1560fps in my sx3 with a kicks high flyer full and its never coming out the gun
hudson

Postby triplecurl » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:12 pm

I've got an SX2 with a Kicks High Flyer Mod. It seems no matter what other choke I try, I always go back to the Kicks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
triplecurl

Postby sws002 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:39 pm

triplecurl wrote:I've got an SX2 with a Kicks High Flyer Mod. It seems no matter what other choke I try, I always go back to the Kicks.

This, except a Vortex instead of High Flyer (I shoot Black Cloud). I fucking LOVE this choke. Been shooting a lot of clays the last few weeks, kept the duck choke in just for shits and giggles and I just reaffirmed why I love it. I shot a Carlson's Black Cloud Mod for one season before I got the Kicks and did okay with it, but the Kicks is devastating.
To achieve success, one must possess dedication, passion and a boatload of decoys.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby triplecurl » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:15 pm

sws002 wrote:
triplecurl wrote:I've got an SX2 with a Kicks High Flyer Mod. It seems no matter what other choke I try, I always go back to the Kicks.

This, except a Vortex instead of High Flyer (I shoot Black Cloud). I fucking LOVE this choke. Been shooting a lot of clays the last few weeks, kept the duck choke in just for shits and giggles and I just reaffirmed why I love it. I shot a Carlson's Black Cloud Mod for one season before I got the Kicks and did okay with it, but the Kicks is devastating.

I've got the Vortex as well and used to shoot it when I shot Blackcloud. Bought the Kicks HF and tried HeviMetal thru it and that's what I've been shooting ever since.

triplecurl

Return to The Shotgun Forum