New Browning A5

What scatter guns are you using?

Moderator: MOhuntingGuy

New Browning A5

Postby IndianaMallard64 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:22 am

I have been saving up for the new browning A5, just wondering if anybody has one or knows someone who does? Any input anybody has heard would be awesome! Thanks
IndianaMallard64

Re: New Browning A5

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:26 am

Duck Hammer is the resident Browning nut job...
rebelp74 wrote:Yeah I have a yacht, suck it bitches!

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:44 pm

Feelin' Fowl wrote:Duck Hammer is the resident Browning nut job...

:lol:

I got one right after they came out and haven't had any major problems with it. I think I have put about 3 cases of shells through it ranging from Hevi Metal 3" to Federal game loads, and it hasn't missed a lick. As far as I'm concerned you cannot stop them. I crawled 250-300 yards through a wheat field right after it rained and pretty much drug that gun the whole time filling it with mud. When it came time to shoot it fired off all three times without a hitch. After I got home and completely broke the gun down it was almost completely full of mud but you wouldn't have know that by how it functioned. Basically I hung up my Nova and haven't looked back. Hope all that made sense.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby jarbo03 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:09 pm

From what I've seen, heard, and witnessed, I would give them a year or two to work out the kinks. Or buy an older A5.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby Tomkat » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:10 pm

I held a new one in Feb. It seemed like a nice gun, very light weight.
Tomkat

Postby IndianaMallard64 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:55 pm

jarbo03 wrote:From what I've seen, heard, and witnessed, I would give them a year or two to work out the kinks. Or buy an older A5.

The reason I asked is because I've been shooting old A5s my whole life, it's basically all my dad my grandpa and my great grandpa have ever shot, I come from a HUGE browning family! So I wanted to see if it was the same quality before I shelled out $1,500. What problems have you heard?
IndianaMallard64

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:47 pm

IndianaMallard64 wrote:
jarbo03 wrote:From what I've seen, heard, and witnessed, I would give them a year or two to work out the kinks. Or buy an older A5.

The reason I asked is because I've been shooting old A5s my whole life, it's basically all my dad my grandpa and my great grandpa have ever shot, I come from a HUGE browning family! So I wanted to see if it was the same quality before I shelled out $1,500. What problems have you heard?

Its definitely not the same gun. Its hard for me to go back to my old Auto 5 now but not impossible. I have had a problem with its feeding mechanism. Its a little over engineered.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:47 pm

That is not while it is shooting but originally loading it. Just to clarify.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Flightstopper » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:49 pm

I've only shot my A5 at clays for the most part and only time I break one is pure luck. Drives me crazy cause I love that old thing.
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby jehler » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:50 pm

Jr and I gave them a very hard look, only thing remotely close to the original auto 5 is the humped receiver, which is kind of a negative
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Flightstopper » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:57 pm

jehler wrote:Jr and I gave them a very hard look, only thing remotely close to the original auto 5 is the humped receiver, which is kind of a negative

Looking down it I feel like I could snipe anything from the sky. Once I'm shooting I think I'm having to hold my head up to see down the barrel and not down on the stock like I'm used to.
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby jarbo03 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:58 pm

I know of 2 people who have had FTC or FTF. A good friend of mine is a Browning freak, before buying my A5 Mag, I asked him what he thought of his. He said he would sell me his cheap, but woyld recommend an older model, he has went back to shooting his Silver.
They'll get it worked out soon.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

jarbo03

Postby Flightstopper » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:01 pm

jarbo03 wrote:I know of 2 people who have had FTC or FTF. A good friend of mine is a Browning freak, before buying my A5 Mag, I asked him what he thought of his. He said he would sell me his cheap, but woyld recommend an older model, he has went back to shooting his Silver.
They'll get it worked out soon.

Smart man, my silver has treated me very well.
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Flightstopper » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:02 pm

IndianaMallard64 wrote:I have been saving up for the new browning A5, just wondering if anybody has one or knows someone who does? Any input anybody has heard would be awesome! Thanks

Sorry to side track your thread, to be clear I have a older A5 and no experience with the new ones.
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Redbeard » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:33 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:Hope all that made sense.
it didn't. I don't think any gun, even my Benelli would shot fulla mud
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Redbeard » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:43 pm

I don't get why anyone wouldn't wanna get what's tried and true. When a new duck gun comes out, I wanna give it time to prove itself. When I got my SBE II i knew it was proven. It was either that, an Extrema or Silver. Shot the benelli and beretta and both and bought the one that felt better in my hands. The silver I never got to shoot. Looked at and played with the, at the time, new Vinci. Couldn't care less how it looked. It pointed great when I shouldered it. But it was new and unproven.
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Redbeard » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:44 pm

No loyalty to a certain maker. Grew up shooting a model 12 and A5
Redbeard

Postby jarbo03 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:00 pm

Redbeard wrote:No loyalty to a certain maker. Grew up shooting a model 12 and A5

Yep. Whatever works is good for me. Have many different brands in my gun case.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

jarbo03

Postby Tomkat » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:07 am

Redbeard wrote:I don't get why anyone wouldn't wanna get what's tried and true. When a new duck gun comes out, I wanna give it time to prove itself. When I got my SBE II i knew it was proven. It was either that, an Extrema or Silver. Shot the benelli and beretta and both and bought the one that felt better in my hands. The silver I never got to shoot. Looked at and played with the, at the time, new Vinci. Couldn't care less how it looked. It pointed great when I shouldered it. But it was new and unproven.

Yeah but Phil Robertson said the Vinchi was a great gun right after they came out. Isn't that good enough?

Oh yes, he likes Mossberg now, right?
Tomkat

Postby Redbeard » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:52 am

Tomkat wrote:
Redbeard wrote:I don't get why anyone wouldn't wanna get what's tried and true. When a new duck gun comes out, I wanna give it time to prove itself. When I got my SBE II i knew it was proven. It was either that, an Extrema or Silver. Shot the benelli and beretta and both and bought the one that felt better in my hands. The silver I never got to shoot. Looked at and played with the, at the time, new Vinci. Couldn't care less how it looked. It pointed great when I shouldered it. But it was new and unproven.

Yeah but Phil Robertson said the Vinchi was a great gun right after they came out. Isn't that good enough?

what?
Redbeard

Postby Tomkat » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:18 pm

Redbeard wrote:
Tomkat wrote:

what?

I am agreeing with you in TomKat speak
Tomkat

Postby 3legged_lab » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:43 pm

Tomkat wrote:

He likes whatever Willie signed a contract saying they like.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:09 pm

Redbeard wrote:
Tomkat wrote:

what?

I hear that Mossberg makes the same quality guns as Benelli, just a lot cheaper...

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Tomkat » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:13 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
Redbeard wrote:
Tomkat wrote:

what?

I hear that Mossberg makes the same quality guns as Benelli, just a lot cheaper...

Ha ha yeah they do.

Ground chuck is the same as prime rib, too.
Tomkat

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:00 pm

Tomkat wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
Redbeard wrote:
Tomkat wrote:

what?

Ha ha yeah they do.

Ground chuck is the same as prime rib, too.

That's what I'm sayin. :roll:

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby rebelp74 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:58 am

Do yourself a favor and get one of a400 guns. The new a5 is good but not beretta good.
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby jehler » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:23 am

We've ow put several hundred rounds through jr's a400, it's really nice, but it's no sbe2
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Return to The Shotgun Forum