Over Under Duck Guns

What scatter guns are you using?

Moderator: MOhuntingGuy

Over Under Duck Guns

Postby HighDesertDuck » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:11 pm

How's my other folks out there hunt with an O/U?

I hunt with mine because I shot clays before my buddy got me duck hunting, and only have the one gun. I'm happy with it although sometimes a third shot might be nice.
New Mexico: It's not new and It's not Mexico
HighDesertDuck

Re: Over Under Duck Guns

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:21 pm

In the past I've used a Beretta 686 Onyx and a SKB 585 Waterfowler.
I shot both pretty well, but found I valued the 3rd shot ability of my SBE to be to valuable to leave home.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Redbeard » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:21 pm

I've never hunted with one but shot plenty. I want a citori something fierce
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby jarbo03 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:33 pm

I enjoy hunting with my O/U, at times a 3rd shot would be helpful, but I seem to be a better shot when I know I only have 2.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:29 pm

Redbeard wrote:I've never hunted with one but shot plenty. I want a citori something fierce

I have only got to shoot one Citori and it was sweet. Easiest pointing gun I have ever used. I hope to get an older Citori and a Superposed to hunt with some day.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby jarbo03 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:32 pm

White Lightning 16ga is on my list
TAZ 2014-15 birds

jarbo03

Postby Bootlipkiller » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:33 pm

Redbeard wrote:I've never hunted with one but shot plenty. I want a citori something fierce

Gadwalls dad has 10 of them. I think he took a few from jimmy Hoffa when he killed him.:lol:
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby Redbeard » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:39 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:

Gadwalls dad has 10 of them. I think he took a few from jimmy Hoffa when he killed him.:lol:
daggum man. And what's Kev hunt with again...a mossberg???
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:41 pm

Redbeard wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:

daggum man. And what's Kev hunt with again...a mossberg???

That's the Robertson way.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Bootlipkiller » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:43 pm

AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby RickC » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:32 am

870, but about 30 years ago I hunted dove, quail, teal and big duck with a citori in 20ga. Loved that gun but it went along with everything else after a divorce. I miss the gun.
RickC

Postby BrewGUN » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:20 am

I used my tristar over under a few times, but with the heavier loads, the gun will let them both loose in one big kaboom! really rocks ya! I stopped using it for hunting, that third shot is handy sometimes for the retarded bird that comes in late behind all his friends that just died.
BrewGUN

Postby jarbo03 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:26 am

BrewGUN wrote:I used my tristar over under a few times, but with the heavier loads, the gun will let them both loose in one big kaboom! really rocks ya! I stopped using it for hunting, that third shot is handy sometimes for the retarded bird that comes in late behind all his friends that just died.

Most comfortable O/U i've ever shot. Mine did the same a few times,
TAZ 2014-15 birds

jarbo03

Postby BrewGUN » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:27 am

jarbo03 wrote:
BrewGUN wrote:I used my tristar over under a few times, but with the heavier loads, the gun will let them both loose in one big kaboom! really rocks ya! I stopped using it for hunting, that third shot is handy sometimes for the retarded bird that comes in late behind all his friends that just died.

Im waiting on a reply from tristar about replacing a broken extractor, pain in the ass to get replacement parts or fixed :(
BrewGUN

Postby jarbo03 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:30 am

BrewGUN wrote:
jarbo03 wrote:

Im waiting on a reply from tristar about replacing a broken extractor, pain in the ass to get replacement parts or fixed :(

I took mine to their service center in KC, were always great to deal with. I sold my 12, but have a 16 they've also fixed.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

jarbo03

Postby rebelp74 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:40 am

I've got a diamond pigeon 28ga, I use on the wood duck holes a lot.
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby BrewGUN » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:01 am

jarbo03 wrote:
BrewGUN wrote:
jarbo03 wrote:

I took mine to their service center in KC, were always great to deal with. I sold my 12, but have a 16 they've also fixed.

They're response time is rediculous, several days later just to reply to an email. If I can get it fixed ill probably just retire it to the skeet range, I've heard no amount of work to them fixes the double bang problem.
BrewGUN

Postby Rick » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:03 am

O/Us in a duck blind or pit - grrrrrrrr...
Rick

Postby jarbo03 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:19 am

BrewGUN wrote:
jarbo03 wrote:
BrewGUN wrote:
jarbo03 wrote:

They're response time is rediculous, several days later just to reply to an email. If I can get it fixed ill probably just retire it to the skeet range, I've heard no amount of work to them fixes the double bang problem.

Supposedly there was a run while being made that had a bad problem with the seers, I sold my 12 after being fixed. They fixed my 16 and it's been flawless for last 2 years. You need to call their service center, will prob talk to a gunsmith.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

jarbo03

Postby BrewGUN » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:26 am

jarbo03 wrote:Supposedly there was a run while being made that had a bad problem with the seers, I sold my 12 after being fixed. They fixed my 16 and it's been flawless for last 2 years. You need to call their service center, will prob talk to a gunsmith.

Part of me wants to sell it after gettin it fixed and another part of me wants to just keep it for light target loads. Problem is that its not worth all that much, so in order to step up to a nice O/U, its still gonna cost close to a grand plus whatever id get from the tristar.
BrewGUN

Postby jarbo03 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:32 am

BrewGUN wrote:
jarbo03 wrote:Supposedly there was a run while being made that had a bad problem with the seers, I sold my 12 after being fixed. They fixed my 16 and it's been flawless for last 2 years. You need to call their service center, will prob talk to a gunsmith.

Part of me wants to sell it after gettin it fixed and another part of me wants to just keep it for light target loads. Problem is that its not worth all that much, so in order to step up to a nice O/U, its still gonna cost close to a grand plus whatever id get from the tristar.

Sold mine for $550 or so, it was the Mag camo 3.5, CDNN and walmart routinely have the Win 101 for $999. I've used a Mossy O/U the last 3 years, it's been good to me.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

jarbo03

Postby Redbeard » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:56 am

Rick wrote:O/Us in a duck blind or pit - grrrrrrrr...
come on Rick. There'd be nothing cooler than seeing an O/U cracked over my shoulder as I walk through the marsh after a hunt, with my dog to my left and laughing at my buddies carrying their 870's
Redbeard

Postby assateague » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:44 am

BrewGUN wrote:

I'll give you $100, as is.
assateague

Postby BrewGUN » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:26 am

Bummer, this is thw email injust hot back
Curt,

Unfortunately, I have some bad news. We do have parts for all of our current firearms and some older model firearms, but your shotgun kind of runs into the category of a little bit too long ago. We imported your firearm back in 1996 from Turkey, manufactured by UZUMLU. This company has not been around since the early 2000's and parts have become very scarce. We did have a few parts left over from these models, but they were completely unfinished and it was a few years back. Since then we have given all of these parts to a company by the name of Numrich, aka Gun Parts. Without having to custom make the parts that you need for your shotgun your best bet in finding the parts that you need will be to contact Numrich directly and let them know what kind of shotgun you have and what parts you are needing.

Numrich - (845) 679-2417

We apologize that we could not be of further service to you.
BrewGUN

Postby assateague » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:56 am

$80, as is.
assateague

Postby capt1972 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:59 am

$60.00 and you pay shipping. It don't get any sweeter than that Jack!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby assateague » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:20 pm

Listen, fucker, this is my deal!
assateague

Postby capt1972 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:49 pm

assateague wrote:Listen, fucker, this is my deal!

Don't make me go to $40.00 cause I'll do it if I have to :popcorn:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby 3geese4me » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:54 pm

$59.99
http://www.facebook.com/BeakSquad

Gander Commander Pro-Staff for Waterfowlforum.net
US AIR FORCE PRO-STAFF
3geese4me

Postby capt1972 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:56 pm

3geese4me wrote:$59.99

Thats it! Just give it to me and I'll pay shipping. or you can hand deliver to NH and I'll take you hunting. Try and beat that fuckers!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Next

Return to The Shotgun Forum