Back from the club...

What scatter guns are you using?

Moderator: MOhuntingGuy

Back from the club...

Postby R. Chapman » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:08 pm

Well I was tearing them white flyers up. Ended running a 100 straight from my handicap yardage: 21. And someone snapped a good photo. I thought y'all would enjoy.

image.jpg

image.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
R. Chapman

Re: Back from the club...

Postby assateague » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:47 pm

Maybe that's why I'm not very good at shooting trap/skeet- because I keep my elbow down. If I ever had my elbow up that my high, first my grandfather and then my drill sergeant would have chewed my ass. Is that a common trap stance?
assateague

Postby jarbo03 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:51 pm

Seems normal for the shooting games, I do not shoot like that way either.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby R. Chapman » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:21 pm

assateague wrote:Maybe that's why I'm not very good at shooting trap/skeet- because I keep my elbow down. If I ever had my elbow up that my high, first my grandfather and then my drill sergeant would have chewed my ass. Is that a common trap stance?

Many techniques in trap, skeet, 5 stand, and sporting clays. but everybody needs to do what works for them. Since I have a good amount of flexibility in the shoulders and neck, I am able to have my elbow up that high. To myself, I feel like I have that gun locked up nice in the shoulder and can still have a smooth and consistent swing. Another thing that gets on the nerves of a lot of trapshooters is seeing how I shoot. I shoot them extremely fast out of the house. A lot of the times the kids scoring dont even know what happened cause I blew that white flyer 5 feet out of the house. I am blessed with having eyes like that of a chicken hawk. To me trap targets are way to slow even though they are set to throw 50 yards or 45 MPH.

Best Regards,

Rex Chapman
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby Goldfish » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:43 pm

That first picture is really nice. Congrats on 100

sent from a phancy fone
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Redbeard » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:11 pm

Rex Chapman: All Star
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:14 pm

Nice shooting Rex.

assateague wrote:Maybe that's why I'm not very good at shooting pintails - because I keep my elbow down, and treat them like clays. If I ever had my elbow up that my high, first my grandfather and then my drill sergeant would have chewed my ass, but I probably would have killed a pintail by now. Is that a common trap stance?

FIFY Assa...

And I see a lot of guys that use that stance around here.
rebelp74 wrote:Yeah I have a yacht, suck it bitches!

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:01 am

Feelin' Fowl wrote:Nice shooting Rex.

assateague wrote:Maybe that's why I'm not very good at shooting pintails - because I keep my elbow down, and treat them like clays. If I ever had my elbow up that my high, first my grandfather and then my drill sergeant would have chewed my ass, but I probably would have killed a pintail by now. Is that a common trap stance?

FIFY Assa...

And I see a lot of guys that use that stance around here.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Congrats Rex but that looks as uncomfortable as hell.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Return to The Shotgun Forum