Old shotgun

What scatter guns are you using?

Moderator: MOhuntingGuy

Old shotgun

Postby Tiler_J » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:47 pm

Just thought you guys might like to see a few pictures of this old trapdoor shotgun. I think it would still work, but I would be afraid to shoot it. It would be a great wall hanger, my wife hates the idea though, so it just sits in the safe.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Re: Old shotgun

Postby Tiler_J » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:48 pm

Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:50 pm

That's awesome. Definitely need to hang it up.

Sent from my Vox Mortem
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Redbeard » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:55 pm

Cool gun Joel. Any idea on the age?
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Westie25 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:06 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:That's awesome. Definitely need to hang it up.

Sent from my Vox Mortem

Agreed.
Westie25

Postby Tiler_J » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:45 pm

Redbeard wrote:Cool gun Joel. Any idea on the age?

Not sure, from searching around, it looks like it is a "Zulu Shotgun". An 1850-1900's french .74 or .75 caliber smooth bore musket, converted over to a breach loading shotgun. Neat looking gun, but not worth anything. I found a few online, $100-150.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:47 pm

Hang it up!
rebelp74 wrote:Yeah I have a yacht, suck it bitches!

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Postby Tiler_J » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:19 pm

Feelin' Fowl wrote:Hang it up!

I would hang it up in the cabin at my duck club, but I am afraid it would get stolen.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby Redbeard » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:42 pm

Tiler_J wrote:

I would hang it up in the cabin at my duck club, but I am afraid it would get stolen.
no way any thieves are gettin past that ole alcoholic dude that lives in his cabin on the club! He's sharp as a whistle
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Tiler_J » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:52 pm

Redbeard wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:

no way any thieves are gettin past that ole alcoholic dude that lives in his cabin on the club! He's sharp as a whistle

Haha! Yeah, that guy had a few too many one morning and had a run in with another member's kids. Ended up toe to toe with the kid's dad, he may or may not have threatened the dad's life, so he is gone.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby Redbeard » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:53 pm

Not shit huh
Redbeard

Postby jehler » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:25 pm

Tiler_J wrote:
Redbeard wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:

Haha! Yeah, that guy had a few too many one morning and had a run in with another member's kids. Ended up toe to toe with the kid's dad, he may or may not have threatened the dad's life, so he is gone.
sheesh, kind of an uptight club eh?
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Tiler_J » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:41 pm

jehler wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:
Redbeard wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:

It was the final straw for that guy. He told all the members the year before he was training with a high power sniper rifle and could take us out, in the blind, from his cabin. He was a little drunk and pissed off at the time.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby Redbeard » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:42 pm

Tiler_J wrote:
jehler wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:
Redbeard wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:[quote="Feelin' Fowl"]Hang it up!

It was the final straw for that guy. He told all the members the year before he was training with a high power sniper rifle and could take us out, in the blind, from his cabin. He was a little drunk and pissed off at the time.[/quote]surprised he didn't wind up face down in the meat pond!
Redbeard

Postby Tiler_J » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:49 pm

jehler wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:
Redbeard wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:

It was the final straw for that guy. He told all the members the year before he was training with a high power sniper rifle and could take us out, in the blind, from his cabin. He was a little drunk and pissed off at the time.[/quote]surprised he didn't wind up face down in the meat pond![/quote]
Screw that, I say prop him up over there, he might scare a few ducks to our club.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby Redbeard » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:54 pm

Ha!
Redbeard

Postby assateague » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:57 pm

Would've been funnier if somebody just coldcocked him the second the words were out of his mouth.
assateague

Postby ea oneal » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:07 pm

back to the gun! that i as cool as i have seen in along time. i like old gun,s it reminds me how it must have been to hunt long ago,and need to to make it count or go without.
ea oneal

Postby Tiler_J » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:15 am

ea oneal wrote:back to the gun! that i as cool as i have seen in along time. i like old gun,s it reminds me how it must have been to hunt long ago,and need to to make it count or go without.

Yeah, it is a neat old gun. There is some info out there about these guns, which is cool to read about. I wish I could find out the history of it. It started out as a French Military rifle, then was converted in Belgium, shipped over seas, and sold here in the U.S. It has been through quite a few people's hands before it ever got to mine.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Return to The Shotgun Forum