Another steal on a damn good deal...

What scatter guns are you using?

Moderator: MOhuntingGuy

Another steal on a damn good deal...

Postby R. Chapman » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:34 pm

Well just got back from a Widow Woman's garage sale. Ended up buying a Model 12 Trap that has a parallel comb and guess what...a solid rib for dirt cheap. It feels and seems to handle just like my 870 in the picture below. And I am going to miss out on duck hunting Saturday just to go shoot the son of a gun. Made in 1961, and the sucker has to be in 96% shape.

image.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Re: Another steal on a damn good deal...

Postby Eric Haynes » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:23 pm

R. Chapman wrote:Well just got back from a Widow Woman's garage sale. Ended up buying a Model 12 Trap that has a parallel comb and guess what...a solid rib for dirt cheap. It feels and seems to handle just like my 870 in the picture below. And I am going to miss out on duck hunting Saturday just to go shoot the son of a gun. Made in 1961, and the sucker has to be in 96% shape.

image.jpg

Looks closer to 94.7% to me, but what do I know.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:42 pm

If only it was a 16 you'd have the perfect dove gun.

Sent from my Vox Mortem
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby R. Chapman » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:45 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:If only it was a 16 you'd have the perfect dove gun.

Sent from my Vox Mortem

Gun shoots plenty high, you see a damn good amount of rib. My guess is it'll shoot 80/20. Never owned a 16 but it would be cool to have one.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:55 pm

R. Chapman wrote:

Sent from my Vox Mortem

Gun shoots plenty high, you see a damn good amount of rib. My guess is it'll shoot 80/20. Never owned a 16 but it would be cool to have one.

Is that 80% high and 20% low?

Sent from my Vox Mortem
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby R. Chapman » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:21 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:

Sent from my Vox Mortem

Is that 80% high and 20% low?

Sent from my Vox Mortem

Means 80% of the pattern is above the bead, 20% is below. Most field guns shoot 50/50 or 60/40.
R. Chapman

Postby ea oneal » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:28 pm

R. Chapman wrote:Well just got back from a Widow Woman's garage sale. Ended up buying a Model 12 Trap that has a parallel comb and guess what...a solid rib for dirt cheap. It feels and seems to handle just like my 870 in the picture below. And I am going to miss out on duck hunting Saturday just to go shoot the son of a gun. Made in 1961, and the sucker has to be in 96% shape.

image.jpg

very happy for you sir . i my self love old gun,s and the model 12 is one i own in 20,16,12. mine are not as nice as your,s.so tip o the hat to u
ea oneal

Postby R. Chapman » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:09 pm

I always did have a heart for old pumps. I also have a Model 12 made in 1931 in 20 gauge with a solid rib that I also got a great deal on. As well as one I rebuilt that was made in 1916.
R. Chapman

Return to The Shotgun Forum