qwick shotgun camo

What scatter guns are you using?

Moderator: MOhuntingGuy

qwick shotgun camo

Postby ea oneal » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:18 pm

010.JPG
009.JPG
well i used the old mod 11 for teal this year. as allway,s worked flawless. but i saw teal shy some . let the kid,s go out early and as was getting to blind saw a flash! it was my old shotgun . as it not a looker any how mixed wood an such .this is my fix.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
ea oneal

Re: qwick shotgun camo

Postby DC727 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:21 pm

The flash of a gun? Dear Lord were you dancing with it up in the air?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4
NuffDaddy wrote:Nigga ran that back like he had my VCR
DC727

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:28 pm

That makes me sad...

Camo job looks good though.

Sent from my Vox Mortem
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby ea oneal » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:47 pm

no we hunt a river . very narrow so we post up on bank.kid popped up to tell me to pick up a bird saw flash. and dont let pant upset u will come right off with thinner. want to have a full refinish done come summer . found some great matching wood .the gunsmith who will hot blue it full up but gave me a date to send part,s .after that dove gun only no more water .
ea oneal

Postby Tomkat » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:51 pm

I for one think that guns looks great.

its a tool, not a museum piece.

Good job on painting it.
Tomkat

Postby assateague » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:10 pm

x2
assateague

Postby ea oneal » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:29 pm

just what g-pa told us boy,s word for word clean it, oil it ,be damn careful with it the mistake u make it with a gun no way to undo it. he used it for everything .deer-00buck-ducks-4,s-dove 7-8,s turkey back to 4,s varment,s well that depended on size. beware of a man who has one gun !!! old dog was a shooter,miss em! :?
ea oneal

Postby RonE » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:51 pm

I know what you mean, ducks seeing the flash of a gun will flare every time.
Benelli Camo.jpg
Benelli Camo.jpg
Super-Duper SBE.jpg
RonJon 11.jpg
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby ea oneal » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:07 pm

thanx my step girl just saw that and well let,s just say !!!! who did it and how much ? as for the last part it really dont matter!!!
ea oneal

Postby IndianaMallard64 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:39 am

I'm saddened, camo looks legit though
IndianaMallard64

Postby RonE » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:01 am

ea oneal wrote:thanx my step girl just saw that and well let,s just say !!!! who did it and how much ? as for the last part it really dont matter!!!

It's called "Muddy Girl" and anyone that dips stuff can do it. Just the barrel cost $50 and I noticed it and liked it and said I would do my barrel. My buddy thought it was so ridiculous and gay that if I had it done, he would pay for it. Accomplished two things, got my barrel dipped and watched him part with $50. I am trying to start a trend.......friends so far have guns dipped in $100 bills, Bananas and different bright graphite colors.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby RonE » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:03 am

IndianaMallard64 wrote:I'm saddened, camo looks legit though

Time to enter the 21st Century.............
RonE

Postby ea oneal » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:52 am

ron u do it with a kit or have done ? i found kit,s, or she has i will say. also to let u woo n steel guy,s know the camo comes off with mineral oil .i have new wood the old stuff on the gun is rough .i will have a hot blue done later but i want to shoot it .i plenty of other stuff to use but i really like this old gun. no blueing left just shiney dark silver hue. one day it will be a cabnet queen but not till i make some memerys with it .i want my kid,s to see me use it like i saw my g-pa do ,mean,s more. i have other gun,s of his he never used. nice stuff just dont mean a lot .want the kid,s to feel the same way then the old gun get,s a good home.dumb to some im shure but i know my girl,s and yes i have girls. now as we hunt it,s dad,s can i shoot the 11some. that make,s me happy
ea oneal

Postby RonE » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:03 pm

ea oneal wrote:ron u do it with a kit or have done ? i found kit,s, or she has i will say. also to let u woo n steel guy,s know the camo comes off with mineral oil .i have new wood the old stuff on the gun is rough .i will have a hot blue done later but i want to shoot it .i plenty of other stuff to use but i really like this old gun. no blueing left just shiney dark silver hue. one day it will be a cabnet queen but not till i make some memerys with it .i want my kid,s to see me use it like i saw my g-pa do ,mean,s more. i have other gun,s of his he never used. nice stuff just dont mean a lot .want the kid,s to feel the same way then the old gun get,s a good home.dumb to some im shure but i know my girl,s and yes i have girls. now as we hunt it,s dad,s can i shoot the 11some. that make,s me happy

Our local taxidermy shop does dipping for guns and truck dash boards an interior trim pieces. Most popular by far is Mossy Oak DB but some of the other patterns are pretty cool. Yes, I understand that you can do it yourself but I lack the patience to read the instructions let alone do the job correctly.
RonE

Postby IndianaMallard64 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:47 pm

RonE wrote:

it doesnt mean u have to paint a perfectly good gun, if its time to go modern than why use 111 year old technology?
IndianaMallard64

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:21 pm

IndianaMallard64 wrote:
RonE wrote:

it doesnt mean u have to paint a perfectly good gun, if its time to go modern than why use 111 year old technology?

This.......Is a very good point.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby 3legged_lab » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:16 pm

I had the plastics on my motor dipped.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby RonE » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:52 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
IndianaMallard64 wrote:
RonE wrote:

Benelli SBE's (the first iteration) are notorious for the barrels rusting in a salt water environment. I oiled and greased after every hunt and still had a lot of surface rust after a hunt. The barrel is steel the receiver is almu alloy and the stocks are plastic so I had the barrel dipped. Mossy Oak and most other camo patterns are pretty dull and common. I keep my gun down until ready to shoot so why not have something a little on the far side? As for it being a perfectly good gun, you are right it is, however the finish on the barrel left a lot to be desired so I had it dipped and if you don't like it, kiss my ass......I'll still shoot more ducks than most of you.
RonE

Postby RonE » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:57 pm

3legged_lab wrote:I had the plastics on my motor dipped.

Too close to the beginning to start tearing my motor apart but I'm going to do the same thing, probably to match my shotgun barrel or some other ridiculous pattern and color. Going to be a February 2014 project.......

Your motor looks great! What brand and what kind of boat are you running........I have the ugliest Uncle J 18x54 that I have ever seen and a 36 hp ProDrive.
RonE

Postby 3legged_lab » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:16 am

RonE wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:I had the plastics on my motor dipped.

Too close to the beginning to start tearing my motor apart but I'm going to do the same thing, probably to match my shotgun barrel or some other ridiculous pattern and color. Going to be a February 2014 project.......

Your motor looks great! What brand and what kind of boat are you running........I have the ugliest Uncle J 18x54 that I have ever seen and a 36 hp ProDrive.

Its a mud buddy 45 with dual exhaust and I did a gasket match port job on the intake manifold on an Excel 1754 hull that I added pods to.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:30 am

RonE wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
IndianaMallard64 wrote:
RonE wrote:

Benelli SBE's (the first iteration) are notorious for the barrels rusting in a salt water environment. I oiled and greased after every hunt and still had a lot of surface rust after a hunt. The barrel is steel the receiver is almu alloy and the stocks are plastic so I had the barrel dipped. Mossy Oak and most other camo patterns are pretty dull and common. I keep my gun down until ready to shoot so why not have something a little on the far side? As for it being a perfectly good gun, you are right it is, however the finish on the barrel left a lot to be desired so I had it dipped and if you don't like it, kiss my ass......I'll still shoot more ducks than most of you.

What does this great monolog have to do with spray painting a Model 11? Seems like you are taking personal offense to us not liking the painting of someone else's gun.

To the OP I understand why you painted it and the fact that you plan on completely restoring it to its former glory is an awesome tribute. Also the fact that you plan on adding your own memories and history to the gun is what its all about. :thumbsup: I hope you don't take mine and IMs initial sadness as an offence.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby ea oneal » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:38 am

111 year old same as 1990,s a5 .and back to whati say wood,s suck,s blueing gone and i mean gone. found some really nice wood and have a date set up for a hot blue job. ol gun been hunten all it,s life and it show,s has no inlay not one thing fancy about it .it shoot,s great as i had it reworked last year and choke was done for steel the pant is to take some of the shine off and to deter any more pitting as for the dip my girl want,s it for one of her gun,s .she has a pink powder coated ar and it seem,s to hit what she shoot,s at pink or not. as for ur sadness i get it .same feeling i have if i see a nice old gun some one saw,s off
ea oneal

Postby IndianaMallard64 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:23 am

RonE wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
IndianaMallard64 wrote:
RonE wrote:

Who the fuck said I was even talking about ur pink gun, do whatever u want I was referring to the model 11, so before u go barking up my tree and get all "kiss my ass" let's be sure I'm talking to u. Paint whatever u want to, ur explanation seems legit
IndianaMallard64

Postby IndianaMallard64 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:26 am

ea oneal wrote:111 year old same as 1990,s a5 .and back to whati say wood,s suck,s blueing gone and i mean gone. found some really nice wood and have a date set up for a hot blue job. ol gun been hunten all it,s life and it show,s has no inlay not one thing fancy about it .it shoot,s great as i had it reworked last year and choke was done for steel the pant is to take some of the shine off and to deter any more pitting as for the dip my girl want,s it for one of her gun,s .she has a pink powder coated ar and it seem,s to hit what she shoot,s at pink or not. as for ur sadness i get it .same feeling i have if i see a nice old gun some one saw,s off

Ya man, I'm not mad at you or anything, in the end of the day it's ur gun! If u like it, you like it! Who gives a crap what I think haha
IndianaMallard64

Postby ea oneal » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:03 am

na not getten mad to old fer that. i take advice ,i hear what people say and mull it over,just dont let a lot get under my skin anymore .i got what u were sayen bud and do under stand .iv had this old gun for year,s last season kid,s over and we get all the stuff out start talken about what we need to get,what we want to buy and as allway,s girl,s started raggen on me about all old gear.some how the 11 got in the mix and i told em[ ill kill just as much as u with a 100year old gun.] bet,s were made. and i lost!! kid,s can shoot!! but out of all this i found out i like to shoot that old gun.so i spent a lil money to make sure it was steel safe and in good worken order want to find a full rib barrel for it in mod.with new wood and real blue job be a fair looker
ea oneal

Postby IndianaMallard64 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:32 pm

ea oneal wrote:na not getten mad to old fer that. i take advice ,i hear what people say and mull it over,just dont let a lot get under my skin anymore .i got what u were sayen bud and do under stand .iv had this old gun for year,s last season kid,s over and we get all the stuff out start talken about what we need to get,what we want to buy and as allway,s girl,s started raggen on me about all old gear.some how the 11 got in the mix and i told em[ ill kill just as much as u with a 100year old gun.] bet,s were made. and i lost!! kid,s can shoot!! but out of all this i found out i like to shoot that old gun.so i spent a lil money to make sure it was steel safe and in good worken order want to find a full rib barrel for it in mod.with new wood and real blue job be a fair looker

Good stuff man!
IndianaMallard64

Postby IndianaMallard64 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:34 pm

What ever happened to mr "kiss my ass", did he get embarrassed that we werent even talking to him
IndianaMallard64

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:36 pm

:popcorn:

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby RonE » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:08 pm

IndianaMallard64 wrote:What ever happened to mr "kiss my ass", did he get embarrassed that we werent even talking to him

How could I get embarrassed when I couldn't possibly know what or who you were talking about.........Notice in the upper right hand of most posts: "Reply with a quote". Try using that or try being a little more specific....Let me guess, you drink?
RonE

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:26 pm

RonE wrote:
IndianaMallard64 wrote:What ever happened to mr "kiss my ass", did he get embarrassed that we werent even talking to him

How could I get embarrassed when I couldn't possibly know what or who you were talking about.........Notice in the upper right hand of most posts: "Reply with a quote". Try using that or try being a little more specific....Let me guess, you drink?

Go back and read the posts. We both quoted you hoss......

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Return to The Shotgun Forum