Tip for Trap Shooting...

What scatter guns are you using?

Moderator: MOhuntingGuy

Re: Tip for Trap Shooting...

Postby NuffDaddy » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:05 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
(MT)Montanafowler wrote:if you can't hit something with a 3 foot circle of metal, you suck ass.

Now I know for sure you don't actually duck hunt.

Pic isn't showing for me.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:08 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
(MT)Montanafowler wrote:if you can't hit something with a 3 foot circle of metal, you suck ass.

Now I know for sure you don't actually duck hunt.

Pic isn't showing for me.

Don't try that.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby NuffDaddy » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:15 pm

Don't try what?
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:16 pm

Can you really not see it? It's Michael Kelso saying BURN!
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby NuffDaddy » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:22 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:Can you really not see it? It's Michael Kelso saying BURN!

Nope.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389669753.784468.jpg

Funny though.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:25 pm

I see. Mine does that all the time.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby R. Chapman » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:50 pm

(MT)Montanafowler wrote:i shot clay pigeons once, when i was like 12. most boring thing ever, and nothing like hunting. if you can't hit something with a 3 foot circle of metal, you suck ass.

My circle of metal is about 2 feet. :mrgreen:
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby NuffDaddy » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:52 pm

R. Chapman wrote:
(MT)Montanafowler wrote:i shot clay pigeons once, when i was like 12. most boring thing ever, and nothing like hunting. if you can't hit something with a 3 foot circle of metal, you suck ass.

My circle of metal is about 2 feet. :mrgreen:

Unless you're using 7.5s...then it's one millliiiioooon feet.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby R. Chapman » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:16 pm

In the Perazzi of mine, at 40 yards, it throws a handicap 7.5 load just under 25".
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby Tiler_J » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:45 pm

R. Chapman wrote:
Feelin' Fowl wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:
assateague wrote:I have no interest in shooting something I can't eat or sell.

What about make money? Handicap is where the big bucks are at in trap. Every year at the grand, they have a $100k handicap shoot off that invves the top ten shooters of the Grand week shooting off for that great prize that Bill and Lee Ann Martin donate every year.

What about lose money, and spending a lot of money while not improving your hunting skills the way that the other games do?

Depends on what skill your after to. I do a lot of jump shooting for ducks. Trap also can help for flushing upland birds going away from you. Any good amount of shooting is better than shooting 4 boxes a few months before the season and calling it good.

After duck season, my shotgun goes in the gun safe. Most years it doesn't come back out until the night before opening day of duck season. I don't see any reason to "practice".
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby T Man » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:08 am

R. Chapman wrote:In the Perazzi of mine, at 40 yards, it throws a handicap 7.5 load just under 25".

You do realize this is a duck hunting website and not a trap shooting site right? What a trap gun does with lead 7.5's is completely irrelevant.
Eric Haynes wrote:
I just Betty'd the timeframe to make me seem older than 56.
T Man

Postby rebelp74 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:09 am

Not to mention no one gives a fuck
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby R. Chapman » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:14 am

T Man wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:In the Perazzi of mine, at 40 yards, it throws a handicap 7.5 load just under 25".

You do realize this is a duck hunting website and not a trap shooting site right? What a trap gun does with lead 7.5's is completely irrelevant.

You do realize this is the shotgun forum right? What hevi-shot 7.5s in a duck gun does is completely relevant.
R. Chapman

Postby T Man » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:58 am

R. Chapman wrote:
You do realize this is the shotgun forum right? What hevi-shot 7.5s in a duck gun does is completely relevant.

Then try posting about shooting 7.5's out of a duck gun. :thumbsup:
Eric Haynes wrote:
T Man

Postby R. Chapman » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:16 pm

So what factory loads should I test through that Riot Gun at 20 yards? STSs, AAs, Gold Medals and Papers? Or the cheap stuff like Top Guns, Universals, or Gun Clubs?
R. Chapman

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:40 pm

Xperts, Federal Blue Box, Rio Blue Stell, Remington Sportsman...... Cause we shoot at ducks here.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby R. Chapman » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:47 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:Xperts, Federal Blue Box, Rio Blue Stell, Remington Sportsman...... Cause we shoot at ducks here.

That would be a sin to shoot steel in that Wingmaster. Only ones I can test for Steel is Xperts, Nitro Steel, and the Blue Box. None of the other stuff is locally in town. Which ones do you want me to test first? Can't be bigger than 3" if you want me to shoot it through the an express or 2 3-4" through an 1100. Give me a brand and choke to use and distance. Will more than gladly do it, just have to give me info.
R. Chapman

Postby T Man » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:57 pm

R. Chapman wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:Xperts, Federal Blue Box, Rio Blue Stell, Remington Sportsman...... Cause we shoot at ducks here.

That would be a sin to shoot steel in that Wingmaster. Only ones I can test for Steel is Xperts, Nitro Steel, and the Blue Box. None of the other stuff is locally in town. Which ones do you want me to test first? Can't be bigger than 3" if you want me to shoot it through the an express or 2 3-4" through an 1100. Give me a brand and choke to use and distance. Will more than gladly do it, just have to give me info.

Why not test what you hunt with, then keep the results to yourself. Every gun patterns different so knowing how your gun patterns is as important to me as knowing what jehlers midgets like for lunch.
Eric Haynes wrote:
T Man

Postby R. Chapman » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:20 pm

T Man wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:

Why not test what you hunt with, then keep the results to yourself. Every gun patterns different so knowing how your gun patterns is as important to me as knowing what jehlers midgets like for lunch.

Be careful, jehler might drop by your crib one day and have you baby sit. You might be fucked.
R. Chapman

Previous

Return to The Shotgun Forum