Best Choke Tubes for SBE2

What scatter guns are you using?

Moderator: MOhuntingGuy

Re: Best Choke Tubes for SBE2

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:13 am

Feelin' Fowl wrote:
mjo27 wrote:
RonE wrote:I have a couple of SBE's, not the SBE ii's so my chokes are not the same as the SBE ii's but if it means anything, I have all the factory chokes, some Briley chokes and some Wilson Precision chokes. Currently (last season) using a Wilson Precision IC extended choke. Most of the birds I shoot in the face, chest and legs as they are trying to land in the decoys. A few years ago when I was on a goose lease I shot geese with a Briley IM and thought it was great.

As far as extended chokes go, I don't see what 3/4" does for you but it looks pretty cool. If you can get a choke that is ported or slotted, it makes a lot more noise in the blind and looks really cool too.

My best advice would be to get an extended choke AND a barrel sticker, you can't miss with that set up.

IDK if i can take any advice from a guy with a pink gun… but thanks anyways haha

He kills ducks with that pink gun. Sometimes while wearing a Santa hat...

Or a sombrero.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby rebelp74 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:50 am

Patternmaster did great out of the one I had.
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:09 am

I shoot a Briley Mod and 3" 2s and have killed everything from Maine to Alaska. Great combo.

Welcome to the site!!
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Rick » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:50 am

Since Dan's already killed everything from Maine to Alaska, I'd forget new chokes and take up a new sport.

(But when there was still game to shoot, I managed fine with the Benelli factory modified for ducks and geese.)
Rick

Postby jehler » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:37 am

FYI there is no best choke for a gun, from load to load, different speeds, payloads, wads, size of shot... For most waterfowl situations a mid choke will get the job done, if you want to tweek on things and play with aftermarket chokes your going to have to pattern your loads on paper to see what's going on.
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby rebelp74 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:03 pm

jehler wrote:FYI there is no best choke for a gun, from load to load, different speeds, payloads, wads, size of shot... For most waterfowl situations a mid choke will get the job done, if you want to tweek on things and play with aftermarket chokes your going to have to pattern your loads on paper to see what's going on.

This is some of, if not, the best advice you'll get.
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:05 pm

Rick wrote:Since Dan's already killed everything from Maine to Alaska, I'd forget new chokes and take up a new sport.

(But when there was still game to shoot, I managed fine with the Benelli factory modified for ducks and geese.)

I have to be honest.

The only reason I shoot extended chokes is because its easier to tighten them when they shoot loose.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby 3legged_lab » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:29 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:
Rick wrote:Since Dan's already killed everything from Maine to Alaska, I'd forget new chokes and take up a new sport.

I have to be honest.

The only reason I shoot extended chokes is because its easier to tighten them when they shoot loose.

This is no shit true. Cant say that I've actually noticed a difference but when TSA confiscated my factory chokes and I had to buy replacements figured might as well buy extended.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby BrewGUN » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:18 am

DeadEye_Dan wrote:

I have to be honest.

You don't like stickin your finger in the barrel to tighten it?
BrewGUN

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:27 am

I only have one good eye, I can't afford to lose fingers too.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby RonE » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:38 am

DeadEye_Dan wrote:

I have to be honest.

Quarters work well as choke wrenches.......especially if you just need to tighten the choke in the field.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby 3legged_lab » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:38 am

If I went to the trouble to remember to have a quarter with me at all times while hunting I could just make sure I have my choke wrench instead.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Rick » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:05 pm

I've found it pretty easy just to let the tube rust in place and forget about it.
Rick

Postby assateague » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:54 pm

x2.
assateague

Postby hudson » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:47 pm

Try a kicks high flyer full
hudson

Postby greenheadsonly4848 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:48 pm

Crio thread Hevishot waterfowl choke mid or extended range