Trap Season Journal Thread...

What scatter guns are you using?

Moderator: MOhuntingGuy

Re: Trap Season Journal Thread...

Postby 3200 Man » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:04 pm

Chapman I was where you are not to long ago ( it seems ) even tho I do love shooting clay targets I couldn't afford
Both hunting and competitive shooting . There wasn't much money back then as Work came first as I became a money
whore and asked for all the over-time I could get . I needed it for my passion of hunting ( Waterfowl ) but I can tell you ,
you are making the right choice.....it will pay big dividends in the future !

Sporting Clays is more fun , anyhow ! :lol:
3200 Man

Postby R. Chapman » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:36 pm

I do enjoy shooting through a course of sporting clays every now and then. But for me, I think I will enjoy precision rifle shooting more. Right now, I'm waiting on my barrel from Bartlein and a stock from Bell & Carlson. I'm glad I made my money back and a little more when I sold the Perazzi and the 870 back up gun. Some went to vehicle maintenance and some other stuff. Little bit is going to go into F/Class shooting.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby 3200 Man » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:06 am

There is no doubt a guy favors what he does best . I'm just a rifle hunter so you are way over my head when you say F-Class .
I've watched a few matches as a friend shot his 2 PPC's ( 22 and 6mm ) and thought I could never get my heart-rate down that
low . But I learned a few things from him as he was a good friend with Bob Peace at the time . I ended up with his journals of
precision rifle shooting , which are fun to read and how to make the 3000 yd club on varmints . Other than that , I'm all ears
to how you fellas compete .

Around here people get pissed when I bring out my RWS to kill Bluejays and Crows ! :lol:
3200 Man

Postby R. Chapman » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:01 pm

3200 Man wrote:There is no doubt a guy favors what he does best . I'm just a rifle hunter so you are way over my head when you say F-Class .
I've watched a few matches as a friend shot his 2 PPC's ( 22 and 6mm ) and thought I could never get my heart-rate down that
low . But I learned a few things from him as he was a good friend with Bob Peace at the time . I ended up with his journals of
precision rifle shooting , which are fun to read and how to make the 3000 yd club on varmints . Other than that , I'm all ears
to how you fellas compete .

Around here people get pissed when I bring out my RWS to kill Bluejays and Crows ! :lol:

What F-Class is is high power/palma shooting except you get to use a scope, front and rear support, and some others.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby 3200 Man » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:09 am

I've gotten to old to worry about one hole so I've switched to 30" patterns......and trying to stay inside the curly hairs ! :lol:
3200 Man

Postby R. Chapman » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:04 am

:lol:
R. Chapman

Previous

Return to The Shotgun Forum