Re: Off - season repairs?

Postby assateague » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:59 pm

3legged_lab wrote:
assateague wrote:
gila-river wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:
gila-river wrote:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396834464.609260.jpg

I've got an 870 to finish. It's a 1959 wing master. Just needs a barrel. I am going to paint it camo from a thread on TOS. Looking forward to finishing it. It is replacing a gun stolen from me a month before last seasons opener.

Do a little tutorial over here when you do the paint job, I've been toying with the idea of painting the boys 20 ga this summer.

You got it tripod. The guy over there did a badass job it looks great. The hand painted reeds worry me but I'll let you know how it goes.

It's a piece of cake. I did mine and my wife's, and they came out great. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Does the paint hold up very well? I'm mostly curious about the prep on the gun and the type of paint that will last.

I did mine 4 years ago, and it's held up great. I wiped it down with acetone, and used gray auto primer. Then the Krylon ultra flat tan as a base. Used all Krylon spray, and Behr little sample sizes for the reeds. It's all still on there, no probs at all.
assateague

Postby R. Chapman » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:00 pm

The reason why a .22 short is the best defense round against a bear when you're with someone.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:15 pm

R. Chapman wrote:The reason why a .22 short is the best defense round against a bear when you're with someone.

Ok. Some people use outriggers to troll for trout.
assateague wrote:Put that in your huff-n-puffer and smoke it, shootin' boy.
ducks~n~bucks

Postby R. Chapman » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:41 pm

ducks~n~bucks wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:The reason why a .22 short is the best defense round against a bear when you're with someone.

No clue what an outrigger is.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby Bootlipkiller » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:45 pm

R. Chapman wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:

How about humble, or modest? Ever heard those terms or used them in a sentence? :lol:
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:49 pm

R. Chapman wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:

Nevermind, I was thinking of planer boards.
ducks~n~bucks

Postby R. Chapman » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:07 am

ducks~n~bucks wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:

Still have no idea what you are talking about. :lol: Not much of a fisherman.
R. Chapman

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:27 am

R. Chapman wrote:Still have no idea what you are talking about. :lol: Not much of a fisherman.

Your post about the .22 short came out of nowhere, so I decided to post about some random ass thing as well. To use the planer boards for trout, you hook them up like in the diagram I posted. The for bait at the end of the line you hook a arctic fox trolling fly on a leader with a wigglefin in front of it, and hook that leader to either a flasher or a ford fender, and pull that behind the planer board.
ducks~n~bucks

Postby R. Chapman » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:31 am

ducks~n~bucks wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:Still have no idea what you are talking about. :lol: Not much of a fisherman.

Your post about the .22 short came out of nowhere, so I decided to post about some random ass thing as well. To use the planer boards for trout, you hook them up like in the diagram I posted. The for bait at the end of the line you hook a arctic fox trolling fly on a leader with a wigglefin in front of it, and hook that leader to either a flasher or a ford fender, and pull that behind the planer board.

So the reason why you carry a .22 short when in bear country with a partner is you don't have to worry about out running the bear, just your friend. Put one in his thigh and start busting ass to get out of there.
R. Chapman

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:34 am

R. Chapman wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:

So the reason why you carry a .22 short when in bear country with a partner is you don't have to worry about out running the bear, just your friend. Put one in his thigh and start busting ass to get out of there.

Yeah, I get that part, it's just a random ass post in this thread.
ducks~n~bucks

Postby R. Chapman » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:35 am

ducks~n~bucks wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:

Yeah, I get that part, it's just a random ass post in this thread.

Well that's how you settle who gets the bird if both of you shot it. You get to see who's paster with a pocket rocket.
R. Chapman

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:37 am

That sounds pretty gay.
ducks~n~bucks

Postby R. Chapman » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:40 am

ducks~n~bucks wrote:That sounds pretty gay.

As a bag of dicks? Nope. Not a chance in hell. :lol:
R. Chapman

Postby 3legged_lab » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:42 am

Bootlipkiller wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:

How about humble, or modest? Ever heard those terms or used them in a sentence? :lol:

Excellent point that got completely ignored.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby assateague » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:37 am

This is the best argument against a youth forum I can think of.
assateague

Postby Woody » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:46 am

assateague wrote:This is the best argument against a youth forum I can think of.

:lol: :lol:
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby ea oneal » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:05 pm

camo job I did on my old mod 11 going away. found some fair wood so Im stripping it down and trying my first hot blue :? hope it works .iv only done cold blue so we will see
ea oneal

Postby RonE » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:13 pm

ea oneal wrote:camo job I did on my old mod 11 going away. found some fair wood so Im stripping it down and trying my first hot blue :? hope it works .iv only done cold blue so we will see

We blued gun parts in High School in 1961-2. Don't remember the entire process but we made our bluing tank out of a Buick straight eight valve cover. As I recall, the striping and polishing was much harder than the bluing process. Our Auto Shop teacher was a gunsmith and we made fire arms in Auto Shop after school.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby aunt betty » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:49 pm

R. Chapman wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:

Still have no idea what you are talking about. :lol: Not much of a fisherman.
we know. You said walleye is bad.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby ea oneal » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:41 pm

RonE wrote:
ea oneal wrote:camo job I did on my old mod 11 going away. found some fair wood so Im stripping it down and trying my first hot blue :? hope it works .iv only done cold blue so we will see

We blued gun parts in High School in 1961-2. Don't remember the entire process but we made our bluing tank out of a Buick straight eight valve cover. As I recall, the striping and polishing was much harder than the bluing process. Our Auto Shop teacher was a gunsmith and we made fire arms in Auto Shop after school.

the blueing salts I have came from brownells .have fair how to sheet .seems fairly easy .cut my dowels to plug barrel today,so ill try it later this week .want a dull dark blue .the shine was why I camo panted it .hunt a pocket on the river for woodys a lot and thay are pretty sharp eyed .I have a number of shotguns I just like hunting with this old gun
ea oneal

Postby RonE » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:05 pm

ea oneal wrote:
RonE wrote:

the blueing salts I have came from brownells .have fair how to sheet .seems fairly easy .cut my dowels to plug barrel today,so ill try it later this week .want a dull dark blue .the shine was why I camo panted it .hunt a pocket on the river for woodys a lot and thay are pretty sharp eyed .I have a number of shotguns I just like hunting with this old gun

If you can, please post pictures of the process and the finished product. :thumbsup:
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby ea oneal » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:49 pm

you got it. looking for a tank ,you gave me a idea im picking up a 6cyl ford valve cover and welding up the holes and sand blasting it for my tank .as I understand I need to put salts in it and blue the tank so the salts wont weaken for the blueing of the parts .it also seems temp of salts is pretty important.prep also seems to be a big part. like I say all new to me but something iv wanted to get into .I get this down I have some pistols and a old ruger over and under ill give a go .
ea oneal

Postby Flightstopper » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:57 am

Got tired of bumpers ruling around the truck so just slapped this together.

[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1397581043192.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1397581061313.jpg[/attachment]
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Rick » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:07 pm

Mighty fancy. But mine doubles as a seat and will even haul that bucket of rocks folks say I'm dumber than.
Rick

Postby Flightstopper » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:29 pm

Rick wrote:Mighty fancy. But mine doubles as a seat and will even haul that bucket of rocks folks say I'm dumber than.

Haha, was just going to be a square box til I saw the angles and wanted to play.
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby ea oneal » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:48 am

pulled the paint off the stock and starting a sanded in finish .just to let you guys know it ain't as easy as larry potter makes it look ill post some pics of the wood after done
ea oneal

Postby Redbeard » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:38 pm

Started sanding down the ole scull boat today
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Redbeard » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:39 pm

Flightstopper wrote:Got tired of bumpers ruling around the truck so just slapped this together.

kennel I'm the back seat huh
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Flightstopper » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:42 pm

Redbeard wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:Got tired of bumpers ruling around the truck so just slapped this together.

kennel I'm the back seat huh

Mama's order.
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby R. Chapman » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:34 pm

Pretty soon I'm taking the 8mm into the gunsmith to have him true the action and bolt, as well as lap the lugs and cut a new crown.
R. Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to The Shotgun Forum