Off - season repairs?

What scatter guns are you using?

Moderator: MOhuntingGuy

Off - season repairs?

Postby MOhuntingGuy » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:30 am

Does anybody have any plans on the off season to make their next season go smoother?

I got about halfway through this last season and my beretta started having issues cycling. It would fire the first shot, eject the empty and pick up a fresh one but not close all the way. I thought it was due to me not cleaning it. Got home, cleaned and lightly oiled everything including the recoil spring in the stock and what do you know, still having issues. Had to crack out the good ole o/u stoeger to finish out. I plan on buying and installing a wolf spring kit for it. I also plan on finding a sporting clays course to keep the dust off.

Anybody else?
"There's something about sitting in a duck blind by the lake, staring zen like at the sky hour after after, then blasting one of Gods creatures out of the air. Man that is a great time." - Anthony Bourdain
MOhuntingGuy
WFF Forum Moderator

Re: Off - season repairs?

Postby R. Chapman » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:39 am

If you shot an 870, you wouldn't be having these problems.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby MOhuntingGuy » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:44 am

R. Chapman wrote:If you shot an 870, you wouldn't be having these problems.

I've got an 870. But it's set up for only one kind of hunting season.
"There's something about sitting in a duck blind by the lake, staring zen like at the sky hour after after, then blasting one of Gods creatures out of the air. Man that is a great time." - Anthony Bourdain
MOhuntingGuy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby R. Chapman » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:45 am

MOhuntingGuy wrote:

I've got an 870. But it's set up for only one kind of hunting season.

That would be?????
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby MOhuntingGuy » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:49 am

Snow goose! Even though I rarely go for them.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
MOhuntingGuy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Rick » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:35 am

Someone should have explained that to the bunghole responsible for my 870's for shit chamber milling.
Rick

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:37 am

Rick wrote:

Someone should have explained that to the bunghole responsible for my 870's for shit chamber milling.

:lol: Your 870 looks like a relic.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Rick » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:47 am

Relic??? I'll have you know I bought it new in the box for $70 from a guy who wanted a bag of dope more than he wanted his Christmas present. (Offered it back to his dad for what I was in it and was told to keep it, his son would just steal it and sell it again for more dope.)
Rick

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:51 am

Rick wrote:Relic??? I'll have you know I bought it new in the box for $70 from a guy who wanted a bag of dope more than he wanted his Christmas present. (Offered it back to his dad for what I was in it and was told to keep it, his son would just steal it and sell it again for more dope.)

I've seen the pictures of it. Looks like an 1897 that went through WWI.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Olly » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:56 am

I want to re-do the guide bunks on my trailer and add some of those white post and move the trailer lights up further before next season. Not really duck hunting related but something I want to do to the duck boat.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby RonE » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:59 am

I have a BPS that I want to sell but it doesn't feed reliably so I need to get it fixed before I sell it.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby R. Chapman » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:16 am

MOhuntingGuy wrote:Snow goose! Even though I rarely go for them.

Nice! Holy shit that's a long magazine tube extension. How long is th plug?! :lol:
R. Chapman

Postby MOhuntingGuy » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:04 pm

R. Chapman wrote:

Nice! Holy shit that's a long magazine tube extension. How long is th plug?! :lol:

Don't have one! But I'll probably make one out of a dowel rod because it's the only 3 1/2 gun I have and it patterns awesome at 50 yards for turkey hunting.
MOhuntingGuy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:26 pm

MOhuntingGuy wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:

Don't have one! But I'll probably make one out of a dowel rod because it's the only 3 1/2 gun I have and it patterns awesome at 50 yards for turkey hunting.

The game warden is gonna shit when he see's you. He'll probably be even more pissed when he finds out your legal. :lol:
assateague wrote:Put that in your huff-n-puffer and smoke it, shootin' boy.
ducks~n~bucks

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:36 pm

MOhuntingGuy wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:

Yall gotta have plugs for turkey season?

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby MOhuntingGuy » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:11 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
MOhuntingGuy wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:

Yep. Same as all the other seasons. 1 in the chamber and 2 in the mag. I'll probably just make it hold one in the mag.
MOhuntingGuy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:08 pm

MOhuntingGuy wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
MOhuntingGuy wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:

Yep. Same as all the other seasons. 1 in the chamber and 2 in the mag. I'll probably just make it hold one in the mag.

Interesting, we don't have to have one.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Redbeard » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:13 pm

This
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396822398.680426.jpg

And this
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396822413.182120.jpg

Will keep me plenty busy
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby 3legged_lab » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:20 pm

Redbeard wrote:This
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396822398.680426.jpg

And this
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396822413.182120.jpg

Will keep me plenty busy

Haha love that pic of cadee
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby 3legged_lab » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:22 pm

Olly wrote:I want to re-do the guide bunks on my trailer and add some of those white post and move the trailer lights up further before next season. Not really duck hunting related but something I want to do to the duck boat.

Ive said it plenty of times but I highly recommend bunk sliders, carpeted bunks are for the birds. Its not an issue in the south I guess but I used to have problems in late season with boat freezing to the carpet.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:07 pm

3legged_lab wrote:
Olly wrote:I want to re-do the guide bunks on my trailer and add some of those white post and move the trailer lights up further before next season. Not really duck hunting related but something I want to do to the duck boat.

Ive said it plenty of times but I highly recommend bunk sliders, carpeted bunks are for the birds. Its not an issue in the south I guess but I used to have problems in late season with boat freezing to the carpet.

I have bunk sliders...

I said guide bunks. The ones on the side.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby 3legged_lab » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:17 pm

Olly wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:

I have bunk sliders...

Oh me so sorry...
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:19 pm

3legged_lab wrote:
Olly wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:

I have bunk sliders...

Oh me so sorry...

:lol: I do like the bunk sliders tho good tip for anyone that doesn't have them.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby 3legged_lab » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:26 pm

My trailer doesnt have the side bunks, just the vertical guides with 2" pvc slid over.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:27 pm

3legged_lab wrote:My trailer doesnt have the side bunks, just the vertical guides with 2" pvc slid over.

I'm thinking I'll remove my side bucks all together and just go with the vertical guides.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby 3legged_lab » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:34 pm

Olly wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:My trailer doesnt have the side bunks, just the vertical guides with 2" pvc slid over.

I'm thinking I'll remove my side bucks all together and just go with the vertical guides.

I like the vertical guide especially on boat ramps that have a steeper angle. Mine is a super simple design if you want some pics.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:36 pm

3legged_lab wrote:
Olly wrote:

I like the vertical guide especially on boat ramps that have a steeper angle. Mine is a super simple design if you want some pics.

Post them up.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby 3legged_lab » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:38 pm

Ill go out to the garage and take some pics in a minute.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby gila-river » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:37 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396834464.609260.jpg

I've got an 870 to finish. It's a 1959 wing master. Just needs a barrel. I am going to paint it camo from a thread on TOS. Looking forward to finishing it. It is replacing a gun stolen from me a month before last seasons opener.
EAT YOUR VEGETABLES

#coonass in the cactus
gila-river

Postby Redbeard » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:39 pm

gila-river wrote:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396834464.609260.jpg

I've got an 870 to finish. It's a 1959 wing master. Just needs a barrel. I am going to paint it camo from a thread on TOS. Looking forward to finishing it. It is replacing a gun stolen from me a month before last seasons opener.
yeah buddy! Been contemplating giving my benelli a fresh paint job

Sorry bout the stolen gun though
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Next

Return to The Shotgun Forum