What scatter guns are you using?

Moderator: MOhuntingGuy

Re: H&R Excell shotgun

Postby R. Chapman » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:37 pm

sws002 wrote:
Juice Box wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:
Juice Box wrote:
waterfowlmaniac wrote:Anyone have any experience with this shotgun? Good bad? Thinking about getting it for the girlfriend.

I have one and I've had good luck with it. If they offered it in a 3 1/2" model if get one.

Nebraska is calling you a liar. Your gun is a piece of shit bro

Good for Nebraska

See, that wasn't so hard was it? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though. There are a metric shit ton of damn good used semi-autos out there for damn near the same money. I paid $400 for my SX2 used and I'd bet it hadn't had 100 rds through it. I picked up two (one for me, one for Jarbo) Browning Silvers for $600 a pop brand new. There are WAY better deals to be had. I said it once and I'm sticking to it, the Chinese do a lot of things very well, making guns is not one of them.

The Turks can be added in that group.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby assateague » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:05 am

I'm gonna buy an H&R Excel, kill a pintail with it, and then smash it to pieces, Pete Townshend style.
assateague

Postby Bootlipkiller » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:30 am

assateague wrote:I'm gonna buy an H&R Excel, kill a pintail with it, and then smash it to pieces, Pete Townshend style.

They will kill a pintail
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby Glimmerjim » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:36 am

assateague wrote:I'm gonna buy an H&R Excel, kill a pintail with it, and then smash it to pieces, Pete Townshend style.

:lol: :lol: Sneak a couple of copper plated lead 3 1/2" turkey shells in your decoy bag, at. You can bring down a sprig at 80 yds all day! :lol: :lol:
Glimmerjim

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:53 am

You're not even trying to make Assafacts believable anymore!
rebelp74 wrote:Yeah I have a yacht, suck it bitches!

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Postby 3legged_lab » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:26 pm

assateague wrote:
sws002 wrote:
assateague wrote:But do they also outsell the others 2 to 1? If so, the percentages work out just about right, and it's a wash.

How do you figure? To the best of my knowledge, we have never sent a Franchi back for repair in the two years I've been working there (same time frame as the newer line has been out) and we have sent a metric shit ton of H&R's. I'd bet we've sold around 20 Franchi's in that time frame, and I can promise you that if I've sold 20 H&R's, at the very least 5 of those are going to come back for repairs, some multiple times.

I was just saying that if they account for half of the returns, but over half of the sales, then it seems that they're actually more reliable, on a percentage basis. If you sell 100 Freedom Group guns and 10 Benellis, and have 15 repairs, 13 of which are Freedom Group, they're still doing better than the other, 13% vs. 20%, based on sales volume.

I really have no dog in this fight, as I'm never buying a high-dollar gun, or even an autoloader, for that matter. Just like arguing numbers is all. Just stands to reason that on a statistical basis, cheap guns will come back for repairs far more often for the simple reason that far more of them are sold.

13% chance vs. 20% chance? What is this kinda talk? It's a 50/50 chance no matter what.

You already have my address to send the t-shirt to.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby assateague » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:52 pm

No, no, no. The 50/50 applies before the fact. After the fact, it's perfectly fine to analyze the numbers, especially of it's for argument's sake :lol:
assateague

Postby 3legged_lab » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:11 pm

assateague wrote:No, no, no. The 50/50 applies before the fact. After the fact, it's perfectly fine to analyze the numbers, especially of it's for argument's sake :lol:

You just stepped on your own dick, admit it.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby assateague » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:35 pm

Nope.
assateague

Postby Ironwill539 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:26 pm

I've had a few shotguns over the years, and I have to say the new 3.5" browning A5 "come hell or high water" is hands down the best shotgun I've ever shot. It points extremely well and shoots phenomenally. I have to say I've shot a Benelli SBE II & a Beretta A400 extreme and I'll take my browning every time over those.
I also have had some single shot break opens and for grouse I'll take my Winchester single shot 410 or a H&R 410. If you're on a budget a H&R or Winchester break open will get the job done.
If money isn't an option I highly recommend the new Browning A5 in my opinion it's the best gun you can get. Again it's just my opinion but buy what fits & points the best without looking at brand or price.
Ironwill539

Previous

Return to The Shotgun Forum