Vinci or sx3

What scatter guns are you using?

Moderator: MOhuntingGuy

Vinci or sx3

Postby Heavyfowler91 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:19 am

I'm currently shooting a benelli Vinci like the gun a lot besides how u gotta take most of it apart
To thoroughly clean the barrel... Thought about trading it for an sx3 in 3 1/2" chamber since my
Vinci only shoots 3" what's yalls opinion on the sx3 or should I just keep my vinci... Although inertia
Is nice cause it's cleaner than the gas sx3
Heavyfowler91
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 6:05 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Vinci or sx3

Postby Deltaman » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:00 pm

Save your money and stick with the 3" Vinci. 3 1/2" shells are overrated, and there are very few instances where they are needed. In addition, the 3 1/2" chambered guns are heavier.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
User avatar
Deltaman
 
Posts: 1002
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:55 am
Location: Mobile, AL

Re: Vinci or sx3

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:56 pm

Keep the Vinci. I'm not fond of any of Benelli's auto lineup but inertia is the way to go.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.


WFF Prostaff
User avatar
The Duck Hammer
 
Posts: 14013
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:42 pm
Location: The Chicken House

Re: Vinci or sx3

Postby Heavyfowler91 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:33 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:Keep the Vinci. I'm not fond of any of Benelli's auto lineup but inertia is the way to go.


That's what I'll do then... What gun do u use ??
Heavyfowler91
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 6:05 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Vinci or sx3

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:03 pm

Heavyfowler91 wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:Keep the Vinci. I'm not fond of any of Benelli's auto lineup but inertia is the way to go.


That's what I'll do then... What gun do u use ??


Browning A5 with 3" chamber.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.


WFF Prostaff
User avatar
The Duck Hammer
 
Posts: 14013
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:42 pm
Location: The Chicken House

Re: Vinci or sx3

Postby hudson » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:04 pm

SX3 is a great gun, love mine
User avatar
hudson
 
Posts: 3136
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:52 pm
Location: sw louisiana

Re: Vinci or sx3

Postby R. Chapman » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:08 pm

I liked my Benelli M2 when I had one. I'll buy one again.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman
 
Posts: 6135
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:48 pm
Location: Helena, MT

Re: Vinci or sx3

Postby DukMan » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:48 pm

Browning A5 with 3 1/2" shoots like a dream and is also a kinetic drive system… I LOVE mine
2017 Totals

5 Canadian Geese
17 Mallards
2 Wood Ducks
12 Northern Shovelers
5 BW Teal
2 GW Teal
1 Canvasback
1 Lesser Scaup
24 Doves
8 Pigeons
User avatar
DukMan
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:02 am
Location: SE Wisconsin

Re: Vinci or sx3

Postby ohioduck » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:42 am

The Duck Hammer wrote:
Heavyfowler91 wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:Keep the Vinci. I'm not fond of any of Benelli's auto lineup but inertia is the way to go.


That's what I'll do then... What gun do u use ??


Browning A5 with 3" chamber.


New A5?
I hate being Bi-polar, It's awesome.
User avatar
ohioduck
 
Posts: 797
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:43 am
Location: By the bacon

Re: Vinci or sx3

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:21 am

ohioduck wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
Heavyfowler91 wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:Keep the Vinci. I'm not fond of any of Benelli's auto lineup but inertia is the way to go.


That's what I'll do then... What gun do u use ??


Browning A5 with 3" chamber.


New A5?


Absolutely. I didn't say Auto 5.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.


WFF Prostaff
User avatar
The Duck Hammer
 
Posts: 14013
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:42 pm
Location: The Chicken House

Re: Vinci or sx3

Postby ohioduck » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:23 am

The Duck Hammer wrote:
ohioduck wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
Heavyfowler91 wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:Keep the Vinci. I'm not fond of any of Benelli's auto lineup but inertia is the way to go.


That's what I'll do then... What gun do u use ??


Browning A5 with 3" chamber.


New A5?


Absolutely. I didn't say Auto 5.


:D . I waiting for a used 3 in gun to pop up somewhere locally. No one here has one.
I hate being Bi-polar, It's awesome.
User avatar
ohioduck
 
Posts: 797
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:43 am
Location: By the bacon

Re: Vinci or sx3

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:05 pm

ohioduck wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
ohioduck wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
Heavyfowler91 wrote:[quote="The Duck Hammer"]Keep the Vinci. I'm not fond of any of Benelli's auto lineup but inertia is the way to go.


That's what I'll do then... What gun do u use ??


Browning A5 with 3" chamber.


New A5?


Absolutely. I didn't say Auto 5.


:D . I waiting for a used 3 in gun to pop up somewhere locally. No one here has one.[/quote]

Based on the used 3" ones I've seen just buy new. The discount is little to none even after the 3 1/2 came out. I go to tons of gun stores and Cabela's all the time at school and I've only seen a handful of used ones all over $1100.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.


WFF Prostaff
User avatar
The Duck Hammer
 
Posts: 14013
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:42 pm
Location: The Chicken House

Re: Vinci or sx3

Postby ohioduck » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:07 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
Based on the used 3" ones I've seen just buy new. The discount is little to none even after the 3 1/2 came out. I go to tons of gun stores and Cabela's all the time at school and I've only seen a handful of used ones all over $1100.



I seen one used one in camo at Cableas, I'm holding out for a blued one. If you're right though I'll end up w a new one. Anything you don't like about it?
I hate being Bi-polar, It's awesome.
User avatar
ohioduck
 
Posts: 797
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:43 am
Location: By the bacon

Re: Vinci or sx3

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:23 pm

ohioduck wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
Based on the used 3" ones I've seen just buy new. The discount is little to none even after the 3 1/2 came out. I go to tons of gun stores and Cabela's all the time at school and I've only seen a handful of used ones all over $1100.



I seen one used one in camo at Cableas, I'm holding out for a blued one. If you're right though I'll end up w a new one. Anything you don't like about it?


Nothing. I need to work with the adjustment shims but other than that I've had no issues with it. I wish I would have gone blue and walnut instead of camo though.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.


WFF Prostaff
User avatar
The Duck Hammer
 
Posts: 14013
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:42 pm
Location: The Chicken House

Re: Vinci or sx3

Postby ohioduck » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:47 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
ohioduck wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
Based on the used 3" ones I've seen just buy new. The discount is little to none even after the 3 1/2 came out. I go to tons of gun stores and Cabela's all the time at school and I've only seen a handful of used ones all over $1100.



I seen one used one in camo at Cableas, I'm holding out for a blued one. If you're right though I'll end up w a new one. Anything you don't like about it?


Nothing. I need to work with the adjustment shims but other than that I've had no issues with it. I wish I would have gone blue and walnut instead of camo though.


Good to know. They did a nice job on the finish on those guns.
I hate being Bi-polar, It's awesome.
User avatar
ohioduck
 
Posts: 797
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:43 am
Location: By the bacon

Re: Vinci or sx3

Postby Steele22 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:00 pm

Super Vinci. 3-1/2 are nice with steel shot cause it sucks. Depends on how/where you hunt too though.
HIGDON OUTDOORS
User avatar
Steele22
 
Posts: 933
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:53 pm
Location: East by damn TN

Re: Vinci or sx3

Postby Heavyfowler91 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:56 pm

Steele22 wrote:Super Vinci. 3-1/2 are nice with steel shot cause it sucks. Depends on how/where you hunt too though.


I never had a problem kill anything within 50 yards with 3" loads... My buddy shoots a 10 gauge talks it up an down but I can't tell how much better it can kill then my 3" vinci. Although bein a good shot helps... I was just thinkin about lookin for a change but.. I shouldered an a5 didn't like the flat rib felt like it blocked your field of view
Heavyfowler91
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 6:05 pm
Location: Pennsylvania


Return to The Shotgun Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests