Choke recommendation

What scatter guns are you using?

Moderator: MOhuntingGuy

Re: Choke recommendation

Postby parsonrider » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:58 pm

Try contacting Carlson's, if I remember correctly Baikal used their own thread pattern. If the chokes are marked lead only, I would ask about the barrels also, if they are alright. Carlson's has an extensive listing on their website for choke tube interchange, and they will also give you info by phone. :popcorn:
Diplomacy: The art of telling a man to go to @#$%, and making them look forward to the trip.
May those that love us, love us. And those that don't, may God turn the heart. But if he can't turn their heart, may he turn their ankle so we'll know them by their limping.
parsonrider

Postby Darren » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:16 pm

Yea I'd give them a call, you could also try Briley but Carlson going to be a little cheaper.
Darren

Postby parsonrider » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:56 pm

Here is the Carlson site for choke interchange: http://www.choketube.com/choke-tube-int ... -guide.php :thumbsup:
Diplomacy: The art of telling a man to go to @#$%, and making them look forward to the trip.
May those that love us, love us. And those that don't, may God turn the heart. But if he can't turn their heart, may he turn their ankle so we'll know them by their limping.
parsonrider

Postby aunt betty » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:33 am

Get a "Briley's extended range extra full" for a Binelli and then put it in a Beretta 390...good to go.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby Northern Pintail » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:07 pm

I would recommend the combo choke package from Hevishot. You get both an extended range choke as well as a mid range choke. They work great. I use the extended range chokes for long passing shooting and the mid range for decoying ducks as well as timber hunting.
Northern Pintail

Postby #1WATERFOWLER » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:43 pm

I shoot a Benelli M2 and for years used the stock modified choke shooting Federal 3" 1 1/8 oz of #2 for ducks and geese. Pattern was "OK" but I wanted to improve it so I tried a Carlsons full choke. I saw a little improvement but still wasn't satisfied. However, when I went to the Kick's extra full choke I saw a big jump in pattern performance on paper and warm targets with the same load.
#1WATERFOWLER

Return to The Shotgun Forum