Franchi intensity chokes

What scatter guns are you using?

Moderator: MOhuntingGuy

Franchi intensity chokes

Postby MichiganHunter » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:27 pm

I'm looking for a new choke for my intensity, any suggestions on what I should get? I don't usually shoot more than 50 yards max and most of my shots are at decoying birds.
MichiganHunter

Re: Franchi intensity chokes

Postby johnc » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:04 pm

The Carlson line of extended chokes are good as well as George Trulock's line,trulock chokes

For decoying to slightly beyond,probably light modified or some go by SKEET II,constriction

Briley is good

I personally use patternmaster code black goose which is a very extended range choke as I am usually batting clean up---these chokes are excellent but may require a slight learning curve,as in very little forgiveness,it is a stone dead vs complete miss deal

I really like them,they work as advertised,and I shoot them through 4 different guns all with similar results
johnc

Postby Darren » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:30 am

+1 for a Light Mod as your do-all. I've had flush and extended Briley's in LM and currently running a Carlson extended LM in my Benelli M2. Kills ducks and geese dead at the ranges I need (about what you described); all about what you have confidence in.
Darren

Postby johnc » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:11 am

Darren wrote:+1 for a Light Mod as your do-all. I've had flush and extended Briley's in LM and currently running a Carlson extended LM in my Benelli M2. Kills ducks and geese dead at the ranges I need (about what you described); all about what you have confidence in.

and I believe the franchi may have the same choke system as the M2---so extended briley LM should do well,as would Carlson

Carlson may be little more affordable but still excellent product

And I think Carlson may offer a waterfowl pack---two chokes---one for mid range and one for long

I have the long range in my Remington V3,,,has worked very well,,,especially with 2's
johnc

Postby Darren » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:10 pm

I believe they have a fair many multi-range packs for reasonable price. As the one in my M2 is my first Carlson, it was a little cheaper when compared to the same product by Briley. Can't go wrong either way, had always heard good things about Carlson products.
Darren

Postby johnc » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:00 pm

Darren wrote:I believe they have a fair many multi-range packs for reasonable price. As the one in my M2 is my first Carlson, it was a little cheaper when compared to the same product by Briley. Can't go wrong either way, had always heard good things about Carlson products.

you getting good results with 3's or 4's?

That is the biggest thing I noticed with the aftermarket extended chokes,pattern most anything you feed it well
johnc

Postby Darren » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:37 pm

Primarily 3s, some 2s
Darren

Return to The Shotgun Forum