Another Season

Small Game, Predator, & Trapping Forum!!!

Re: Another Season

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:08 pm

What in the fuck is selling for 300 a piece? I can only see the ticker with the lot number and how much it sold for.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby assateague » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:09 pm

Well, if they're only getting $240 for them, it'd be too much of a pain to skin, probably. Unless you lived near a nursing home.
assateague

Postby assateague » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:09 pm

Holy hell, just got $310 for silver fox.
assateague

Postby assateague » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:10 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:What in the fuck is selling for 300 a piece? I can only see the ticker with the lot number and how much it sold for.

That's still the silver fox.
assateague

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:12 pm

assateague wrote:Well, if they're only getting $240 for them, it'd be too much of a pain to skin, probably. Unless you lived near a nursing home.

Any other sites you know of broadcast this?
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby assateague » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:13 pm

You can't see anything, it's just a screen with the lot number and a bunch of Chinese writing on it, with the grade/type of animal/and other features on it. The auctioneer sounds like he's straight off the boat from Australia.
assateague

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:17 pm

assateague wrote:You can't see anything, it's just a screen with the lot number and a bunch of Chinese writing on it, with the grade/type of animal/and other features on it. The auctioneer sounds like he's straight off the boat from Australia.

How do I know what is being sold? I just see the lot number and the price. I don't hear anything.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby assateague » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:18 pm

I think you need the login. Hold on, I'll shoot you a pm.
assateague

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:21 pm

Just for clarification. This is where all fur goes to be sold? Is there a huge auction hall of fur buyers or is it online?
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby assateague » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:23 pm

No, there's a big hall. It's mostly Chinese, with some Russians mixed in for good measure. They are bidding on lots of like-graded furs. Out of a lot of maybe 200, there are about 10 furs representative of the lot which actually make the trip from Wisconsin to Toronto, but they are bidding on the whole lot, at a per-fur price. So if there are 200 furs, that guy paid $60,000 for that lot.
assateague

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:25 pm

assateague wrote:No, there's a big hall. It's mostly Chinese, with some Russians mixed in for good measure. They are bidding on lots of like-graded furs. Out of a lot of maybe 200, there are about 10 furs representative of the lot which actually make the trip from Wisconsin to Toronto, but they are bidding on the whole lot, at a per-fur price. So if there are 200 furs, that guy paid $60,000 for that lot.

Oh okay. Still cool. This is awesome listening to this guy.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:25 pm

So, will your furs be in your own lot, or are they in with the guy that brought all of yours?
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby assateague » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:26 pm

No, they're assigned lots based on grades. Each lot is all the exact same grade of furs. My furs are broken up into about 19 different lots, some have 5 of my furs in a lot of 200, some have 1. They keep track of all that crap.
assateague

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:28 pm

assateague wrote:No, they're assigned lots based on grades. Each lot is all the exact same grade of furs. My furs are broken up into about 19 different lots, some have 5 of my furs in a lot of 200, some have 1. They keep track of all that crap.

Cool, I get it now. I noticed they skipped a lot because no one would bid what they wanted. Do they go back to that lot, or did 200 furs just get boned?
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby assateague » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:30 pm

No, they will hold those furs over until the next sale, which is in April. If they're not sold there, they will hold them over until the last sale of the year, in November I think it is. Sometimes that's not as bad as you might think, because the supply of furs has been completely exhausted, and you get more money. Not always, but sometimes. The next sale is usually the one you get hosed on, because everyone has furs, that they bought at this sale.
assateague

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:32 pm

assateague wrote:No, they will hold those furs over until the next sale, which is in April. If they're not sold there, they will hold them over until the last sale of the year, in November I think it is. Sometimes that's not as bad as you might think, because the supply of furs has been completely exhausted, and you get more money. Not always, but sometimes. The next sale is usually the one you get hosed on, because everyone has furs, that they bought at this sale.

Based on his voice, I want to see a video, but I think I would be disappointed when his character doesn't match the image in my head, lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby assateague » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:34 pm

No kidding, I'm picturing the head gangster in Snatch.
assateague

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:37 pm

So I had to look it up. The Silver fox is a red fox with a melanistic mutation. Guess they don't just breed together, but within all red foxes, so some end up being silver. Kinda like labs. For these prices, I may just start backyard breeding silver foxes.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:39 pm

$400 a piece, fuck my ass!
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby assateague » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:39 pm

No shit. I looked it up, too. I've been scheming a way to dye my gray foxes silver.

Holy hell, some just went for $400 a pelt. Fuck.
assateague

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:44 pm

Do you know what lots are yours? That way you know what you are getting as soon as they bid.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby MuddyWaterWarlock » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:44 pm

assateague wrote:No ****. I looked it up, too. I've been scheming a way to dye my gray foxes silver.

Holy hell, some just went for $400 a pelt. ****.

That is going to be one expensive coat!
Spoken to MuddyWaterWarlock
aunt betty wrote:This is personal. You are a douchebag.
Hey douche, when a seeds sprouts roots...what is it called?

Spoken to 3Leg
aunt betty wrote:You are one of them dipshits who wants to tell me how to build a clock cuz I asked for the correct time.
Fuck you dipshit.
MuddyWaterWarlock

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:50 pm

Reds are going for a lot. You had a bunch of reds didn't you? Some are going over 180
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby NuffDaddy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:52 pm

These are all tanned out hides right??

Sent from my badazz phone using a badazz app
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:54 pm

370 for a red,....Good luck AT
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby assateague » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:05 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:These are all tanned out hides right??

No, fleshed and stretched. Eric, those were the ranch reds, sort of a "designer" fox, with specially bred coats, not really reds.
assateague

Postby NuffDaddy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:33 pm

assateague wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:These are all tanned out hides right??

No, fleshed and stretched. Eric, those were the ranch reds, sort of a "designer" fox, with specially bred coats, not really reds.

damn!!!! I think I need to start trappin behind my house. I know of a few nice reds back there.

NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby assateague » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:09 pm

Brick Top must've took a break. I checked back in, and it sounds like they have Troy Landry auctioneering now.
assateague

Postby assateague » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:49 pm

Good hell, muskrats are going for $14.00.
assateague

Postby NuffDaddy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:51 pm

assateague wrote:Good hell, muskrats are going for $14.00.

dear Lord...what do the mink bring then??

NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Small Game, Predator, & Trapping Forum